Pinned Instantaneously buying resources

• Reported

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Instantaneously buying resources

General Data

Browser (+full version data): Google Chrome
      Extensions: Google Docs 0.5 (only one enabled)
      Did you try deleting the cache/cookies?: No
      A summary:

Ok, this is the 2nd time it happens to me. The first time was a couple of weeks ago (maybe more), but this one has just occured right now.

30.03.2014 12:07Your fleet from Mars has arrived in more rocks and has received the following goods:
      • 400 at a price per unit of:

The thing is we use this trick to hide our gold just before the hourly update and/or when under attack. We set treaties with friends who have trading posts far away. They post offers @ the highest allowable price. Anyway, this is what happened: I clicked my trading post, treaty partners.. set the amount and clicked the icon. My partner is about 8 hours away. Suddenly I get the above quoted message. No loading time (either for the gold at my port or the resources at my partner's port) and no travel time AT ALL. My ships are already heading back to my town (8 hours away). So, what should have been a 16 hours trip (back & forth) plus loading time has now been somehow shortened to just 8 hours a return trip.

Account Data (in Options ingame)
      Server/World: War Server
      Player-ID: 11989
      InGame Name: Solar System
      City-ID: 14152
      Exact ingame time or time frame and date: Shown above
      CombatID (if you can but not necessary): No combat

Other/Further Information:

Screenshot (please do not alter):
      :D:D I laugh because I don't know what -the hell- is going on :D:D

• that has happened on a number of trades ,

you are not the ONLY ONE it has happened with .

it has bled into other servers and countries as well,
      it stems from rushing through test server and not applying what people are saying .

it is something like having some one bleeding to death in a waiting room and instead of immediately helping send three people over with the correct forms to fill out and hassle around with the exact birth date of his deceased grand mother on his mother's side of the family on line 473 ..lol

which could be provided in Spanish on another form by filling out the Special Request form , 231 .. lol

i think that is what happens once it leaves the board to GF ...

i do not Know That buh i Think that.

*~//: )

what i noticed about the trade thing is that there is no pattern to it , i have thought that it might be something to do with messages and trade with friends , however , i have bought goods from people i do not know and have the in town advisor say that the trade ships have received the goods at XXX Gold , and i never had bought anything else previously from their trade post.

Holly , who is a prolific trader (i am only in the top 30) Holly says , she thinks it is happening in like one of every ten trades.
      my experience is that here will be like a flourish or rash of trades that do that then it goes back to normal for a while and then it starts happening again..
      sometimes back to back trades in two completely different directions.

well , i am fairly certain that is not a major Help , however , i just wanted to give your post some input and my experience of the problem .

The post was edited 1 time, last by Weezbo ().

• @Solar. Your report has been added.

@Weezie. ok.. had to read your post 3 times
      :D

I know players have been having this problem once every blue moon, but infos are still needed each time this bug appears. So, if this happens again, no Special Request form, 231 needed. All that is needed is the following:
      Server:
      Player name:
      Time: A copy/paste of the trade (just like what solar did in the first post)

Don't want to show your trades to strangers? then please give the exact time that appeared in your town news.
      Many thanks.

You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Thank you iostak.

It has just happened once again. Same details as my original post (server, player ID, city ID .. etc.)

Mars01.04.2014 22:07Your fleet from Mars has arrived in more rocks and has received the following goods:
      • 1500 at a price per unit of:

Edit:
      It looks related to the 7th minute to me now. Time is XX:07 I started loading my gold @ about 22:04. It takes more than 3 minutes for it to load. The time hit 22:07 and there it happened. I will try to reproduce the same bug when I do have some gold at this time and see what happens.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Solar System: Adding details ().

• Thank you.

We need MORE reports! so, keep them coming in.

Server:
      Player name:
      Time: A copy/paste of the trade (just like what solar did in Post#1)
      Don't want to show your trades to strangers? then please give the exact time that appeared in your town news.
      You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Ok, I was wrong about it happening in a specific time condition:

04.04.2014 16:56Your fleet from Earth has arrived in The Tavern and has received the following goods:
      • 100 at a price per unit of:

Edit: Current City-ID:9709

The post was edited 1 time, last by Solar System ().

• give this a a second read , please.

"my experience is that here will be like a flourish or rash of trades that do that then it goes back to normal for a while and then it starts happening again..

{sometimes back to back trades in two completely different directions}."

i realize it does not spell out exactly what i meant by that .

{....Sometimes trades in back to back , in completely different directions ...} basically ,
      it means that not only trades coming from one port to a different buyer , buh completely different buyers and sellers as well.

A sells 2K to one 7 K to another in opposite Directions ,

A sells 5 K to B ,
      B sells 25 to A.. in a collaborated trade .

meaning we agreed upon the trade thru the trading posts , rather than free trades , where there is collaboration..

oh , i also remember trades from different folks that showed up like A, B , C , all with the quickness . one glass one sulfur one wine so it is not resource specific.

i suppose thats as clear as mud too buh there it is.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Weezbo ().

• LOL.. this time is even better.. it bypassed a loading shipment.

What I did is load some wood to transport to another town, THEN I went to my trading post & responded to my treaty partner's offer. It should have waited for the wood shipment to load first before it started loading the gold. Instead, it went to my partner's port & started loading while my wood was still loading in my port.

Venus11.04.2014 20:22Your fleet from Venus has arrived in more rocks and has received the following goods:
      • 400 at a price per unit of:

• I have the same thing happening on the Greek Server.

it's happened twice already in two days but I can't replicate it. Being that I'm buying and selling lots I will see if it happens again.
    • Douros wrote:

I have the same thing happening on the Greek Server.

This should be posted in .gr bugs section or inform the admin using the ticket system for .gr :)
      You will need to inform them of your player name, your server, and the time this happened.

As for trying to reproduce / replicate this, it's not possible, at least not in my experience. Sometimes I get it, sometimes I don't.
      But please do report it in .gr, I'm sure Dimitris will be able to report it for you :)
      Thank you.
      You'll Never Walk Alone
    • I've had that a few times in Asklepios. Can't provide the details now I'm afraid.

Once in Sigma I pressed the recall button to bring warships home and they immediately teleported into my harbour.

I'll report these things if they happen again.
    • Iskandar wrote:

I've had that a few times in Asklepios. Can't provide the details now I'm afraid.

Ok. but I assume you have quite a few trades going on already? I mean to say, you are essentially a trader?

Iskandar wrote:

Once in Sigma I pressed the recall button to bring warships home and they immediately teleported into my harbour.

Now, that would be something else. Extremely rare since v.4.
      If that happens again, can you please send a PM to me and rapunzel13? (with details of your server, player name/towns involved and approx. time-frame).

Thank you.
      You'll Never Walk Alone
    • Ships are bought instantly without any sending time

General Data

Browser (+full version data): 40.0.3
      Extensions:
      Did you try deleting the cache/cookies?: n/a
      A summary:
      I was buying ships from my alliance members.. Two of them are in 3 islands away, when I sent the buying missions, they went normally.

But another one was 6 island away, as soon as I sent the buying mission, it got bought instantly and the gold is deducted and ships that I bought were coming back to me.

Although, this is a helpful bug, helped me save time, but as a good Samaritan, I decided to report it anyway.

Server/World: Rho
      Player-ID: 53963
      InGame Name: Kretos
      City-ID: 105397
      Exact ingame time or approx. time frame, and date: 07.09.2015 9:37
      CombatID (if you can): n/a

The buying is completed instantly, no sending time was taken. The bug helped me save time, but still it is a bug and it should be reported.

Screenshot (please do not alter): n/a
    • Instant Black Market trade

General Data

Browser (+full version data): Chrome
      Extensions:
      Did you try deleting the cache/cookies?: Don't think it's related to my computer at all
      A summary:

I was casually selling troops on the BM to a guy, he is buying from ~1 to 2 hour distance. Then suddenly, he bought one of the "unit-packs" instantly, without any travel time whatsoever.
      You can see on the screenshot, I moved the units to sell to my city with BM at 10:42 server time, then I put 100 hoplites in for wood and bam, they were pretty much instantly bought.

Server/World: ares
      Player-ID: 5659
      InGame Name: waffles
      City-ID:1166
      Exact ingame time or approx. time frame, and date: see on screenshot
      CombatID (if you can):

Screenshot (please do not alter):

prntscr.com/azp2fr
    • Thank you for reporting this - merged with the main thread. :)
      Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
      (c) Albert Einstein