nemenku

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• You've written you're 19. If I'd had a child when I was 19, who had you when they were 19, it would work.
      I was married and divorced a couple of times. I had my two sons late(r) in life.

I probably qualify for senior discounts. But, I don't feel old, and I guess I don't act old. I never think to ask, and no one ever offers ...
    • so you are a senior.. hmmm.. ok. :rolleyes:
      I'm only been around two seniors in my life.. my grandma and adopted grandma XD
      My grandma is a wee bit scary.. but lovable. :P
      She also do not seem old....
      She grows grapes also :D

My adopted grandma... she grows apples and peers.. and plums..
      all type of fruits... I use to love visiting her home when I was younger...

Do you grow any fruits/vegetables?
      Embrace your inner demons.
    • At my house (parents house) we have a fig tree.
      Apple trees.. pear trees.. pomegranate bush/tree

My parents grows vegetables every year :pinch:
      And they have a mint patch.
      I am growing two mint plants in a pot... they look nice XD

Did you ever grow herbs?
      Why did you decide to stop growing a garden?
      Embrace your inner demons.
    • Yes, I've tried growing herbs. But, I didn't have good results. I think I overwater.

This year, spring took me by surprise. And, it seems that on many of the days I had off, it rained. Still, I could have made it happen. It just wasn't a priority for me.
    • This is actually one of the more interesting intro threads I've read. Though, being nosy, I do have a few questions. ;)
      What sparked your interest in ikariam?
      What's your least/most favorite part of this game?
    • What sparked your interest in ikariam?
      I enjoyed playing Sid Meier's original Civilization game. I thought Ikariam would be somewhat like that. And, it is ... sort of. (No rockets at the end though.)

What's your least/most favorite part of this game?
      I don't like that you can't pillage gold anymore. That makes for highly inflated scores for inactive players. I'd add to that that I wish Game Forge could be more aggressive in removing inactive players.
    • Well, there's rocket ships, we're getting there. ;)
      Well, the longer you have an inactive player, the more of a chance that they'll return and buy ambrosia, I s'pose is their reasoning. Especially since they no longer permanently delete inactive players anymore.
      Obviously there has been a lot of inactivity and a lot of players, especially from 2008, have quit the game out of frustration with all the updates Ikariam has added and what not. What keeps you playing ikariam? Especially being in a seemingly inactive world?
    • Byzantium wrote:

Well, the longer you have an inactive player, the more of a chance that they'll return and buy ambrosia, I s'pose is their reasoning. Especially since they no longer permanently delete inactive players anymore.
      Obviously there has been a lot of inactivity and a lot of players, especially from 2008, have quit the game out of frustration with all the updates Ikariam has added and what not. What keeps you playing ikariam? Especially being in a seemingly inactive world?
      I seem to remember reading that it's a legal requirement that if a player has purchased Ambrosia, their account can't be deleted until a specific amount of time (1 year?) has passed, since they have a monetary credit. But, re-enabling pillaging of gold would help keep those players way down in the standings and might lead alliances to jettison their inactive players.

I keep playing because I like building things, and because of the forums. I can battle, but it's not what I prefer. So, I like the fact that there's currently little warfare. The funniest thing that's happened to me was when a new player decided to attack me. He didn't understand just how much of an advantage I had with 8 towns (at the time) and all of my researches complete. I wound up feeding him resources to help him out while he was fighting me. :P

Tiarra wrote:

you are female now
      Temporarily, Mister Golden Sun!
    • { ...enters thread slowly....with flaming sword drawn....thunder is heard in the back round behind his deep voice....}

..tis i that searchs for the raccoon... give me his wareabouts and be rewarded ....for ever.....hhhhaaahaha....

{ thread closes behind him .....with a great scream...}

kp
    • Aye that might be true as well, but overall whether a player has bought ambrosia or not, it no longer gets deleted. The account may disappear, but if that player logs in later on, then it will reappear, so is my understanding at least.
      hahaha that's funny. Whatever happened to that new player? Did he quit or end up joining you guys for helping him fight you.
      Regarding Eta, and specifically regarding the world war, how did that exactly start and how long did it last? Was there a clear victor or did it just kind of fade away as people lost interest? In my server, Delta, we've never had a world war. The closest being a war where there was at least 5 alliances involved in declaring war on one another for various reasons, which I didn't really see as a world war since the definition of which seems to have to involve at least the top 10 alliances.