This or That

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Depends on the severity of the hearing loss. I also understand that the Hearing Aid is mostly visible, and therefore some people behave as if they were raised in a barn. (rude/stare).

The other is a minor surgery....but honestly there is a risk involved. I suppose it depends on the person. If I had a choice I would use RIC as it has the most natural sound, or the Lyric...which is invisible. My choice is based on the fact that I am afraid of the "minor" surgery.

Hearing Aids & Cochlear Implant
      PROCAFFEINATING
      (n) The tendency not to start anything until you've had a cup of coffee
    • Overall, I'd call the CI more visible. Hearing aids can be inside the ear. And even with behind the ear they can be smaller or easily hidden behind hair. (For example, my hair is long enough that a person would really have to look to notice my hearing aids.) A CI on the other hand has a larger behind the ear part and then also a connection on the side of the head which would be really hard to get covered with hair.

I wish you had more a new this or that question. Oops, wrong thread.

gender neutral fiancé for both the man and woman
      Or
      fiancé for the man and fiancée for the woman

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
      :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
    • Loyal Friend - even better: Loyal, Rich Friend

Flight or Invisibility?

________
      A chain equals 66 feet, a fundamental unit of land measure and thus forestry.
      80 chains (66*80=5280) equals 1 mile. 10 square chains (660 x 66) equals 1 acre (43560 sq ft).

I have developed a 6 foot pace (1 pace = 2 steps), which greatly simplifies wayfinding with compass and pacing. No need to accumulate remainders.

When you've spent the day 3 or 4 miles back in the woods installing a study or collecting data and now it's time to head back to the truck, it's nice to be able to count simple numbers and come out within 100 feet of where you need to be.
    • that is actually a really tough question. As a vampire I would never see the sun again.....as a werewolf I would endure agony every month ..both suffer in their own ways.

I like being an ordinary human....but if I had to choose, I guess werewolf.

freckles or no freckles?
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • Depends. Which makes you feel more confident and relaxed.....which then transfers to feeling good about how you look....

My rule of thumb...I don't like it when the guy's hair is longer than mine.

Cheetos or Doritos?
      PROCAFFEINATING
    • Those are horrible choices!

Narcolepsy.....people with insomnia can suffer some very harsh mental, emotional and physical consequences.

hot dogs or hamburgers?
      PROCAFFEINATING