Allow Further Upgrades of Shipyard

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Allow Further Upgrades of Shipyard

General Information:

Currently the Shipyard can only be upgraded to Level 32 yet a Barracks can be upgraded much higher - Level 54 I believe? As a naval player I feel this is pretty poor. The shipyard already costs a LOT more resources to upgrade than a barracks so at least give me the opportunity to upgrade the shipyard beyond Level 32 to produce my expensive navy a bit quicker.

Building Name: (What is the name of the building?)

The Shipyard obviously.

Building Information:

What does it do: (What does the building do? Does it reduce the amount of resources required etc)
    How does it do it: (For example, a Stonemason quarries the right stone from the right place reducing wastage materials)
    Building Description: (Ever building has a description, sometimes slightly humours)
    Leveling Features: (How does leveling this building effect its use?)

Acquirement Statistics:

Resources Cost: (Remove if this does not apply/not being changed)

It should be lowered to be more in line with the barracks.

Building Required: (Does a player need to have a set of buildings to build this?)

Suggestion Reason:

The land player is at a big advantage simply due to the fact they can push out troops a lot quicker than a naval player can push out ships. It already costs a lot more for the upkeep of a decent navy so why am I hampered by only being able to upgrade the shipyards to Level 32 when a barracks can be upgraded to Level 54.

Why are you suggesting this new buildings? Think carefully about this one, most suggestions will get heavy critical feedback. Make sure you give a detailed reason and your suggestion solves the issue that you think there is.

The issue is quite simply parity. If I want to produce a large army it will take one day yet a large navy will take at least 2 days with a lot of high level shipyards. I'm already at a disadvantage by having to use significantly more resources to upgrade the shipyard above the equivalent level of barracks.

Anything else you want to add.

it's about time us scurvy sea dogs were able to have a level playing field with those landlubbers oooh arrr.

• [rmpa]This already have been suggested and rejected ( Upgrade Maximum Level )and usually I would rejct this suggestion but then I thought about it and decided to approve it since we got the new version with new types of ships after this suggestion got rejected in the first time. Now with more different ships to build players really need more time to build them and since Im also navalist I really know how painful can be to build decent navy in the short time even if I have 10 lvl 32 shipyards !

APPROVER and READY FOR DISCUSSION and VOTING
    Worlds where I play : Alpha, Pi, Sigma
    Worlds where I played : Omikron (DR-F), SIGMA (P-R), Chi (NWOLF) , test server
    Gamma, Tau (INC), My (DR-F), Pi (CUR), Apolon (TNP, S_F) 1.speed server
    - Retired
    2. war server finished in ARES (DAWAR), 4. war server
    Former Board Moderator

• how about instead of the max upgrade... reduce the training time for ships? i think thats better than making it up-gradable in higher level because you said the shipyard cost a lot of resources to upgrade..
  • Vio wrote:

how about instead of the max upgrade... reduce the training time for ships? i think thats better than making it up-gradable in higher level because you said the shipyard cost a lot of resources to upgrade..

I wouldn't be against thus but the suggestion already contains a part about lowering the cost of the upgrades to bring them more in line with barracks.
  • I agree with the proposal, and will vote yes.

I do not think that the other suggestions here should be acted upon. Obviously ships are much more expensive, and take a longer time to build - (they die just as fast though :) ). But that is the nature of military forces at sea. That should be retained - especially as navies are more powerful than armies anyway - if you win at sea, you pretty much always win the war. It should not become too easy to field a powerful navy. I think the current balance is about right.

Upgrading the shipyard, at a high cost, for incremental improvements in build time, seems reasonable though - as long as it is always still more difficult to put together a stronger navy than army. The high cost of the shipyard upgrades would help there.
  • don't see why not. voted yes
    ~Tau [RETIRED]
    Leader and Founder of U-E-A & Member of CORE
    ~Phi [RETIRED]
    Leader and Founder of U-E-C & Leader and Diplomat of -U-E-
    ~Apollo[RETIRED]
    Leader and Founder of -E-
    ~Charon

R.I.P. Upick
  • Voted yes :thumbup:

I like the idea personally because I can only afford just for the fleet at the moment and I know I originally had a lvl 20-25 shipyard but it took me almost a week just to build up my fleet of 1200 ships. Not much in such a long period of time. So I think it is best for the times to decrease because wars normally last around a month. So maybe the time decrease is the better option :)
  • Interesting, this would lower the time of already stupidly long naval production, so I vote yes. :D
    Pi: Handsome Jack [PHAL] (.com)
    Chi: Holy Diver [BANE] (.org)
    Omikron: Dio [BANE] (.org)
    Psi: Django [-I-] (.org)

Demeter: DrunkenWolf96
  • I agree with the idea behind this suggestion, though as the costs of so many buildings are already so high, why not reduce the training times through some sort of research, or maybe something like militaristic future in workshops ?
  • Still nothing implemented for this? I presume GF are all out drinking champagne from the increased ambro use associated with piracy that they aren't actually implementing suggestions that might improve the game?
  • Quicksilver Racing wrote:

Still nothing implemented for this? I presume GF are all out drinking champagne from the increased ambro use associated with piracy that they aren't actually implementing suggestions that might improve the game?
    Hi,
    GF has not received this idea yet. It was just moved to the top rated suggestions and after a while it might be passed on to the programmers. If you check the top rated suggestions thread you can find some older then 4 years.
  • I've always felt the naval field was neglected and left out to dry. No pillaging for navallists. No quick actions as navy is slow. The only thing we have is no walls. At least let us build.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you