Premium Military screen

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

  • Premium Military screen

    General Information:

    What are you suggesting?
    Can a feature be added to the Premium Military list to show units / ships being built in individual towns, similar to the facility in the Premium Building list.
    How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system?

    Suggestion Reason:
    When building army / fleet it will make it simpler to keep track of what is being built in each town.
    A one stop move instead of going to each individual town.

    Why are you suggesting this? What will it solve/make easier? Think carefully about this one, most suggestions will get heavy critical feedback. Make sure you give a detailed reason and your suggestion solves the issue that you think there is.

    Render/Image/Screenshot:

    Do you have a picture/render/screenshot of what it might look like? A visual aide always helps an idea come to life.

    Special Notes:

    Anything else you want to add.

    30308
  • I can't give a picture as I am not upgrading a building at the moment, but it is easy to implement..in the premium building list when a building is being upgraded / built for each town it shows the time of build instead of the level.
    I suggest in the premium military list when units are being built, instead of the amount of units for each town it shows the time of build.
    It will not take space just change from number of units to time.
    I assume you do have Premium account.
  • redragonlady wrote:

    General Information:

    What are you suggesting?
    Can a feature be added to the Premium Military list to show units / ships being built in individual towns, similar to the facility in the Premium Building list.

    redragonlady wrote:

    I can't give a picture as I am not upgrading a building at the moment, but it is easy to implement..in the premium building list when a building is being upgraded / built for each town it shows the time of build instead of the level.
    I suggest in the premium military list when units are being built, instead of the amount of units for each town it shows the time of build.
    It will not take space just change from number of units to time.
    Wait a sec, I don't get it now... In the first post you suggest that the list shows the units / ships being built (i.e. their number, 3416 hops, 1841 swords etc.) in each individual city and in the second post you suggest to NOT show the units, but to show the time needed for completing the build... Mate, you're contradicting yourself right now.
  • Do you have Premium Feature????
    If so, look at buildings list when you are building something....the level of the building changes from level to time...hence you see at a glance which town has building going on.
    I suggest the same sort of thing be implemented for the military list...it seems simple to me....look at the unit list to see at a glance which towns have units being built instead of going to each individual town's barracks & ship yard.

    If you do NOT have premium Feature then you will not understand.
  • redragonlady wrote:

    Do you have Premium Feature????
    If so, look at buildings list when you are building something....the level of the building changes from level to time...hence you see at a glance which town has building going on.
    I suggest the same sort of thing be implemented for the military list...it seems simple to me....look at the unit list to see at a glance which towns have units being built instead of going to each individual town's barracks & ship yard.

    If you do NOT have premium Feature then you will not understand.
    I don't use premium because I don't think it's worth 10 ambro / week. (But I've used it, I saw what's about, don't worry) I'm using other features like the 20 % things and converting goods but the premium doesn't worth in my opinion, at least I can get along without a premium account extremely well, I've never felt the need of one, but maybe when I was upgrading the AOs and CWs constantly...
    If they decide to make the premium account better I would re-think of activating it. Your suggestion makes it better indeed but I'd still not activate it... I don't make army / fleet multiple times a day, or a week for that matter... I'll vote 'yes' anyways..

    The post was edited 2 times, last by CAIMANUL- ().

  • Even if you don't have Premium Plus you can see some sample just by clicking on that cross below each advisor.

    E.g., military advisor's "demo" looks like this: board.en.ikariam.gameforge.com…e46a4acbfdb0c006bdb4424db

    Question: do you want to see only lists which are in progress or also those in the queue? Which time should be displayed there?

    I'm voting yes for this idea, just need to think about - where and how to implement it.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • I'm voting no because you don't seem to want to put forward the way it'll be done, the information it will actually show ect. You're kinda just jumping around and being indirect with what you want. How could anyone know what you wanted?

    Sig by June 8)
  • I have no idea how it could be done...I do not write computer games or programmes, do you???...That is why my suggestion was framed as a question...

    If I am building Hops & ram ships in town A, C & D....swordsmen & fire ships in towns B & E & nothing in towns F & G..instead of clicking on each town barracks & ship yard to remind myself of what is being built where...I would like to be able to look at the Premium Military List & see which towns, if any, are building units...in the same way as I can see which towns are in the process of building in the Premium Building list.

    I cannot explain it any clearer.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by redragonlady ().

  • Modification to existing Premium feature, Military Screen

    Hello All,

    I will be voting for this idea as I think it could make building armies alot easier (those that buy them from Black Markets wont need this of course ;)).
    This url points to a screencast post of what I think Redragonlady has in mind. The indicators of course could have more obvious colours, maybe a countdown to completion and maybe a total of general score when they are created.

    screencast.com/t/LzbsE7Jjb

    Please discuss.
    Best regards,
    WhiskeyJack
  • Hail All,

    Ok. I not be able to add a URL so hopefully this hosted image will Illustrate what I think Redragonlady is suggesting.

    Basically, in the Premium Military screen, an indicator shows how many units are being built in a particular town.
    The indicator could have just the number of units, maybe a countdown until they are finished and maybe the number of generals they will add to your Overall Points.

    Please discuss.



    Best regards,
    WhiskeyJack
  • Quoting myself:

    Draxo wrote:

    Question: do you want to see only lists which are in progress or also those in the queue? Which time should be displayed there?
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • You can't explain yourself clearer? Well I can't justify giving you a yes for your open ended suggestion. You aren't suggesting anything if you can't suggest something specific. Have I created video games? Yes, your question is not worth answering, but I'll entertain it. A follow up question would be simple - does that mean you cannot provide some substance to your suggestion? No, you can quite simply, you either are avoiding it because you're drastically confused for so e strange reason, or you cannot think of a proper way to get it done with your words.. either way, I can't vote positively.

    Sig by June 8)
  • Draxo wrote:

    Quoting myself:

    Draxo wrote:

    Question: do you want to see only lists which are in progress or also those in the queue? Which time should be displayed there?
    As units & ships are rarely cancelled from a building queue, I would
    like to see complete lists that are in progress in each town including those in the
    queue together with the total time of completion.
  • A great idea. It would cut out some unnecessary clicks and make gameplay just that little bit smoother..

    These are exactly the sort of incremental interface improvements that we should be looking for and suggesting.