Discussion: Halloween contest 2014

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Waiting for this :D :thumbsup:
    Worlds where I play : Alpha, Pi, Sigma
    Worlds where I played : Omikron (DR-F), SIGMA (P-R), Chi (NWOLF) , test server
    Gamma, Tau (INC), My (DR-F), Pi (CUR), Apolon (TNP, S_F) 1.speed server
    - Retired
    2. war server finished in ARES (DAWAR), 4. war server
    Former Board Moderator

• Dear Player,
    Halloween is coming, so we decided to put in place a... 5-days thrilling contest open to everybody, with prizes in Ambrosia. Contest starts in the evening of Wed 29th until Sun 2nd November. Details on board as usual.
    So, test your skills, and partecipate!

Your Ikariam.org Team

I Think you have a typo there :D

<-- From Google

To the question. Where do I start? I Don't get it. Sorry. :whistling:

-----EDIT----

I Got it now hahah :cursing:

The post was edited 3 times, last by Softlymode ().

• Methinks you made a spelling error. Though I am definitely looking up the last word since it's the first time I've ever seen it (unless it's just a weird British spelling contradicting the gold standard American version ;))

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • I found the last word's meaning with a quick google search. (Never really ever saw the base word used in such manner.) However, assuming my submission was correct and considering I got through the maze it should be, I believe there was still a minor typo.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaleg Nar ().

• It was hard for non-english to see what is the answer :wacko: specially if there is really that typing error :(
    Worlds where I play : Alpha, Pi, Sigma
    Worlds where I played : Omikron (DR-F), SIGMA (P-R), Chi (NWOLF) , test server
    Gamma, Tau (INC), My (DR-F), Pi (CUR), Apolon (TNP, S_F) 1.speed server
    - Retired
    2. war server finished in ARES (DAWAR), 4. war server
    Former Board Moderator

• It's not a typo, the word is in High Valyrian ;)

P.S. With that merge happening I almost missed that question lol....saw it 1 h ago haha

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
  • rmpa wrote:

It was hard for non-english to see what is the answer :wacko: specially if there is really that typing error :(

Well it's a minor typo though yeah, a couple of the words, being Halloween-themed, are not what you'd learn in an English class really. Kind of like learning the Vietnamese word for aglet (the plastic part at the end of a shoelace) which according to Google Translate is: miếng kim khí đầu dây giày. (I personally think that has to be a mistake.) So not common, but there.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• I'm afraid there is no typo :)

Full text is:

Development of artifacts and symbols associated with Halloween formed over time. Jack-o'-lanterns are traditionally carried by guisers on All Hallows' Eve in order to frighten evil spirits. There is a popular Irish Christian folktale associated with the jack-o'-lantern, which in lore, is said to represent a "soul who has been denied entry into both heaven and hell"

In Ireland and Scotland, the turnip has traditionally been carved during Halloween, but immigrants to North America used the native pumpkin, which is both much softer and much larger – making it easier to carve than a turnip.
    A Festive Season To All!!
  • Sir org, i don't get this. The first row of scrambled words goes to first row of blank spaces? Or the letters can be arranged to any rows?
    the first row is (AYICT) - it's only 5 but the blank should have 7 words in it.
    And also the last scrambled words has 14 while the last blank should have only 12 spaces including the 2 dash (-).
  • Quick queston, you said the answer would be a phrase, but is that overall or just each line is a phrase in and of itself. So for example if there was the case of three rows with the answers, She, Fast, Run would the answers have to be in the form of She Ran Fast or would just putting them together in any order work?

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• I get it now. Thank you sir! I've got to read the instructions more carefully from now on.

@Kaleg Nar

I think you should put them in order since the rows got their corresponding number of letters and also this is one of the instructions

Can you help me put them back on their places?