Black Market (Jake)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Black Market (Jake)

Jake® wrote:

Level 25 Black Market:

<tiny photo removed>

Sorry for the size, the image uploader was messing up. :/

IGN: Jake

Am I the first person to have this as the highest level?

Likely so because this new building is pretty worthless on a server that doesn't have any active wars. On a server that has lots of wars, this would be a great feature, but in our current situation, building a Black Market is kinda silly (no offense towards Jake, assuming he only created one just to test it out).

I would recommend destroying that building now that you have tested it...seems unlikely that it will be worth anything until NWA declares war against ETTA...

...on second though, keep it...you never know :)

Thanks to FallenHero for my sig
    • I mainly bought it to see how many levels the building has and to see if the required resources for each level is like an Architect's Office (cheap), or if it's like a Stonemason (much more expensive). But it seems like it's in between. I have no real reason for it, I just like the look of new buildings in my town(s). :)

I agree that it's pointless to build one, but I can't think of another building to go in its place.
    • My typical town:

4 warehouses
      temple
      dump
      gov res
      hideout
      tavern
      wine press
      arch office
      carpenter
      museum
      town hall

That is all 14 spots. In a few towns I sub a warehouse for one of the following: Embassy (just one for treaties), trading post (a couple) and a few towns have Academies.

If you have a well-built account, those extra warehouses are a must to build some of the higher level buildings. However, if your account is smaller, then I can see you thinking "what on earth should I build in spot #13 and #14?". You just don't have that luxury later in the game...unless you want to limit your building process.

-bodude

• bodude wrote:

My typical town:

4 warehouses
      temple
      dump
      gov res
      hideout
      tavern
      wine press
      arch office
      carpenter
      museum
      town hall

That is all 14 spots. In a few towns I sub a warehouse for one of the following: Embassy (just one for treaties), trading post (a couple) and a few towns have Academies.

If you have a well-built account, those extra warehouses are a must to build some of the higher level buildings. However, if your account is smaller, then I can see you thinking "what on earth should I build in spot #13 and #14?". You just don't have that luxury later in the game...unless you want to limit your building process.

-bodude

What? Where are the barracks?

Like Jake, I only have 2 warehouses and a dump in each town myself, use ambro to double my capacity to get those lvl 11 GRs.
      Num-nums!
    • Vergry wrote:

bodude wrote:

My typical town:

What? Where are the barracks?

Like Jake, I only have 2 warehouses and a dump in each town myself, use ambro to double my capacity to get those lvl 11 GRs.

Psh, who needs Barracks on Epsi? No fighting going on...I have soldiers so old the fight with canes.

Plus, with this wonderful Black Market, I can buy all of my army men from Jake!!!

Using Ambro is pricey when you need it to upgrade any building you have in a town. Check out Mobile Hell:

Level 44 Wall - Needed for level 45: Building material: 2,030,272 Marble: 2,148,36
      Level 42 Trading Port - Needed for level 43: Building material: 1,301,973 Marble: 2,042,816
      Level 44 Barracks (ok, I do have barracks in SOME towns) - Needed for level 45: Building material: 1,894,476 Marble: 1,312,981
      Level 44 Tavern - Needed for level 45: Building material: 995,088 Marble: 2,373,269
      Level 19 Museum - Needed for level 20: Building material: 2,094,269 Marble: 2,693,593
      Level 36 Town Hall - Needed for level 37: Building material: 825,774 Marble: 1,993,999

Everything else in that town is Maxed Out. If I only had two warehouses, I would need to use ambro every time I wanted to upgrade any of these items.

As it is, I have 3 level 40 warehouses and a level 34 dump (soon will be level 35). That means I can upgrade my trading port, Barracks and Town Hall without Ambro. The Wall, Museum and Barracks can't be upgraded without Ambro...but I can upgrade the dump a few more times to get at least one more level for each.

Yes, level 11 Gov Res requires using Ambro, so I take that hit...but why do it for all of the other buildings if you can make better use of Warehouses? Better them than some of the other buildings...

-Bodude

• Mine is slightly different...

Level 45 Wall
      Level 43 Trading Port
      Level 45 Barracks
      Level 45 Tavern
      Level 20 Museum
      Level 37 Town Hall

but your still doing okay Blodude!

Don't like my post? Then change your mind! - Kenny Powers
    • anynamewildo wrote:

Mine is slightly different...

Level 45 Wall
      Level 43 Trading Port
      Level 45 Barracks
      Level 45 Tavern
      Level 20 Museum
      Level 37 Town Hall

but your still doing okay Blodude!

Psh, you just added one to mine...just like when I said I was 8 inches and you went around telling everyone that you were 9.

• Well.... you know what they say... "Once you go black.... "

Vergry wrote:

What?! I thought DUMP towns only had one type of building in them......

So at this black market, can we sell fish, whale bones, etc at them? I agree with bodude that folks with canes are the only ones that know what a barracks is. I think they goofed up... they forgot to allow you to sell pirates in the black market. Totally messed up... If you could sell your pirates on the black market, then that would be something seeing as piracy is the only thing going on these days.... OR so it seems.