Leaving Zeta

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Leaving Zeta

Waitiig the merge we are so excited but we also feel not so Good leaving from Zeta.
      Especially for the people that we play only here, on Zeta server, for years, it make us feel that we leave from OUR server, Our home, where we made close friends, fights, having memories, good and bad moments.
      In honour of all the great battles on Zeta and the people, we start in Alfa or beta Lets keep all our Memories and lets Rock in the new server .
      This thread is for all of us , WHO likes to share some of our memories from Zeta...anything you would like to say or any feeling , leaving from here...
    • Ah Alex, nice of you to post this.
      For me Zeta has been a life well lived. I was born here, became a toddler, youth, juvenile, adult and nearly retired here lol.

As you say, good and bad memories.

We will leave Zeta, but in the immortal words of 'Led Zeppelin', "The song remains the same"
      Real Life: Sacred Sexual Sharman

"I have skills, I will look for you...................I will find you......................and I will k... you (Liam Neeson)
    • It was a great honor to play in Zeta with all of you guys. I started playing this game in August 2008 and I didn't imagine at that time that I will play for this long. the only sad thing was seeing friends leaving the game (and XPS disbanding NF :P). I wish you all luck and looking forward to see you again after the merge.

All Hail Zeta
    • No regrets here either

I joined Zeta on December 8, 2008 and, after playing in a small alliance (CTU) in virtual obscurity for my first year and a half (I didn't even have a board account and had never even crossed paths with NF), I joined IRON. This was the single greatest decision I have made in Ikariam, across all the servers I play.

As a fledgling IRON member hungry to make my mark, I ascended the leadership ranks and became president in February 2011, just in time to be declared on by NF while we were warring MAC and AE and then months later finding ourselves under a triple declaration from LCN, 1SOL, and BoB. These were heated, stressful times (and looking back perhaps my diplomacy skills weren't the best) and the fact that IRON made it through them was a testament to all the great players and characters in our ranks. To any IRON members reading this, it was an amazing experience to play alongside you and a true privilege to serve as your president.

And I'd be remiss if I didn't mention my current brothers in UAZ (formerly FEE). Founded on a cause of having fun and giving the enemy hell, we've evolved into having such a larger purpose. When FEE finally took down LCN, Grabbie sent me a message saying "we did it." Now that we've united so many active Zetaens under one banner for the merge in an alliance that is both strong and decent, I share that message with him and everyone who has built UAZ into what it currently is: we did it. And now it's time to unleash UAZ on the other worlds.

I've played this game long enough to go from a player in obscurity craving notoriety to a notable player craving obscurity. And now that I count so many of my former enemies among my closest friends on the server, I know it's time for a new challenge for us all. If Zeta has taught me one thing about life, it's this: my hated, bitter enemies were usually not so different than myself (they weren't bad, immoral individuals), they were just playing the game from a different point of view. With that said, I look forward to maintaining all the great relationships I've made on Zeta as we all await an exciting new experience on Alpha.

Most satisfying moment on Zeta: Posting the damage statistics and claiming victory in the 3rd (and final) IRON vs. LCN war in July 2011

Most humbling experience on Zeta: After IRON initially held our own for the first two weeks of the war, being subject to the onslaught by the NF war machine in October 2011
      Alpha- Unaligned
      Delta- -Emp-
      Zeta- FEE
      Omikron- BANE
      Rho- IRON
      Phi- NOW

The post was edited 1 time, last by murdoc1 ().

• When i decided to play ika i had to choose a server, so i decided to play in Zeta.
      i was alone , in a new server, knowing no one, and having no idea about the game. i tried hard.
      when i had 130.000 points i decided to choose an Alliance, so i checked all the Alliances, and i found one that in front of my eyes was what i was looking for...War alliance...it was 1SOL, my first Alliance i joined.
      i sent a mess to the diplo (iron jack) and as a fighter i was so excited to be part of one really War Alliance like this !!!
      iron asked me some questions,and when he told me ok come, i was really happy !!
      my account was so small but i had the need to have fun and to prove how good i was...
      at that moment, a war started, i was fighting as good as i could and at the end i had the number one of the offensive points in my Alliance....it was a rule inside Alliance that i didn't know....if someone is number one is The God of War...so sundenly in my Alliance everybody said congrats... your first war with small account....and you are the God of War..
      My Leader Vanci gave me congrats and i saw my name and the rank for that and all these things that made me really happy. That one was one of my nice memories....i have a lot , but that one was from my begining in zeta and in ikariam game thay i will never forget.
    • I came over to Ikariam with a group of players that met playing Warbook on Facebook. We started LGN. Unfortunately I was placed on the other side of the map from our alliance. We had come over the day they opened Zeta server. I am bad with names but I remember JiggatyJ was near me and we used to chat a lot. At that time NF had just been formed and ruled the leaderboard in total score. JiggatyJ got ranked 10th and I was around 15th. We were getting into NF territory and they invited us to join. So within my first week here I became NF.

At first I didn't fight much, I was building and trading. I used to buy everything really low in the trading post and then sell for a few gold higher but before ambro it was effective. I think we were able to exchange it to another resource or something back then.

One day I got attacked and that was it I lost it and warrior xzelphi was born. Within 3 weeks I learned to fight and made that player and 5 of his friends quit the game.

NF in the old days was fun. An alliance was only allowed to declare 10 wars at a time and we had to wait in line to be able to have our General or Leader declare one for us. For over a year we had 10 wars going at a time. We were dominating all over the board. Players either quit or alliances started merging with each other to try to have more numbers for strength.

The first of these alliances that tried taking over number 1 spot by having more members was NGH. We hit them so hard and so relentless and told their leadership they either had to disband or we would go until their players quit. I think we made 30-40 players quit before NGH disbanded. In hindsight, this is one of the reasons our server became so barren.

NF leaders came and went but we still kept the same philosophy and everyone followed orders from the leadership and we had very few voting situations. We were a war alliance not a democracy. It's what kept us on top all those years.

Other alliances challenges us but then there was the real loudmouth Armenian Warrior. This was still in version 2.8. Actually just before it was switching to 3.0. AW would threaten everyone in game and on the boards but when you would accept his challenge he expected you to travel the 2 day trip across the world to his mains where obviously he had the advantage as it was hard to resupply. Back then you could also slow boat an MC so it couldn't be torn down. I rose to the challenge and even his alliance backed off and let me take him even though we were at war. It took some time and I had to delete a full town to get an MC but I crushed him and had him at 0 Gen score for over 6 months. You could kill everything back then including cooks and doctors.

Because there was no station in towns etc. I had consistently been sending occupations for their 8 hour maximums and had a minimum of 49 things going on to and from all of his towns in my troop movement screen for those 6 months. Meanwhile I was still sending units and ships to war against other people. This is where many people first saw what I can do.

Anyone who is anyone also knows I love the board banter. I pushed the envelope as much as I could to get others irate and banned. I cannot even count how many people got permanently banned from the boards because of me. If you didn't know of me in game you sure knew about me on the boards. If you didn;t then, no offense, but you you obviously weren't significant enough of a player yet on Zeta.

Now I am jumping a bit forward because I know this post is getting long.....

.....IRON/INDY/FES... A lot of your top warriors are there today because of NF being so relentless. The war tactics on this server hands down are the best that I have seen or read about on the boards. IT was few and far between to read about 1-2 week gangbangs here. It is real guerrilla war on Zeta from both sides. I learned so much from you that allowed me to go fight an alliance all by myself for months on Delta. I knew not only how to attack when outnumbered but I had seen your tricks to defend. Very impressive.

This is what led me here. I was getting tired on the other server fighting so many months by myself so I found 2 other accounts and wanted to have a chance to figh with old foes. It took a bit of convincing with murdoc and a ton of convincing with Marco. I knew Zeta as we had known it was dead and this was a natural progression. I didn't know about the merge but thought if the server was going to fizzle out I should have had a chance to meet the people I fought against so hard.

and here we are. One motley crew of guys who have already had a chance to see what a stubborn arse I can really be like.

I'm looking forward to fighting after the merge...It's about damn time
    • xzelphii wrote:

I came over to Ikariam with a group of players that met playing Warbook on Facebook. We started LGN. Unfortunately I was placed on the other side of the map from our alliance. We had come over the day they opened Zeta server. I am bad with names but I remember JiggatyJ was near me and we used to chat a lot. At that time NF had just been formed and ruled the leaderboard in total score. JiggatyJ got ranked 10th and I was around 15th. We were getting into NF territory and they invited us to join. So within my first week here I became NF.

At first I didn't fight much, I was building and trading. I used to buy everything really low in the trading post and then sell for a few gold higher but before ambro it was effective. I think we were able to exchange it to another resource or something back then.

One day I got attacked and that was it I lost it and warrior xzelphi was born. Within 3 weeks I learned to fight and made that player and 5 of his friends quit the game.

NF in the old days was fun. An alliance was only allowed to declare 10 wars at a time and we had to wait in line to be able to have our General or Leader declare one for us. For over a year we had 10 wars going at a time. We were dominating all over the board. Players either quit or alliances started merging with each other to try to have more numbers for strength.

The first of these alliances that tried taking over number 1 spot by having more members was NGH. We hit them so hard and so relentless and told their leadership they either had to disband or we would go until their players quit. I think we made 30-40 players quit before NGH disbanded. In hindsight, this is one of the reasons our server became so barren.

NF leaders came and went but we still kept the same philosophy and everyone followed orders from the leadership and we had very few voting situations. We were a war alliance not a democracy. It's what kept us on top all those years.

Other alliances challenges us but then there was the real loudmouth Armenian Warrior. This was still in version 2.8. Actually just before it was switching to 3.0. AW would threaten everyone in game and on the boards but when you would accept his challenge he expected you to travel the 2 day trip across the world to his mains where obviously he had the advantage as it was hard to resupply. Back then you could also slow boat an MC so it couldn't be torn down. I rose to the challenge and even his alliance backed off and let me take him even though we were at war. It took some time and I had to delete a full town to get an MC but I crushed him and had him at 0 Gen score for over 6 months. You could kill everything back then including cooks and doctors.

Because there was no station in towns etc. I had consistently been sending occupations for their 8 hour maximums and had a minimum of 49 things going on to and from all of his towns in my troop movement screen for those 6 months. Meanwhile I was still sending units and ships to war against other people. This is where many people first saw what I can do.

Anyone who is anyone also knows I love the board banter. I pushed the envelope as much as I could to get others irate and banned. I cannot even count how many people got permanently banned from the boards because of me. If you didn't know of me in game you sure knew about me on the boards. If you didn;t then, no offense, but you you obviously weren't significant enough of a player yet on Zeta.

Now I am jumping a bit forward because I know this post is getting long.....

.....IRON/INDY/FES... A lot of your top warriors are there today because of NF being so relentless. The war tactics on this server hands down are the best that I have seen or read about on the boards. IT was few and far between to read about 1-2 week gangbangs here. It is real guerrilla war on Zeta from both sides. I learned so much from you that allowed me to go fight an alliance all by myself for months on Delta. I knew not only how to attack when outnumbered but I had seen your tricks to defend. Very impressive.

This is what led me here. I was getting tired on the other server fighting so many months by myself so I found 2 other accounts and wanted to have a chance to figh with old foes. It took a bit of convincing with murdoc and a ton of convincing with Marco. I knew Zeta as we had known it was dead and this was a natural progression. I didn't know about the merge but thought if the server was going to fizzle out I should have had a chance to meet the people I fought against so hard.

and here we are. One motley crew of guys who have already had a chance to see what a stubborn arse I can really be like.

I'm looking forward to fighting after the merge...It's about damn time

Which alliance you belonged to in warbook? When did you move here? i was in woes, if you heard of it.

My last alliance before the game was shutdown was {GOW}

The post was edited 1 time, last by Atlantisreborn ().

• I wrote than deleted my message several times. Will be short. Started playing in February 2010. This is only server I ever played so really feeling like this was my home. Meet many great people in process but what is most important all who I care about are still with me in UAZ and we will bring our mark to Alpha. I am proud to play with Zetas best in UAZ and hopping to see us together accomplishing great things in new server. This is just beginning of new chapter in our ika lives and I can't wait it to happen.

It was great being part of this server for so long but now is time for change :)
    • Zeta has always been my primary server.

Came here a noob back in '08 (possibly earlier), joined an academy alliance with my first trainer, Apack, and eventually joined ZSR. That was about two months before we lost to NF and reformed as Zeta. Phenix was reborn as Darth Lando, and my favorite times on Zeta began. Times were hard, frustrating, and fun. I became spymaster, pulling down intel on targets, making maps, and planning, all the things that Zeus, NyC, and AW were too much of hotheads to do. Being a lover not a fighter, (and not having the RL time others did), i eventually became Diplo. I always enjoyed diplo, but Unlike XZ, HATED the chat boards. Did a day ever go by that AW, NYC, or Zeus did not stick their mouth where it didnt belong, reacting to some NF trolling? Or worse, trolling themselves, like AW loved to do!

EventuallyJEDI died, a result of a pileup of NF, LCN, and possibly MOB. I went into extended sleep, and went inactive for some time.

I came back to find a REALLY dead JEDI. BoB, our "ally", (who never seemed to help JEDI) was a brief stop, but bored me as well. I eventually found frinds and a spark of the old days in 1ZR. Cisco had a charisma that reminded me of the good qualities of Zeus, and inspired me to get back into the game full Speed. I learned to war part time, and upgraded to all the new styles of war. (Still miss the old battle style tho). Cisco eventually retired, but 1ZR and our closeness lived on. We would war to stay sharp, and stay interested.

Eventually even 1ZR came to an end, but brought us together with old friends and enemies into UAZ. We go now to a new server, with new friends, with hopes to again live in more interesting times here on ikariam. Will it be close to the old days? Who knows...

But at least we weill be there amongst friends who remember the highs and lows of Zeta.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Phenix_2099 ().

• Leaving Zeta

Grabbie wrote:

Ah Alex, nice of you to post this.
      For me Zeta has been a life well lived. I was born here, became a toddler, youth, juvenile, adult and nearly retired here lol.

As you say, good and bad memories.

We will leave Zeta, but in the immortal words of 'Led Zeppelin', "The song remains the same"

Grabbie wrote:

THE SONG REMAINS THE SAME !!
      Thanks a lot my friend :)
      i feel the same and thats why i made it.

Lets remember some old friends and moments as well...

Battle for Loutraki

(22.12.2011 2:13:47)

Theo from
      Tsakoi, Aridaia, simonkwint from Tsakoi, ALEX THE GREEK from Tsakoi, GTech from
      Tsakoi
      vs...
      and something older...
      chillipepper
      from , That_OneGuy from , Grabbie from , ghislain from , greatdestroyer2 from ,
      Shaggy from , redx_789 from , theopapa07 from , Arnie from , Hot Chix from ,
      drmona from , Mr Buzz from , Trevly from , shadow from , ETBass from , numide
      from , simonkwint from, Vancigulije from
      vs....
      and with my old friend Simon
      simonkwint
      from Ait, ALEX THE GREEK from Laut
      vs
      Hassan Gilani from Wiper

and from MOB Alliance

Battle for Mustang GT 500
      [b][font='&quot'](02.12.2012 23:51:45)[/font]

Ruleroftheworld from Graeme
      [font='&quot']vs[/font]
      God of War from
      Mustang GT500, Lotus Eterne, ALEX the greek from s AIGES s, s VERGINA s, Homer
      from Magic, Vancigulije from Windsor

[/b]Winners: ALEX the greek, Vancigulije

Just to remember some of our old friends and fighters !!

The post was edited 3 times, last by alexander the Greek ().

• Goodbye Zeta

Goodbye zeta & all those going to Beta. Thanks for all fun moments and wars we made,making plenty of friends. Lets go forward now to a brand new start on Alpha & many more fun times ahead.