Cheaper alliance garrison-right with alliances you have peace-treaties with

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Cheaper alliance garrison-right with alliances you have peace-treaties with

General Information:

I am suggesting that alliances your alliance has peace-treaties with It will make cooperation in wartime easier as garrison right will not be as costly.

Suggestion Reason:

I am suggesting this to make cooperating between alliances easier in war-time. Right now it costs 14 alliance-diplopoints to get alliance-GR in towns. I suggest lowering this to 5 alliance-diplopoints between the alliances your alliance has peace-treaties with. That will make fighting together a lot easier, as one can get Garrison rights in more towns to fight together in battles.

As it is now, cooperation in war-time will either cost a lot of diplopoints from leader, or everyone needs to pull together to make so that some people defends, and others station, making waving harder and it is easy to make mistakes.

It was also pointed out to me what happens if the peace-treaty is broken. Then it will have to also breach the alliance-GR, and it will be have to made a new with the original cost.

Currently it costs 14 diplopoints for alliance GR, how about lowering it to 9 for the alliances you have peace-treaty with. That makes it a bit cheaper, but not as cheap as my original suggestion.
  • This idea would make a lot of sense BUT people can profit in a bad way with this.

Let's say Ally A doesn't have a peace treaty with Ally B. They're completely neutral to each other. Ally A has war with Ally C and since Ally A doesn't sign peace treaties with anyone he cannot benefit from any cheap garrison right, hence they decide to just sign a peace treaty with Ally C (that's in the Ally A's zone), then sign a very cheap garrison right and Ally A can benefit a lot from this !
    That way, everyone will just sign peace treaties first, then a garrison right. The conclusion: you don't have to have any correlation with any alliance to just sign a peace treaty first, then a cheap garrison right. Even if A.A and A.B are NOT correlated at ALL with each other, they will sign a peace treaty to get a cheaper G.R.. Now the sense of this idea is not so good, isn't it ? There won't be 14 alliance DP anymore since everyone will sign peace treaties first, right ?
    If you come with a solution for this problem I won't vote NO.
  • While peace treaty hasn't more sense than only additional checking-list in diplomacy - this could be abused in the wars.

This would work only like easy diplomacy points decreaser - can't see valid reason for implementing this, sorry.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein

The post was edited 2 times, last by Draxo ().

• When it need 12 diplomacy point still i see alliance witn 2-3 garrison rights in other alliance which already makes it too hard to find the enemy ... NO... i don't want to increase my own tension .
  • Honestly don't know why you're decreasing the cost by almost 2/3 but, overall I don't have anything against the rest of the idea. If anything, half is the most it should be decreased unless you can attempt to justify it, which you most likely cannot. Anyways, still a yes from me

Sig by June 8)

The post was edited 1 time, last by bamcbix ().

• 5 was just a number. And making it harder to break a peace-treaty and perhaps having it implemented a week before the lowered cost, that would make it harder to misuse.

Or one could keep the cost of 14, but have it valid in more than one town (for instance GR with the player, in several towns, not just the one you asked for, but then again, that will make it cheaper than the 5 points in the original suggestion)
  • Mea1 wrote:

Or one could keep the cost of 14, but have it valid in more than one town (for instance GR with the player, in several towns, not just the one you asked for, but then again, that will make it cheaper than the 5 points in the original suggestion)

In agreement in this form only.

The price is currently too high but 5 dip points seems a tad low.
  • Oracle from Canada wrote:

Quoted from "Mea1"

In agreement in this form only.

Me too actually. A sort of 'discount' for every 2 or 3 cities with the same player.

As pointed out already, it's not that difficult to obtain a peace treaty with another alliance. It doesn't 'affect' anything ingame.. except for annoying messages received by the Diplomat when players send in attacks. And the fact that it costs nothing to obtain a peace treaty, then everyone will go for that option, and hence 'cheaper' garrison rights. It's always/too much of a win-win situation.

So... no, for me for the moment.
    ps. by the way, it costs 12 diplo points, not 14 :)
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • Hopla wrote:

Once a suggestion is approved, it gets 90 days to be discussed. If your idea is very well received by the Ikariam community and players feels it is merited, then it will be moved to the Reported Suggestions forum. For a suggestion to get into the Reported section, the suggestion must receive more than 80% upvotes, minimum 12 out of 15 votes, after 90 days of being active.

90 Days have passed and unfortunately this community (or any other community at this point in time) have not given enough votes for it to be moved into Reported Suggestions.

Thank you for your contributions. :)

Want to become an Elite Member? Ask me how..

Thank you FinJambo for my Signature

Board Rules | Support