Show To-Be Owner of Polis Under Construction

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Show To-Be Owner of Polis Under Construction

General Information:

What are you suggesting?
    How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system?

I am suggesting that when there is a colony underway to being founded, one can click on it and receive the same info as clicking on another player's city. (Name, TS, MS, ect.)

Suggestion Reason:

Why are you suggesting this? What will it solve/make easier? Think carefully about this one, most suggestions will get heavy critical feedback. Make sure you give a detailed reason and your suggestion solves the issue that you think there is.

I am suggesting this as oftentimes one finds a colony being founded nearby and it's important to know if the city could be from a raider, a pillager, or just someone wanting to settle a space that happens to be nearby.

Render/Image/Screenshot:

Do you have a picture/render/screenshot of what it might look like? A visual aide always helps an idea come to life.

Special Notes:

Anything else you want to add.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • It is possible to see who is building by inspecting element and searching for it. I agree it might make things easier, but it will also make it harder for pirates.
  • Mea1 wrote:

It is possible to see who is building by inspecting element and searching for it. I agree it might make things easier, but it will also make it harder for pirates.
    Now that you said it here on the boards, everyone will be able to read it so now I really don't see any difference between introducing that suggestion to make things easier and inspecting the Source of the page. Not everyone knew about that but now that everyone will know if they see this thread so wouldn't it be more comfortable to just introduce that ? :)

The post was edited 2 times, last by BUGATTI ().

• It's part of strategy - make colony secretely (or even change name before sending ships)... and since not all are able to check it in mines or page source code - let it be so. As said earlier - for pirates.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

It's part of strategy - make colony secretely (or even change name before sending ships)... and since not all are able to check it in mines or page source code - let it be so. As said earlier - for pirates.

Agree .
    Voting no...:D
    Still many people use mobile and tablets who can't check the source code so this strategy still works.
  • Draxo wrote:

It's part of strategy - make colony secretely (or even change name before sending ships)... and since not all are able to check it in mines or page source code - let it be so. As said earlier - for pirates.

Personally, if it's possible to see this information already using a legal trick (on account of two GOs mentioning it without any mention of possible bans if it was found out) then, to even the playing field, shouldn't this information be equally available?

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• No, purely aesthetics as it is very easy to find out who is creating a polis.
    SIGMA

Proud Co-Founder and Leader of BANE :thumbsup:

PI

Proud Fighter of BANE

“If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.”

―Niccolò Machiavelli The Prince
  • General, please list the ways and then list how many GF actually does when you're looking at a polis on another island. Your argument is akin to back when there was no ingame CR converter and saying that a board tool made an ingame CR converter merely aesthetic.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• Personally, if it's possible to see this information already using a legal trick (on account of two GOs mentioning it without any mention of possible bans if it was found out) then, to even the playing field, shouldn't this information be equally available?
    Not really - as many things / tricks / strategies (call as you wish) in this game are available and usable only for smart and thinking players who do discover them by time and not for noobs (without any wish to insult someone).
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

(c) Albert Einstein
  • If it were a trick akin to knowing battle tactics or how to build one's empire, I would agree that people should have to take time to learn it. But for something that not's really an Ikariam trick but rather a coding trick, I disagree.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• Kaleg checking the source code and finding the level 0 town owner is not the only way .

There is one more way and i.e. if you have the town on the island than click on the mine/mills on the island view and there you can see the owner name.

So it is not limited to checking the sources code.

If anyone is coming on neighbour island and you want to know his name than plant a mobile and click on forest and check the owner name.

I hope you know this already.
  • That I do know already, but with another island I do ask you: How often does one have an available mobile? And as the source code is a legal method, why not just make the info public even without checking the source code?

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• I don't know about others but i and my alliance members always keep atleast one mobile towns.
    And today you get the owner name .
    Tomorrow someone can ask to put a count down timer instead of the word 'under construction' because we can calculate the aproax time of travel.
    Or someone may suggest that town to be considered as normal town so that they can spy/ block that town like the normal town.

The post was edited 1 time, last by don ().

• Does any not own island have any legal connection to you that you should legally see who is building there before it's already done?

(c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

Does any not own island have any legal connection to you that you should legally see who is building there before it's already done?

Agree .
    Just like we can't see any block/occupation if we don't have any legal connection to the island.
  • One difference between occupations on a different island and a new polis however is that there's no coding trick to seeing the occupation.

As for the legality of seeing a new polis, I have a question for your argument: So it's OKAY to see who's building a new city by taking a look at the code when Ikariam doesn't publicize that info, but it wouldn't be okay to have that info readily accessible without having to look at the code? If you're going to take that argument, wouldn't you be forced to advocate a change wherein the code could no longer be viewed?

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• So, you're against that some things in the game should require more work and knowledge than just click on town name?

(c) Albert Einstein

The post was edited 1 time, last by Draxo ().