Beta's pop decline

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Beta's pop decline

Ok so recently ive noticed an increased drop-out rate from Beta, ive lost CTs before, and im fine with replacing them, but when replacements dont come as quick as they drop out and im loosing 7 in just over a week, thats when i think its time we as Betans should try do something to get people back into the world...

I heard a great point about along those lines which was "Whats the point having a 10mil account if there is less than 500 people active" and chances are beta doesnt even have 500 actives...

So Beta the floor is open to ye, what do you think we could do as a community to fix it, or is there anything we can do?

(my Lost CTs) DARK-Meave 02.04.2013 4:15 We have found out that Spike's citizens have disappeared. We are going to remove this city's cultural goods from DARK-Meave's public exhibition rooms so that we can store them in a safe place. Now our museums have space for new cultural goods treaties again.

DARK-Stilton02.04.2013 0:15 We have found out that Apocalypse2012's citizens have disappeared. We are going to remove this city's cultural goods from DARK-Stilton's public exhibition rooms so that we can store them in a safe place. Now our museums have space for new cultural goods treaties again

.DARK-Stilton31.03.2013 20:15 We have found out that Tiny Master's citizens have disappeared. We are going to remove this city's cultural goods from DARK-Stilton's public exhibition rooms so that we can store them in a safe place. Now our museums have space for new cultural goods treaties again.

DARK-Stilton 29.03.2013 12:15 We have found out that BusT's citizens have disappeared. We are going to remove this city's cultural goods from DARK-Stilton's public exhibition rooms so that we can store them in a safe place. Now our museums have space for new cultural goods treaties again.

DARK-Stilton27.03.2013 4:15We have found out that Bundynized's citizens have disappeared. We are going to remove this city's cultural goods from DARK-Stilton's public exhibition rooms so that we can store them in a safe place. Now our museums have space for new cultural goods treaties again.

Awesome work by empty!! :thumbsup:

Basically.... I like Big Boats and i cannot lie....
  • My suggestion...

First, the obvious-Send goods to new players around you and encourage their growth, send them a quick PM.

Second, the big piracy people need to make sure more casual pirates aren't bullied out of playing the "piracy minigame".

Third, poke your friends on other servers, and keep poking them repeatedly until they agree to join Beta.

Forty second, supply me with gold so I can attack people and force them to fight back. :)
  • 1)good idea, ill be sure to do that to all the perma-inactive noobs around me....

2)totally agree!! dust...

3)gotten a two to join, one stayed (one left the game all together) and another is interested in joining...

42) no, you are a stupid noob...

• It's hard to say. I think that the "boom" stage of Ikariam is long gone, and what we have now is too many servers and too few players.

If Gameforge seriously wants to do something about this they will have to find a way to merge some servers or, they will need to find a way to draw more people into the game.
  • Surprisingly, one of the most significant factors to Ikariam's future was posted recently, and barely anyone has noticed it much.

Ikariam goes mobile!

In my eyes, if Gameforge advertises this game well in the Apple App Store or Google Play Store, the game could actually have some life breathed into it.

I see nothing else that looks as promising as this does.
    Sometimes me think "what is friend?"
    And then me say, "friend is someone to share last cookie with."
  • Silent, in the US servers, they are only on Sigma in terms of new worlds and it was opened at the same time roughly... (i remember cause i used to try log into .org through .com XD )

I agree with you Mir, it could help, but when new people start joinging they will join new worlds to gain an advantage, and GF will contuinue to ruin the older worlds by making new ones, rather than offer good deals to those that join as noobs in an effort to re-juvinate the worlds...

• There are New players but they do no stay long because takes them to long to get resources to build ,there scared some big player will come and take everything in one big swoop, and they really dont know how to play and most people just ignore small players. Me personally i try to help any player i can thats below 300k wither it be with resources or just general help on how your suppose to play the game.

8o 8o 8o 8o 8o
  • I've been on Beta for 2.5 years now and one thing I've noticed is the 2 or 3 academy alliances have disappeared. There were also alliances made up of a decent number of only small players; now ჯWaRჯ seems to be the only example of this.
    So I wonder if this is a factor.
    Most alliances have a limit to join and I can speak from experience when I say that for those without a limit it comes with problems. It seems logical to me that if a new player is encouraged to join an academy rather than just being turned down on size, there wont be the same disappointment but also they'll make friends etc in the academy and have more reason to stay and grow.
  • I agree with you emperor .............and most of all the other post`s
    but it`s just not here! it`s all the server`s that are having the same problem
    500 active player`s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2/3 years ago there was 1500/2000
    I play on 4 server`s and every one is looseing player`s .............everyday
    I have 1 town on an island that had 10 player`s 2 years ago now ...I`m on my own
    what`s the answer?..................I don`t know
    but something has to be done , what I don`t know
    is it the piracy thing? no I don`t think so but that`s another problem that could be linked to the decline of player`s

what do you guy`s do when you see a new player on your island`s ?
    a newbie under protection ?
    do you talk to him/her?
    do you send them a few good`s?
    do you give them a little advice as to how to play the game ?

I was once that newbie (3/4 years ago) NOBODY wanted to talk or help but I persevered made a few island trades and ended up in an alliance
    that was then ..........a long time ago when Ikariam was a popular game
    now it`s on it`s knee`s and we need to grab every new player we see on our islands, make them welcome, help them, and hope to god they don`t go in-active
    I know a couple of the guy`s that have posted in this thread ....there worried and so am I

what`s the answer ......nobody can say

but if we all as player`s in our own server`s try to help every new player to build and learn the game I think it`s at least a start
    sorry for going on so long but that`s the way I feel :)
  • I think the main problem on all servers is that the new players are well new. Ikariam players who have played ikariam for various years have developped firendships and antagonists who have kept their interest in the game. Furthermore the old players start accounts on new servers knowing that they will probably find a couple of their friends from the other servers which will make the new server fun. New players don't have that. Ikariam has passed its golden era and there isn't much we can do to keep the servers active. Hopefully the mobile version will renew interest in the game.
  • Change the way wars are fought and I will be back. I dont take large armies or navies into battle only to fight through a funnel. The warfighting setup in this game is driving players away. It has already been proven by large alliances that a war can go on forever in this game due to players arriving in battle. I dont mind the battle turns, but just dont let my armies fight thru a funnel. For example I do not take 500 ships into battle only to let the front row fire, that is unrealistic and Ikariam is losing players over it, I am one of them. I pop in from time to time to see if its improved but it has not.

Member Beta Server since Feb 2008

• That`s just about impossible dima, think about it!
    how can GF transfer a player to another server and give them what they had before ?
    eg.
    1 town on a Forge island with a level 26 mine and a level 30 forest
    1 town on a posoiden island with a level whatever! mine and a level 22 forest ?????????????
    What about being on an island with player`s that are all contributing to a miracle?
    would you be happy if you got `moved`(to another island, on another server) where you were on your own?
    The logistics are unthinkable, a lot of player`s would be "well out of pocket"
    BUT ...................I`d be prepared to loose a bit, or maybe a lot! if it got the game back on track
    GET YOUR THINKING CAP`S ON Game Forge
  • I agree with Hardkill, the way wars and battles are fought are tedious and require entirely too much time (my time) to engage in. I don't have hours to participate in large battles that require me to watch over certain elements to keep from losing them. BTW, when I started here there were 20,000 in this server. When GF started screwing with the way wars were fought folks started leaving.

Another thought would be to speed the game up for newbies. Shorten building times below lvl 10. speed up transports for all for supplies and armies/navies. Do away with the happiness bonus for CT's and add a ally bonus (automatic garrison rights?).

Put some kind of super plant/mine/forest that is incentive for building them up to higher levels and thereby provides more and last longer b4 needing replenished.

Make spies do more in times of war only.

Early in the life of this server and the others (I played on 4) was more wild and open and FUN! there were lots of fights and lots of trash talk and lots of friends - more of a brawl really but fun times.
  • OYE OYE ..
    beta players ... hi to all of you .

Most of us are playing for some years on beta and on others servers ,, we all know like i can see that the problem is in all teh servers , even on teh new ones !!

The fact is that Ikariam is a great game , providing a lot of faces , building up your towns, fighting others players , creating friendship relations , trading etc ...
    but the problem and i think that you will all of you agreed is that is taking to much time to make actions , etc ...

a very good example is the speed server , everything goes x4 speed , and that for my opinion is teh answer ... the game need speed ... after that the protection to teh new players should be at least until the player get teh 100k sinc now most of us have already account over teh million ....or just give the option of 2 way of game to teh players , a diplomatic way , mean teh player couldn't make raids, pillages etc ... but also could not be attacked or pillaged and an second option a foul active option when everything can be done .... :thumbsup:
    If you don't want to be in war and you don't want to be a slave to warriors, then you better train for war.
    Only true warriors can "protect the peace. ELITE Member of Beta Server

• prpherter the problem with doing away with happy bounuses from CTs is it will anger people a lot for spending LOADS of res getting them high...

• Merging servers is not impossible at all!!
    I would say it's not even hard to do...
    Take a look at your map! Most of the islands population is -0-
    The population density is so low that the users of BETA that overlap with users from ALPHA (for example) or all the users, could be given the opportunity to move (free of charge) their towns as they wish in a period of 30 active days.
  • i doubt gameforge would let you move your towns for 30 days free of charge.
    If i was to merge two servers i would leave the people on the same islands but make an alpha and beta island. Example: if i would go to island 50:50 it would take me to a big ol island, click it and then two seprate islands appear...an Alpha and Beta.

has gamefore even thought about merging servers?