Allow us to determine how much of a resource we want to determine the number of workers in a mill/mine

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Allow us to determine how much of a resource we want to determine the number of workers in a mill/mine

General Information:

I am suggesting a secondary way to determine the number of workers in a mine/mill.

What are you suggesting? Currently we can choose the exact number of workers to employ in a mill or mine. What I am suggesting is that we have the option to put in the desired resource output and that mill/mine would then show the number of workers needed to employed for that output. For example in a town with a 10% boost to production you could either select 90 workers and then it would have an output of 99 or you could select an output of 99 and it would assign 90 workers.
    How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system? It will make it easier for people with resource boosters to select their output without having to do a bit of guess and check.

Suggestion Reason: Why are you suggesting this? What will it solve/make easier? Think carefully about this one, most suggestions will get heavy critical feedback. Make sure you give a detailed reason and your suggestion solves the issue that you think there is.

If you have resource boosters and are preparing for war, you generally want to maintain an output that won't put you over safe levels of resources. As such you often choose how many resource per hour you want rather than how many workers you could spare.

Render/Image/Screenshot:

Do you have a picture/render/screenshot of what it might look like? A visual aide always helps an idea come to life.

Special Notes:

Anything else you want to add.

If you need clarification on what I'm saying, please ask.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • If I understood your suggestion right - the same you can done with slider in mines, can't you? Actually right now I can't see reason for implementing this. :(
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo, you can get to the desired production with the slider overall, but it takes a little bit of time to find the exact number of workers. Just as you could use the slider to get to the desired number of workers, but it's quicker to enter a concrete number.

Hera, it doesn't replicate the builder's overview. The builders overview shows how many Resource/Hour you produce overall in every town. This is so that you could, in the mill/mine screen, choose the number of resources to produce, and then it assigns the number of workers needed to produce that amount. So it's like the current system where you assign a number of workers and then it tells you how many resources that will be produced, but in reverse.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • If the reason of your suggestion is the concern of having unprotected resources when you are away, wouldn't it be better to have a feature that you include the maximum amount of a resource that you want and when the desired amount is reached, the town people stop working? Just a thought. :)

My signature is a precious gift from Atina :love:
  • If you have resource boosters and are preparing for war, you generally want to maintain an output that won't put you over safe levels of resources. As such you often choose how many resource per hour you want rather than how many workers you could spare.
    Actually never, at least for me. I just move slider and change it, plain and simple.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

(c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

Actually never, at least for me. I just move slider and change it, plain and simple.

bamcbix wrote:

I'm not a fan of this.. Surprise, surprise... If you can already do it manually and boo hoo, you can't get the exact number of people and resources/hr on he first try... Try, try again.
    The point isn't that it can already be done with the existing mechanism. The point is that it could be made made less inconvenient for the player, especially for those on mobile who do not have such fine control over the sliders.
  • Also right now you can just put the number of workers as well as moving sliders.

(c) Albert Einstein
  • The slider is completely irrelevant since you can just type in the amount of workers you would like. Logically, you'd run into the same issue if this was implemented because its a slide and its hard for mobile users... Oh wait, you can type it in most likely that way as well... Overcomplicated for no real results. Zer0

Sig by June 8)
  • Hopla wrote:

Once a suggestion is approved, it gets 90 days to be discussed. If your idea is very well received by the Ikariam community and players feels it is merited, then it will be moved to the Reported Suggestions forum. For a suggestion to get into the Reported section, the suggestion must receive more than 80% upvotes, minimum 12 out of 15 votes, after 90 days of being active.

90 Days have passed and unfortunately this community (or any other community at this point in time) have not given enough votes for it to be moved into Reported Suggestions.

Thank you for your contributions. :)

Want to become an Elite Member? Ask me how..

Thank you FinJambo for my Signature

Board Rules | Support