Monument: Statue of Apollo

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Monument: Statue of Apollo

General Information:

Building Name: Statue of Apollo (Monument)

Building Information:

What does it do: Apollo has been variously recognized as a god of light and the sun, truth and prophecy, healing, plague, music, poetry, and more. Apollo bless the scientists with his power to produce more research in Academies. His Monument gives additional research bonuses to Academies: (Please edit if this is too much or not sufficient)

Level 1: 5% Level 2:10% Level 3: 15% :Level 4: 20% Level 5: 25%

Duration: 1 Day
    Cooldown: 7 Days

How does it do it: Just like other Miracles, The faith of the priests in you Temple and the other players gives it life.
    Building Description: A statue of Apollon
    Leveling Features: Upgrades like other miracles. The effect is already posted above.

Acquirement Statistics:

Resources Cost: Just like other miracles.
    Building Required: Temple
    Research Required: Polytheism

Suggestion Reason:

This miracle can helps you through your research specially when the research requires a large amount of research points or if you have a low Academies. This miracle will be a great help to make more research points to Academies.

Render/Image/Screenshot:

Special Notes:

There is a bonus on loading, traveling, in battles and warehouses also in defending your towns.. Let there be a bonus on researches.
    i think... athena's parthenon should replaced by this one.. because
    athena's statue is not very useful... it only secure your warehouse by
    200%.. and if you are a good player, you dont need this miracle because
    this miracle is for beginners only..^^

[rmpa]EDITED PER REQUEST FROM 7. POST // RMPA [/rmpa]
  • I like your ideas Vio :thumbup:
    You are right about this but there may be a slight problem as to if it was implemented, as other miracles will have to be taken down for the space of this one, and some members may find that unfair that their colossus miracle, or something, has been replaced with this one. Unless they just make a new set of islands on the map to sort it out. I thought that if the miracle lasted a day, then it would have a cooldown time of 7 days like Hephaistos forge.

Should the same settings apply like the other miracles that the more towns with the same miracle and with a temple will decrease the cooldown time ?(
  • Nice suggestion :) . As shadowed knight said, cooldown should be 7 days, and : "Should the same settings apply like the other miracles that the more
    towns with the same miracle and with a temple will decrease the cooldown
    time ?(" I think that it should be the same, because players would have to sacrifice one miracle for another, depending on their playing style and goals.

The only problem with this is: which current miracle have to be replaced? I think that GF has information about how many players use which miracle, and it wouldn't be problem to find out the most unpopular one.
    In my case for example, I'll never use Ares's Massacre, because I don't like the effect it gives, as long as it is in its' current state.

Vio wrote:

Special Notes:

There is a bonus on loading, traveling, in battles and warehouses also in defending your towns.. Let there be a bonus on researches.
    :thumbup:
  • I think that this is a good idea :)
    another good miracle which everyone will use like forge or the fish :)
    nice !
    Worlds where I play : Alpha, Pi, Sigma
    Worlds where I played : Omikron (DR-F), SIGMA (P-R), Chi (NWOLF) , test server
    Gamma, Tau (INC), My (DR-F), Pi (CUR), Apolon (TNP, S_F) 1.speed server
    - Retired
    2. war server finished in ARES (DAWAR), 4. war server
    Former Board Moderator

• i think... athena's parthenon should replaced by this one.. because athena's statue is not very useful... it only secure your warehouse by 200%.. and if you are a good player, you dont need this miracle because this miracle is for beginners only..

madam hopla or sir rmpa please add this to special notes thanks... also please change the Cooldown from 5 days to 7 days also please change the building description from Statue of Lyre to Statue of Apollo it is represented by the image... thank you..

The post was edited 1 time, last by Vio ().

• done :thumbsup:
    Worlds where I play : Alpha, Pi, Sigma
    Worlds where I played : Omikron (DR-F), SIGMA (P-R), Chi (NWOLF) , test server
    Gamma, Tau (INC), My (DR-F), Pi (CUR), Apolon (TNP, S_F) 1.speed server
    - Retired
    2. war server finished in ARES (DAWAR), 4. war server
    Former Board Moderator

• Romolo wrote:

Very nice idea but could it replace Demeter`s gardens because:
    1. Demeter`s gardens is less useful then athena's something (I just assume that GF won't fix more then 1 miracle every 4 years)
    2. youtube.com/watch?v=avYBuijHPBI

I don't know how anyone could disagree with those arguments.

Demeter's Garden is very useful...specially in times of war.. i used it every war.. you know why? because when im making troops i lose citizens and demeter is a great help... making additional citizen per hour when regenerating.. and it is effective.. 6 citizen per hour is a great advantage than others who has no demeters miracle..
  • Well, people will say they use Athena's miracle. I am sure someone use it....
    Anywho...can we change the statue it looks like a feminine man with a diaper :D

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
  • yes, Cass doesnt want the light shone away from her! :P

i voted yes, great idea, but tbh there is an ambro feature for 7D or for 70D so in reality, GF wont want people avoiding them :S

Awesome work by empty!! :thumbsup:

Basically.... I like Big Boats and i cannot lie....
  • Vio wrote:

Romolo wrote:

Very nice idea but could it replace Demeter`s gardens because:
    1. Demeter`s gardens is less useful then athena's something (I just assume that GF won't fix more then 1 miracle every 4 years)
    2. youtube.com/watch?v=avYBuijHPBI

I don't know how anyone could disagree with those arguments.

Demeter's Garden is very useful...specially in times of war.. i used it every war.. you know why? because when im making troops i lose citizens and demeter is a great help... making additional citizen per hour when regenerating.. and it is effective.. 6 citizen per hour is a great advantage than others who has no demeters miracle..
    I fight too and I never found it useful since GF "fixed" it years ago (before it gave a % increase).
    I upgraded my taverns and museum, when I'm low on citizen they increase +60/h or more. +6 citizen/h is not making any difference considering that I need 943 priests in the temple to keep the miracle at level 5.

Correct my math if I'm wrong but
    6cit/h * 24h * 12 towns = 1728 extra citizens every 9 days. It's nothing from my point of view.
    It's cheaper to keep 2k spears always around and dismiss them when needed.

Athena miracle looks more useful.
  • All of you must love spending 200 ambrosia again and again for no apparent reason. Adding this just makes GF money for something that they're screwing other people out of. I'd rather RPs were left alone but GF already screwed that up. This is a fail of an idea for more reasons than the percentage of increase being offered.

Sig by June 8)
  • I think this miracle isn't a good idea and here's why. With all the miracle, the forge, colossus, Athena, etc there are certain situations in the game where they are useful. This is a miracle where it is literally useful all the time, so it adds no strategy to the game. Using this miracle is like hiring a few extra scientists once a week. Ultimately, I don't think this miracle fulfills the uses of a miracle. voted no
    ~Tau [RETIRED]
    Leader and Founder of U-E-A & Member of CORE
    ~Phi [RETIRED]
    Leader and Founder of U-E-C & Leader and Diplomat of -U-E-
    ~Apollo[RETIRED]
    Leader and Founder of -E-
    ~Charon

R.I.P. Upick