Incrase trade ship speed by 100% between those with trade treaties

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Incrase trade ship speed by 100% between those with trade treaties

General Information:

What are you suggesting? Increasing the speed of trade between those with trade treaties by 100%, cutting the travel time in half.
    How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system? It will not effect the battle system at all. It will give more value to trade treaties and improve player interaction.

Suggestion Reason:

Why are you suggesting this? What will it solve/make easier? Think carefully about this one, most suggestions will get heavy critical feedback. Make sure you give a detailed reason and your suggestion solves the issue that you think there is.

This would make trading over long distances faster, improve teamwork, and improve player retention. If players can interact with each other and not have their ships tied up for excessive amounts of time then the worlds will feel less empty.

Render/Image/Screenshot:

Do you have a picture/render/screenshot of what it might look like? A visual aide always helps an idea come to life.

Special Notes:

Anything else you want to add.
  • Intriguing. I probably won't be quite so harsh on this idea as trade treaties are naturally to trade with those far away but I shall say once again: We have Poseidon, no? We have Triton Boosters, no? Part of this feels like a whine about long travel times. Patience is the key to Ikariam. (Or a big wallet if you don't have patience.)

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • Kaleg Nar wrote:

Intriguing. I probably won't be quite so harsh on this idea as trade treaties are naturally to trade with those far away but I shall say once again: We have Poseidon, no? We have Triton Boosters, no? Part of this feels like a whine about long travel times. Patience is the key to Ikariam. (Or a big wallet if you don't have patience.)

I agree with you. There are already a few ways you can cut time.

Ika.org
    Mushmellow - Rho

Retired... Game Operator & Board Moderator

• Esquilache wrote:

Kaleg Nar wrote:

Intriguing. I probably won't be quite so harsh on this idea as trade treaties are naturally to trade with those far away but I shall say once again: We have Poseidon, no? We have Triton Boosters, no? Part of this feels like a whine about long travel times. Patience is the key to Ikariam. (Or a big wallet if you don't have patience.)

I agree with you. There are already a few ways you can cut time.
    And I have used them all. I have 24/7 Poseidon. I have used drafting and rocket boosters, and why would I spend ambrosia on rocket boosters on trade when I can just use the premium trader? Even with 40 extra boats I can't ship my own resources fast enough, let alone find time to trade.

I don't want to trade because it is not productive. Pillaging is productive, moving my own resources is productive. Trade, to me, is pointless. By making trade ships faster for purposes of trading (not fighting, not piracy mobiles, just trading) it can only improves the economy of the servers. It makes it more likely that people will trade which increases player interaction, which in turn improves player retention.
  • My trading post isnt often used to complete trades. Its mainly used to hide resources for a few hours, usually while a team mate is sleeping or offline. We are careful to avoid using it while Poseidon is active because we dont want it to reach its destination quickly or at all in most cases.

This method is used a lot on war servers to hide gold.

Based on what I know about trading as explained above, i dont see how it can increase player interaction. I see it decreasing teamwork.

but i will hold off on casting a vote until we hear from some traders.
    On July 12th, 2015, the 'gentle giant' lost his 14 year war with cancer. We are honored that he served as our SGO. RIP dear husband.
  • If everything in full boost:
    - 100% poseidon : 100% increased speed for warships and transporters.
    - full triton : 300% basic speed
    - Oligarchy : +10% Speed for merchant ships

I would say that's 'quite rapid'...
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • iotsak wrote:

If everything in full boost:
    - 100% poseidon : 100% increased speed for warships and transporters.
    - full triton : 300% basic speed
    - Oligarchy : +10% Speed for merchant ships

I would say that's 'quite rapid'...

we should also keep in mind that not everyone has ambrosia or poseidon.. and a very handful of people (if any) use Oligarchy government.
  • And so? If you want to make your ships faster, you have these options. No need to make it all easier.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Like Motopia, I also have perma Poseidon.. and I have ambrosia to use triton engine if needed.. but as Motopia mentioned, why would I use ambrosia and then my time and ships to trade? I'd just rather convert them to something useful, that is required by nearby people and sell it to them..

eg: I have lots of sulfur, but nearest guy looking for sulfur is 14 island away..

but in 3 island distance everyone is looking for crystal, I will just convert sulfurs to crystal and sell it to nearby people.

Trading is not very productive, and trade treaty is very much useless.. all we are asking to make it a little more meaningful.. that's all!!
  • Hopla wrote:

Once a suggestion is approved, it gets 90 days to be discussed. If your idea is very well received by the Ikariam community and players feels it is merited, then it will be moved to the Reported Suggestions forum. For a suggestion to get into the Reported section, the suggestion must receive more than 80% upvotes, minimum 12 out of 15 votes, after 90 days of being active.

[jake]This suggestion has been open for over 90 days, and hasn't received the required feedback to be moved up to the Reported Suggestion forum. Thank you all for voting. Thread closed! :)[/jake]