Ares Revamp?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

  • Ares Revamp?

    General Information:As it is, Ares is useless. I'm suggesting something that would be more useful and also promote war.

    What are you suggesting?
    Effect: Reduction on maintenance for your troops

    20% faith: the gold costs of your forces is reduced by an additional 5%
    40% faith: the gold costs of your forces is reduced by an additional 10%
    60% faith: the gold costs of your forces is reduced by an additional 15%
    80% faith: the gold costs of your forces is reduced by an additional 20%
    100% faith: the gold costs of your forces is reduced by an additional 25%

    Duration: 7 Days
    Cooldown: 3 weeks

    How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system? It will lower maintenance costs of troops, allowing larger armies.


    Suggestion Reason:

    Why are you suggesting this? What will it solve/make easier? Think carefully about this one, most suggestions will get heavy critical feedback. Make sure you give a detailed reason and your suggestion solves the issue that you think there is.

    As it is, Ares is useless. Also, war is what makes Ikariam thrive but you can't fight a war without an army. This would reduce maintenance costs with the researches so that the total reduction is researches+wonder. And as most early wars when servers are most active last about a week, this would be suited at encouraging the week war and giving a natural rate of recouping.


    Render/Image/Screenshot:

    Do you have a picture/render/screenshot of what it might look like? A visual aide always helps an idea come to life.


    Special Notes:

    Anything else you want to add.

    If the values are too high, please let me know. I'm just throwing this out as an idea.


    I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:




    badidol wrote:

    Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.




    badidol wrote:

    Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • [rmpa]APPROVED and READY for DISCUSSION and VOTING[/rmpa]
    Worlds where I play : Alpha, Pi, Sigma
    Worlds where I played : Omikron (DR-F), SIGMA (P-R), Chi (NWOLF) , test server
    Gamma, Tau (INC), My (DR-F), Pi (CUR), Apolon (TNP, S_F) 1.speed server
    - Retired
    2. war server finished in ARES (DAWAR), 4. war server
    Former Board Moderator

  • Kaleg, I am onboard with anything that reduces my gold costs, but ummm, spending gold to save gold seems counter-productive, doesnt it?
    On July 12th, 2015, the 'gentle giant' lost his 14 year war with cancer. We are honored that he served as our SGO. RIP dear husband.
  • bringiton212 wrote:

    Kaleg, I am onboard with anything that reduces my gold costs, but ummm, spending gold to save gold seems counter-productive, doesnt it?

    Hmmm, maybe I didn't think about it that way, though I think the way to use it then would be put the priests on, activate, and lay off the faith in that case. Plus in a theocracy with a large army it should be more cost effective. Though I will say when I first read that and reacted with :rofl: at my lapse in realization. :P


    I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:




    badidol wrote:

    Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.




    badidol wrote:

    Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • Maps + Code of Honor + Logistics + 25*Militaristic Future = -64% cost of armies
    With this suggestion: -89%

    It's mean: can be (36/11=) more then 3 times army!

    So it will be, then will must use! (If you build an army.)

    No.
    If you see a grammar mistake in my post, please fix it!
  • Quartz wrote:

    No thanks. It duplicates the effects of Military Future AND Seafaring Future. In the limit it's far too powerful.

    I do agree that Ares and Hephaestus need to be reworked. The former is too weak; the latter too strong.



    Yes I agree Ares is (IMO) weak ..... No I disagree that the Forge is too strong or that the duration /cool down needs to be adjusted.

    Also Hades needs a major retooling. :P
    <3 Ratna
  • Hades isnt so bad. I know traders that rely on it. When used with Athena and Colossus (Hermes comes in handy too), it is pretty good to have on your side if you are a trader. I have heard builders say positive things about it and even saw a pirate we were fighting use it. He said it allowed him to turn sulfur into marble without using ambrosia. Kind of took the fun out of fighting him knowing that. :evil:

    I would like to see Ares brought back to its former glory. It was a lot of fun in battles.
    On July 12th, 2015, the 'gentle giant' lost his 14 year war with cancer. We are honored that he served as our SGO. RIP dear husband.
  • I liked the old Ares, giving 100% morale to everyone on the field. It allowed you to kill off troops of offline players even if they separated out their morale units so their army would scatter after a few rounds if attacked; Ares prevented this. As always, there was debate about whether it was worth getting over other miracles for land fighters (for sea fighters there was no debate since at that time, no morale ship existed at all xD), but depending on how competent the people you were fighting were, it was a good utility to have at times. Until they changed it to only work in your own towns for no apparent reason, lol.


    Ingame Rules | Board Rules | Open a Ticket

    If you have an issue with my moderating, feel free to send a private message to me or to my supervisor, -Hera- .

    The post was edited 3 times, last by Glenwing ().

  • Glenwing wrote:

    I liked the old Ares, giving 100% morale to everyone on the field. It allowed you to kill off troops of offline players even if they separated out their morale units so their army would scatter after a few rounds if attacked; Ares prevented this. As always, there was debate about whether it was worth getting over other miracles for land fighters (for sea fighters there was no debate since at that time, no morale ship existed at all xD), but depending on how competent the people you were fighting were, it was a good utility to have at times. Until they changed it to only work in your own towns for no apparent reason, lol.

    no apparent reason? what are you talking about? I remember the time.. lots of people teleported their towns to Ares island it was so much important in sea battles and in some cases land battles.. thank god I didn't have enough ambro at that time, or I'd have done too..

    Then GF changed it to former version, and several people had shifted their towns back to Forge islands.. :)

    Do you not see any reason? their is a pattern.. I won't be surprised if they change Forge or Poseidon to something worthless at some point, and gave Hades a awesome buff..

    but as now I know the GameForge matrix, I won't be tricked into teleporting my towns ever again..(I used it for 3 Forge and 1 Poseidon)
  • Sarberas wrote:

    Glenwing wrote:

    I liked the old Ares, giving 100% morale to everyone on the field. It allowed you to kill off troops of offline players even if they separated out their morale units so their army would scatter after a few rounds if attacked; Ares prevented this. As always, there was debate about whether it was worth getting over other miracles for land fighters (for sea fighters there was no debate since at that time, no morale ship existed at all xD), but depending on how competent the people you were fighting were, it was a good utility to have at times. Until they changed it to only work in your own towns for no apparent reason, lol.

    no apparent reason? what are you talking about? I remember the time.. lots of people teleported their towns to Ares island it was so much important in sea battles and in some cases land battles.. thank god I didn't have enough ambro at that time, or I'd have done too..

    Then GF changed it to former version, and several people had shifted their towns back to Forge islands.. :)

    Do you not see any reason? their is a pattern.. I won't be surprised if they change Forge or Poseidon to something worthless at some point, and gave Hades a awesome buff..

    but as now I know the GameForge matrix, I won't be tricked into teleporting my towns ever again..(I used it for 3 Forge and 1 Poseidon)


    I'll rephrase, no apparent game balance reason.


    Ingame Rules | Board Rules | Open a Ticket

    If you have an issue with my moderating, feel free to send a private message to me or to my supervisor, -Hera- .
  • Hopla wrote:

    Once a suggestion is approved, it gets 90 days to be discussed. If your idea is very well received by the Ikariam community and players feels it is merited, then it will be moved to the Reported Suggestions forum. For a suggestion to get into the Reported section, the suggestion must receive more than 80% upvotes, minimum 12 out of 15 votes, after 90 days of being active.

    [jake]This suggestion has been open for over 90 days, and hasn't received the required feedback to be moved up to the Reported Suggestion forum. Thank you all for voting. Thread closed! :)

    Please note: we are still waiting for a response from GameForge for the following suggestion: ARES Miracle - Back to Normal.[/jake]