Miracle (Wonder): Temple of Hestia

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Miracle (Wonder): Temple of Hestia

General Information:

Building Name: Temple of Hestia (Miracle)

Building Information:

What does it do:

Hestia is the Greek godess of hearth (fireplace, kind of like home) and of architecture and the ordering of family, communit and state; very relevant to Ikariam. Her temple reduces building time, as follows or as how the developers find it necessary:

Level 1: 5%, Level 2: 10%, Level 3: 15%, Level 4: 20%, Level 5: 30%

Duration: 12h Cooldown: 3D

It applies to constructions that are going on throughout the 12h OR only for the contructions started within the 12h (and until they are done), depending on the developers' preferences. It applies to all towns, like other miracles.

How does it do it: It requires priests and faith from players on the island (as all miracles). Note: all islands are already full however this miracles perhaps can replace some of the miracles on uninhabited islands. Hestia's warmth and guidance inspires construction workers to work more efficiently for their nation.
    Building Description: It can resemble a large marble fireplace which also looks like a small cottage.

Leveling Features: Upgrades like other miracles ( I think all cost the same) Effects are mentioned above^.

Acquirement Statistics:

Resources Cost:

Level 1: --

Level 2: 8,800, 20m
    Level 3: 31,800, 30m
    Level 4: 73,200 45m
    Level 5: 135,500, 60m

Building Required: Temple (to use)

Research Required: Polytheism (required for temples)

Suggestion Reason:

It is a miracle which can benefit everyone, especially players who have large building projects sometimes and are idle other times. It is different from aristocracy in this way, it can be switched on and off quickly without an anarchy period and it can really help an island of developing nations. Also, since it will be on islands with no players to begin with, everyone who finds him/herself on the island, especially colonizers would surely benefit from this miracle.

Render/Image/Screenshot:

Hestia

Special Notes:

None.
  • Its an idea in the right place. So the cooldowns are most beneficial for the newbies on new islands/servers. I think this suggestion could be tailored to work with military unit CD-reductions instead for greater effectiveness but I think this idea of reducing military unit build times has been floated around here already.

What I can see immediately is that the greatest downside working against this miracle is the inevitable leveling of cities such that after a certain build construction time lets say 4 or more hours, the cost/benefit of using a CD reduction miracle goes way, way down. The active Ikariam players will only log-in perhaps 2-4 times a day to upgrade buildings so at this point, the time saved of an hour or two doesn't really translate into a greater build efficiency if you're constrained by when you log-in and not by how quickly your buildings finish.

I believe at some point or another there was an Ambrosia option to enact just this benefit of build-time reductions, I don't see it as an available Ambrosia feature at the present though
  • Thanks for the support, everyone.

Also, riddler, I see you point about it not really changing much for constructions that are too short anyway. It is true that the miracle can't be needed that often.

However it would still give you maybe 1-3 more opportunities per day used (per city), if you play more actively especially for those 12 hrs. It is still a great option for getting you new colonies up to speed, you know, when you have all the resources ready but have much waiting around to do. It also makes a big change when you're doing those larger constructions like 18-24hr town hall constructions.

I believe some of the existing miracles aren't consistently useful to all players either, but they are appreciated when they are used.
  • I've never encountered player that uses aristocracy in all these years :D , and this miracle can be useful (more then current Ares for example), also I think that many builders will be interested in this. That's why I've voted YES.
  • yep, I definitely agree there is usefulness in this miracle, but correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't an Ambrosia feature that reduced build times previously added? I believe it was a one-off special as its not around any longer.

LevFendi wrote:

Thanks for the support, everyone.

Also, riddler, I see you point about it not really changing much for constructions that are too short anyway. It is true that the miracle can't be needed that often.

However it would still give you maybe 1-3 more opportunities per day used (per city), if you play more actively especially for those 12 hrs. It is still a great option for getting you new colonies up to speed, you know, when you have all the resources ready but have much waiting around to do. It also makes a big change when you're doing those larger constructions like 18-24hr town hall constructions.

I believe some of the existing miracles aren't consistently useful to all players either, but they are appreciated when they are used.
  • Too overpowered I think.. Would be used like hefaistos but for builders.

Think a situation: You have 6 of these and all are on maximum level. So you can use it almost always. You have also aristocracy.
    It makes (when x = Hestia and y = Aristocracy):
    100%-x-y=100%-30%-20%=50%

So it would take to make building which takes time 1D to build 12h. That is totally OP.
    I would drop the power something like this:
    Level 1: 2%
    Level 2: 4%
    Level 3: 7%
    Level 4: 10%
    Level 5: 13%

So I voted no but if made few changes I would propably vote yes.
  • I agree that stacking the bonus with multiple miracles would be a problem. Perhaps you can have stacking this miracle not allowed? Of course that would have to be mentioned in the game.
  • can i ask what sort of stacking would be possible? im not trying to refute what you guys said, i guess i just havnt played ikariam long enough to envision what to stack this with
  • You can build on islands with the same miracle on them, right? You can activate these miracles in order so that one is working while others are cooling down. So it is the bonus duration stacking, not the actual boosts. If you have enough miracles, you can have a bonus going on for 24h a day. That's what I mean by stacking, I dont know if it's the universal idea though.
  • I voted yes :thumbup:
    I like the idea but like zerainedas said, the effect should be lowered as it will half the time. I do think it should be allowed to be stacked, yet, I think the cooldown time should increase but the time it is used is lower. For instance, Hep forge goes for 1 day and cools for 7 days, something like goes for 18hrs, cools for 7 days. It just an idea but overall it is good the way it is :thumbup:
  • Yes :thumbsup: I love the variety it brings to the game for all the reasons mentioned above including the way it allows you to bring new colonies up to speed faster
    ~Tau [RETIRED]
    Leader and Founder of U-E-A & Member of CORE
    ~Phi [RETIRED]
    Leader and Founder of U-E-C & Leader and Diplomat of -U-E-
    ~Apollo[RETIRED]
    Leader and Founder of -E-
    ~Charon

R.I.P. Upick
  • I think there needs to be a really compelling reason to introduce a new miracle, due to the changes it would require for already established players. I don't think this particular miracle has a very compelling justification- when there already exist other ways for reducing build times. It's a no from me.