Penalty free building upgrade cancellation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Penalty free building upgrade cancellation

When playing on the mobile apps (at least on the iPad version) it is quite easy to mistakenly press the upgrade button. I have had this issue changing towns while on the Trading Port window. The Town's drop down menu and the Upgrade buttons are basically in the same position, and any delay in displaying the town list results in an unwanted upgrade. The penalty for cancelling an upgrade are quite steep once the building you're upgrading has reached certain level.

I haven't played much in the iPhone app and never in the Androids apps, so I cannot say if the same problems arise there.

My suggestion is to introduce a brief period - 30 to 60 seconds - for penalty free building upgrade cancellations. Thus, purely accidental upgrades won't cost a lot as it happens now. Once the period elapses, the current penalties apply.

This change could level the playing experience between the browser version, where such mistakes are rarer, and the iPad app, at least.

I'm sure the GameForge coders will be able to introduce this idea quite easily. The change shouldn't affect game-play, nor benefit one set of players against others.
  • The mobile app sucks so I see the point and I agree that it would be nice. Only problem keeping me from giving a yes vote at the moment is someone about to be pillaged could start a GR upgradr, have no lootables, and them cancel the upgrade when the enemy heads home.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • I agree with the above point and am giving a no vote because of that and the 30-60 second period would be suggestive. Honestly if it were 10 seconds or less, I might not care but still it's kinda bush that it'd be available to avoid resources being taken

Sig by June 8)
  • Hopla wrote:

Once a suggestion is approved, it gets 90 days to be discussed. If your idea is very well received by the Ikariam community and players feels it is merited, then it will be moved to the Reported Suggestions forum. For a suggestion to get into the Reported section, the suggestion must receive more than 80% upvotes, minimum 12 out of 15 votes, after 90 days of being active.

[jake]This suggestion has been open for over 90 days, and hasn't received the required feedback to be moved up to the Reported Suggestion forum. Thank you all for voting. Thread closed! :)[/jake]