Who ever post last wins!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Me too!
      First one on December 10 and last one on December 13....3 days of mayhem and madness.

In case I forget to say it later, good luck on your exams!
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
    • I liked the first movie and got hopeful...and second one was alright.....and then it was a mess ;( I mean they clearly spent a lot of money on it.....big budget movies (because they made it two parts) but it didn't get or keep my attention. Still, the first two were decent.

Read the books!! :D
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • I think in the books, the love that the two sisters shared is portrayed in a very real manner. I swear sometimes my little sister drives me up the wall, across the ceiling and down the other side. But I would absolutely kill for her. Because family is....family.

I also think that she loved both boys, just in a different way. Each brought out certain aspects of her character, and ultimately, she chose Peter because of who she was, when she was with him. Of course I am perfectly fine with being wrong about this. :P

In 72 hours I will be waiting to write my first Exam......I may be procrastinating! LOL
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • New

Helen357 wrote:

In 72 hours I will be waiting to write my first Exam
      You get to write your own exams? We just get ones the professors wrote...

Also, I just saw the 2016 movie Pete's Dragon. Is it bad that when I saw the ending, where Pete basically gets adopted into the family and lives a happy life, I thought, "Nope. That boy was getting claimed by child protective services where he was going to have a bad time in the system, causing Elliot to realize what he'd done by not letting Pete live with him in the forest until everything crashed and burned. [insert booze] And because of lost school years, Pete will eventually work a minimum wage job and die a broken man." I mean the actual ending was nice, but realistically, there would've at least been a while before he would've been back with that one family.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
      :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
    • New

I haven't seen the BFG. I'll keep it in mind.

As for fantasy, I like it. And I have a couple fantasy worlds in my mind that I like to go to every now and then. Oh to be the mage of lightning, zapping through the air by a thunderbolt. To be an elf, listening to the memories of his people as he walks over the forest floor. To see the formation of a world as one of the gods moved the great mountains that crossed the world's seas and form a continent and brought forth the trolls. Or to run with a centaur across the dusty plains while following a great herd.

Of course they also have their dark points. In one I created a society whoas core foundation is essentially abuse. And in the other one of the races has a superiority complex that makes them feel free to do the cruelest experiments on inferior species, like humans.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• New

I think you have an amazing capacity to create...and often what we create mirrors that which is within us. When I am sad...I see things a certain way and all seems lost and hopeless. When I am happy, anything is possible, nothing that cannot be overcome with hard work and liberal amounts of creative thinking.

My fantasies are usually a little more upbeat and realistic....an alien race lands on Earth, with a medicine that can cure every illness known to mankind and the only thing they want in exchange is to learn all of our stories........way more realistic than centaurs. lol
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • New

Helen357 wrote:

way more realistic than centaurs. lol
      It's quite interesting to read people discussing how centaur biology could work. It taught me that older centaurs have chronic back pain.

Helen357 wrote:

y fantasies are usually a little more upbeat and realistic....an alien race lands on Earth, with a medicine that can cure every illness known to mankind and the only thing they want in exchange is to learn all of our stories.
      The makes me think of V, but without them wanting to eat us. Those kind of stories can be interesting. Do you ever think of the basics to make of story from it or is it more daydreaming-like?

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• New

I think it's more daydreaming like.

I find that when I am fully engaged in what I am doing, I have no time to daydream. But as I get bored...or if what I am doing I simply find boring then my thoughts wander..what if...... It can start with something as simple as seeing a picture of something halfway around and my imagination launches into stories.
      PROCAFFEINATING