Lower lvl 38 town hall marble requirement to same as lvl 11 palace/governor's residence

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Lower lvl 38 town hall marble requirement to same as lvl 11 palace/governor's residence

Hello

Level 11 palace costs just below town hall + 4 level 40 warehouses + level 40 dump, which is nice. One can max this building without ambrosia.

However, level 38 town hall has marble requirement just above the maximum unbuffed capacity. This is frustrating, since population support buildings (tavern, museum) can be leveled without ambrosia to 45 & 19 (accordingly), which is more than enough to keep a level 37 town hall full and happy. The maximum unbuffed levels of support buildings and town hall do not synchronize, which I consider a minor design flaw in game mechanics.

So my humble wish is that the marble requirement for level 38 town hall would be reduced to same as the building material requirement of level 11 palace. In practise this means about 6000 marble (with full reduction).
  • tbh im not too sure how many people get TH's that far.... cant imagine that there is a lot of people out there that have...

whilst i did vote yea, there is the option of double storage, which while is annoying to spend money, there is a way already for you to get it, if you spend a small bit....

Awesome work by empty!! :thumbsup:

Basically.... I like Big Boats and i cannot lie....
  • i don't like spending reach cash on stuff, if the ability to spend in game cash (gold) on buying a product that is similar to ambrosia that can buff up towns quicker then i would say heck ya (off topic i know but it ties into what i am fixing to say)
    which would mean town halls can go far beyond the lv 38. costly in the long run though but i do like this idea.
    (even though i am not there quite yet). town halls should lower marble needed "AND" should lower wood required if it gets out of hand.
  • Can't see any valid reason why exactly town hall and not barracks, museum, tavern or port.... we have option to double warehouses for a reason. ;)
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

Can't see any valid reason why exactly town hall and not barracks, museum, tavern or port.... we have option to double warehouses for a reason. ;)

Well there's not much sense leveling museums & tavern higher since the level 37 town hall population doesn't gain anything from them.One can level barracks now to level 46 (takes 2,349,179 wood and about 1.6 mill marble) and trading port to 43; more is of course nicer but I don't see them as limiting to the gameplay as the town hall. Town hall means a) gold b) people to make war machines, researchers, miners, priests and c) garrison room. I think it's the most important building of the whole game. One level more to barracks is like 1% faster troop creation.
  • You do realize that at those levels, the tavern isn't worth the costs. On every server I've seen, wine sells for 5+. I have never seen it go below that for an extended period of time. That means that any wine cost over 36 is inefficient. You're better off just selling the wine. That means you shouldn't really be using a tavern above level 40. The level 37 TH is more than large enough for that. And that is before bonuses from eco futures which increase the gap further.

For any real account that is at that level, I doubt that they're worrying about maxing their tavern usage because that pretty much is the worst idea possible. You'd be worrying about shipping wine all day. I wouldn't even do that on a wine island.
  • I can assure you that all my current 4690 inhabitants are smiling and drunk. Yes this is on a wine island and I don't know what else do with all that stuff. I have no shortage of gold (and I doubt very few in top 100 score have) but I do have shortage on people on occasion. Now with all the piracy rewards wine costs like 0 gold to me and I don't even have to ship it around. So I think maxing the population makes sense even goldwise.
  • I voted yes

Some, we won't name names - are very pessimistic, putting everyone's ideas down all the time - don't listen to him. He has a habit of not thinking about things, just knee jerk reaction - no. Looks like an ego problem to me, can't stand anyone ideas but his own.

yes, town hall level 38, if people want it, should be "doable". sheeze
  • Ha! gmmkgmmk you noticed this too...so it's not just me ;)

Btw dangderr when are you gonna come out of v mode in omik....I need wine and there is no one left around me to pillage
    :D

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
  • Draxo wrote:

Can't see any valid reason why exactly town hall and not barracks, museum, tavern or port.... we have option to double warehouses for a reason. ;)
    The reason is that this game is a free to play not a pay to play one. In this case every player must have the option to achieve the same goals no matter if he pays or not. In my opinion all material requirements must be capped to the current max capacity and of course the players that pay will still be favored because they will not have to keep 5 storage buildings in their towns (and upgrade them to the max level).
    Second, the current prices for buildings allow some people to go over the current max possible level (even with ambrosia double capacity). There are already quite a few level 41 town halls and even one level 42 town hall (7 warehouses required for this level + ambrosia) plus level 48 taverns, level 50 barracks etc. This should not be case and hopefully this will be changed.
    In conclusion, a yes from me for this suggestion.