Legionary

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• General Information:

Unit Name: Legionary

Unit Statistics:

Hit Points: 70
    Armour: 1-2
    Classification: Heavy Infantry
    Range Attack: Pilum, 15, munitions 1, accuracy 3/5.
    Melee Attack: Gladius, 25, accuracy 9/10
    Special Features: Fires off it's 1 round of ammunition at the frontline of enemy army before fight begins, then is treated as regular frontline unit.

Acquirement Statistics:

Upkeep: 6
    Resources Cost: 85 Wood, 65 Sulphur,
    Population Cost: 1
    Barracks/Shipyard Level: 11
    Research Required: Governor

Suggestion Reason:

I feel the military aspect of ikariam has been undeveloped, a new unit is more then due. The implementation of the Legionary would further increase the variety of army development strategy. Whenever 2 armies fight their basically the same percentage of units.

Render/Image/Screenshot:

Special Notes:

If you don't like this please leave a comment not just a thumbs down.
  • [rmpa]Ready for discussion[/rmpa]
    Worlds where I play : Alpha, Pi, Sigma
    Worlds where I played : Omikron (DR-F), SIGMA (P-R), Chi (NWOLF) , test server
    Gamma, Tau (INC), My (DR-F), Pi (CUR), Apolon (TNP, S_F) 1.speed server
    - Retired
    2. war server finished in ARES (DAWAR), 4. war server
    Former Board Moderator

• "I feel the military aspect of ikariam has been undeveloped, a new unit is more then due. The implementation of the Legionary would further increase the variety of army development strategy. Whenever 2 armies fight their basically the same percentage of units."

And how would your unit change that? If it's good, it will be used instead of the old units. If it's bad, it will not. Same thing in the end. Adding a unit for the sake of "variety" is a terrible suggestion and doesn't accomplish anything.
  • Veni Vidi Vici wrote:

Hit Points: 70
    Armour: 1-2
    Classification: Heavy Infantry
    Range Attack: Pilum, 15, munitions 1, accuracy 3/5.
    Melee Attack: Gladius, 25, accuracy 9/10
    Special Features: Fires off it's 1 round of ammunition at the frontline of enemy army before fight begins, then is treated as regular frontline unit.

Acquirement Statistics:

Upkeep: 6
    Resources Cost: 85 Wood, 65 Sulphur,
    Population Cost: 1
    Barracks/Shipyard Level: 11
    Research Required: Governor
    This is just stronger version of hoplite, not to mention that they look the same.

Isn't it cheaper and better to make 2 hoplites that will cost 80 wood, 60 sulphur and 6 gold per hour, with 112 hitpoints, 36 damage, etc... then 1 Legionary?

Also, ikariam has this "Ancient Greek" theme, I wouldn't like to see Roman units in this game.

Hoplites stats:
    from ikariam.wikia

The post was edited 1 time, last by Tobirama ().

• have to agree with the first two comments.

A better idea would be a suggestion for a unit that is as powerful as the usual fronts, but in slightly different ways - so that a decision needs to be made to employ one or the other depending on the situation. I'm not sure how that could be achieved, but someone might like to pursue it :)

But just making a stronger unit means that everyone will use that instead - no decision necessary - and thus, the same uniformity of battle sequence will prevail.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Mihail the Just ().

• My idea for the ancient Greek Cavarly (Light and Heavy) isnt acceptable from moderators of the forum.Develop my idea better and send it to forum again please,ikariam needs cavarly so much.
  • [RMPA]REJECTED SINCE ITS UNPOPULAR SUGGESTION[/RMPA]
    Worlds where I play : Alpha, Pi, Sigma
    Worlds where I played : Omikron (DR-F), SIGMA (P-R), Chi (NWOLF) , test server
    Gamma, Tau (INC), My (DR-F), Pi (CUR), Apolon (TNP, S_F) 1.speed server
    - Retired
    2. war server finished in ARES (DAWAR), 4. war server
    Former Board Moderator