Forum Suggestions

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Forum Suggestions

Hi. I've got a few suggestion for the Forums,
    that I've seen on the Finnish boards. I've really missed these features!
    I've really missed these features! :)

So the first one is the ability to set your IGN and Alliances names on your account for everyone to see.
    I took a couple screenshots:
    Display Spoiler

This is what it looks like on my account page.

Display Spoiler

This is what it loooks like on actual posts.

Display Spoiler

This is what it looks like when I edit it.

There used to be a slot for every server, but that has now been changed to have slots for different usernames, since we lost all but one server due to merges...

The Second thing I miss from the Finnish boards, is the ability to change the boards theme.

Display Spoiler

This is what it looks like when you change the style

Display Spoiler

This is what the page looks like after setting it to the gameforge style.

This second one is nice to have, since it makes the forum readable even around less geeky friends
    and at work. It doesn't look amazing I admit it, but it sure looks more convincing at work and doesn't
    make me have to explain myself in every and all situations...

The post was edited 1 time, last by grotnot ().

• The second one you can already do. Go to edit profile > settings > display settings... honestly I think it's ugly as hell, but I don't like the default one either.

the first one is rather pointless.

Sig by June 8)

The post was edited 1 time, last by bamcbix ().

• Ally name - do we really need it? Then we should ask for nickname as well... and in the end it would be just too large info near the profile.
    Board style - as already said, you can do it in the settings (it's very ugly but I know some people who use it because of faster loading, well...).
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

Ally name - do we really need it? Then we should ask for nickname as well... and in the end it would be just too large info near the profile.

See I really enjoyed having it, and there seems to be a market for this, since everyone puts this information into their signature.
    And it taking too much space is the craziest thing I've heard in a while... If you look at my 2nd picture, you can see just how much space it takes.
    It's literally just

Boreas: grotnot [FoM]

It doesn't show the empty slots either, so it doesn't look too messy imo.
  • look at my signature :D I put my accounts in it... or used to... I only on Delta now... Used to be Kappa ;(

Saying that quite a lot of people have a signature in their posts and you get that additional space beneath your avatar which is just empty because the persons post is big or because they have got a signature... like if you look at grotnot's post before me you will see that his post takes up the space of his avatar plus a bit extra (Depending on how you are looking at the forum) Then his sig is beneath the post leaving a big blank space to the left of it...

+ its not really taking up space...
  • If this will be implemented... can we have just one field for all servers and one field for all alliances? I can bet there would be people who play in 5 or more servers and always see this whole list if they are active in the board... no!
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

(c) Albert Einstein
  • You don't have to put any of your accounts if you don't want to.
    Just like you don't have to give gameforge your skype, except that this information is relevant!
    It'd be nice to notice that some players you discuss with on the forums play on the same server.
    Just to give you an example.
    The alliances aren't really that important, also the word server is also unnecessary...

alpha: Draxo [GO]

Basically there'd be the possibility of people adding the abbreviation if they really want to
  • Well, sorry for misunderstanding - basically I was talking about viewing the board when other users will put all their servers and nicknames, each in separate line (like in Mogwai@ example). :)

If they all is in one line (like Alpha - PeterPen, Beta - Cinderella), ok.

(c) Albert Einstein
  • hmm...
    If someone had it like Mogwai has in his example, then
    we'd just have to suffer for their giant list.
    If they actually play on every single server and are active on the board,
    then good for them. Let them have their fun!
    I doubt it would be a real problem though...
  • Every now and then on .com you get that guy who lists every server because they think they're cool. (They're not.) But it isn't a widespread problem at all. I think I've only see 2/3 profiles like that out of the multitude of accounts.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • Really? Did you take in the account also the avatar (since yours isn't "normal" size)? :)

(c) Albert Einstein
  • Thanks so much for implementing!
    If you'd quickly change the Ares one to Charon, since
    Ares seems to be closed and Charon opened,
    that would be lovely!

Thank you one more time!
    Makes my experience that much better!
  • Demeter Server not showing on player profile??

So you know when you post on the left is a little player profile with avatar and name etc....Well there is a small it underneath that you can put your servers and IGN however my demeter server isnt showing? It just shows my Askepolis server and alliance?? Not sure if i should put this in bug section or not??

EDIT - Moved from H&Q section to this thread in Board Discussion - Hera

Sig and Avatar by HONDA 775 :thumbup: