Chain Story

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• The Governor was a stout and portly fellow whose turquoise toga did not quite fit in all the necessary areas as he waddled towards the house with a squadron of servants following his every move. Katharine stepped outside to greet him and said, "My dear Themistas, how good it is to see you. Why don't I have the cook bring the scones outside so we may enjoy the warm weather we have been graced with today."
    At the mention of scones the governor's stomach gurgled as whist he walked with Katharine to a nearby bench. His clumsy steps and her graceful stride made Katharine privately think of the little man like a duckling following its mother. How such an imbecile had ever become the governor was beyond her comprehension but she made sure to keep the resentment hidden behind the smile she had practiced for so long. When he began to speak she feigned a friendly look whilst clenching a hand hidden beneath her flowing train.
    "It's delightful out here, Kat, but I do insist on seeing your lovely home after our tete-a-tete." said Themistas.
    "Oh I'd be delighted to show you the house but I'm afraid I made a mess of things and I would be heartbroken to give you anything less than the best. If Alfred, my butler, cleans it all up before we're done it shall be no problem." How dare he demean her to Kat. Did he not realize the will it had taken for Katharine to escape the sinkhole of poverty and pierce the shields of wealth to get where she was now?
    "Well I sincerely hope Alfred makes quick work of things then. Now my secretary wasn't all too clear about what you requested but it sounded like you were interested in acquiring a coat of arms?"

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • Display Spoiler
    To keep the governor away from Alfred and his unfortunate task, she decided to take the governor down to the vines where they would enjoy a goblet or two of wine under the moon light. KNOCK, KNOCK at the door, she picks up the decanter and two cups and answers the door. The govenor is a charming fellow called Artistotle, named after the great philosopher, he was a kind old man with a great bushy white beard, he had the charm of a thousand men and the brains of a few more than that.
    Katharine says "Ari, it's great to see, shall we go down to the vine yards and watch the stars. I can tell you about my new astronomy theory, I was thinking that perhaps the gods isn't make the universe in perfect circles"
    Ari replies "Splendid idea dear, you must tell me about this theory of yours"
    They walked down to the vines.

You pipped me to the point. I'll write another in a little bit after breakfast.

The post was edited 1 time, last by King Eddie ().

• im sorry but the ancient Greeks had no coats of arms. Also, can we start a new thread where we start on paragraphs, we can follow the same story to this point, it's just I think we need to have a greater understanding of the earlier characters mentioned.
  • Fair enough. Basically the idea there is for to be requesting official power. How's this?

Kaleg Nar wrote:

Now my secretary wasn't all too clear about what you requested but it sounded like you were interested in an amendment to our voting laws?"

And I have no problem creating a thread for us to understand the characters and story better. (We've definitely had some twists. [You making Katharine a killer was most definitely one of those. ^^])

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• This was the moment Katharine had been waiting for. Her mind blocked out the sound of the children and the feel of the breeze. All she could perceive were the words of Themistas, both spoken and unspoken, and her plans. When he twitched his nose, she noted the uncertainty. When his brow furrowed, she noted his apprehension. And when nodded his head, she replied to his request for clarification.
    "Ah, I see your secretary failed to explain the matter in its entirety, though I suppose it did the job of setting this meeting, good Themistas." said Katharine. Employing every tactic she knew, she asserted her intelligence and conveying a stately manner. "I merely would like to propose a change to better the voice of the people in The Assembly."
    Themistas' eyebrows rose in confusion and he asked, "And what would this proposal be?"
    "Suffrage." replied Katharine without flinching, "When the women of Umraksha can vote on the matters concerning this city I am most certain we will all be better for it."
    Themistas cracked open his mouth with the look of one to whom the majesty of the world had been revealed, but then shot wide agape with a hideous laughter. "Oh my dear Kat," he chortled, "wherever did you come up with such a preposterous notion?"
    There it was again. Kat. But none the matter for she had prepared herself for this and her expression did not waver whilst the fool giggled to his heart's content.
    "And what is so preposterous about such a logical course of action, governor?"
    "That women could ever come up with even an ounce of coherence in their entire life." He was thumping his hands against his knees.
    Katharine realized that she needed to act at that point lest the matter be thrown away as the fantasies a silly girl. Drawing upon years of poverty and the many times she had been required to fend off a drunken suitor her hand shot out to the governor's neck and she drew his face so that their noses touched and his eyes looked upon her in shock. "And if I cannot come up with an ounce then you can't come up with a cup." Rage flowed into her face as she continued. "For the past years it has been me keeping watch over the financing of this estate. My Kytlan is not a fool but he recognizes he is better with my judgment just as I am better with his. For every idea that he brought to The Assembly of his own was one of mine and for one have become exasperated by the misogynistic principles that have kept my voice silenced while he risks his life for the good of Umraksha." The governor was on the verge of passing out but still she continued. "If you continue to ignore the voice behind the man then it only yourself that you stab in the back."
    Seeking to impress her lesson upon Themistas to the best of her ability she sought out a nearby maid and quipped, "Mayasra, please show the governor to his carriage. I cannot fathom what happened but his nerves seem to be shot and I fear for his health."
    The breeze flowed from the hills and her crimson dress flowed behind her as she returned to her abode.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• Alfred quickly tended to his lady and served her a goblet of wine. Katharine took the tarnished goblet and guzzled the crimson brew with a passion. She knew the rage Themistas had witnessed had always been with her, and served her well during her days of poverty, but to let herself be controlled by that primal rage once more shook her to her core. If Kytlan had been there, his calming presence would've aided her against the black beast that lurked in her heart. Many times had she humored herself with the idea that Hercules' eighth labor should've been to hold against her temper, not that the hero would've stood a chance. Taking time to let the crimson wine soothe her nerves, she went back to the nursery and gazed upon her unnamed son's peaceful dreaming.

Waves slashed against the oaken sides of The Blade whilst the oarsmen cut into the sea as they dragged the ship along the seas in the tempest. Creaking and groaning, The Blade plunged through the icy waters and away from flashing bolts of lightning. On board, Zakados laughed at the gales and took pleasure in watching the laboring crew struggle to keep afloat; truly Poseidon was not pleased with his master's latest theft. Basking in the spray as The Blade severed the crest of an oncoming wave, Zakados let out a cry of exultation before turning back to the cabin.
    Inside the oil-lit cabin Zakados traded in his outer coat for an embossed mantle of silk as he headed towards his master's cabin and opened the door.
    "Who enters?" asked a voice. Inside the gloomy cabin was a fine carpet leading to a jeweled chair, shrouded in shadows. Only one lamp was lit.
    "I, Zakados, your admiral, request an audience with your most exalted majesty, King Don."

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• A blackness swelled in the shadows as Don unfolded himself and rose from the jeweled chair. The flickering lamp's light danced upon the crimson rubies for a moment and died down. Stepping forth with deliberation, Don neared Zakados and said, "Your request is granted, Zakados. What is it?"
    "Your majesty," said Zakados as he bowed, "I would like to report that we are making good on our route, but the storms are getting rough. I would be most gracious for your assistance in dealing with Poseidon's temper tantrum."
    "So be it." said Don as he marched into the hallway.
    The crew of The Blade snapped to attention as Don came on deck. His towering form and scarred face were well known to each and every sailor on ship. With his cloak, black as the starless night, billowing behind him in the gales and lightning of the storm he reached into his cloak and withdrew The Skyfall Spire. Illuminated by the lightning, its glossy black form cackled with tongues of fire as it was turned towards the sky. At Don's word it shot a torrent of fire into the tempest and dispelled Poseidon's wrath.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• The crew of The Blade ceased their rowing and gaped at the calm seas where raging waves had been just moments ago as a playful wind danced over their soaking tunics.
    "Back to the oars," barked Don, "I'd like to arrive at Roinn an Lonmhais while I'm young."

(I'd have written more, but it's late.)

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• so this is my try. i want to keep it short and simple, about 10 sentences long but. there is a big gap in the story line so this ends up to be a bit long. suggestion and editing are highly appreciated.

Display Spoiler
    There had been a storm, Kytlan thought to himself as he came to. The bump on his head was still throbbing while he tried to recollect the events he last knewn before he passed out when he banged his head on only gods know what.

After months of futile attemps against Don, Kytlan had come to the conlusion that there was no way he could beat the tyrant and that blasted magical stick of his. And so he changed his approach. Don was a king, and a king was bound to have subjects of his own, though Kytland had never seen any soul beside Don and himself on this blasted island which he had thought to be deserted at first. Kytland gathered that the people in this island must have hated their king a lot, that was if they are not as hateful as him themselves, and they, with some persuasion, would help him fight against Don.

And so, with that in mind, Kytland set out to find the king's city. He only needed to find someone who was brave enough to start a revolution to bring down this blasted king, and then the king's secret treasure would be his.

Several days passed, and finally Kytlan came upon the city, of course that is if you could call a handful of huts and thatches along the coast a city.Howerver, the sparkling, grandeur palace on the hill, looking over that wretched bunch of huts was truly a royal residence befitting a king. I should have known better, he thought to himself, that lair where he hides his treasure couldn't be house as no king would live in a cave. And now I know for sure that his people hate him. No one in his right mind would love a king who lives in luxury while his people live in rags.

As Kytland approached the city, he saw a group of island dwellers working to load a fancy-looking ships with cargos. That ships must have been royal, since no one on this island but Don the king himself would own a ship wrought with ebony and gold such as this one. In fact, the ship was so royal that Don the king himself was standing on the deck looking down at Kytlan.

The next thing he knew, he was thrown into this blasted cabin where the king’s lackies store their goods. Apparently Don the majestic mighty king himself was preparing for a long voyage which might involves sacrifices of some kind and Kytlan was a perfect candidate.

In that dark for a while, Kytland had lost his sense of time. No one would come to visit him. There was enough food in the cabin for him to live on. He had tried at first, to keep track of the days passing with the biological pattern of his body but to no avail. it seemed to him that months had passed since the last time he saw the sun, or more likely, the last time anybody on that blasted forum remembered that he existed and updated his story line.

One day, or perhaps one night, he couldn’t know for sure, but that doesn’t matter; the royal ship, without any warning, went into a royal fit of violent shaking. Kytlan knew the sign. This only meant one thing, a storm….

As Kyland sit their in the cabin, trying to ease his head bump and trying to forget that unpleasant bit of his memory, he heard a voice.
    cursed are those who spam

The post was edited 2 times, last by didier ().

• "Well looky here," said the voice and a hunched figure stepped into the flickering light of the lamp, "so this is what passes as a monster these days. Tell me, monster, do really ye have fangs for teeth like they say ye do?"
    Kytlan stared at the figure for a moment as he fumbled with his mind to find a response. It had been nearly a week since he'd last spoken to another human, rats didn't count he supposed, and the man had a strange accent. Gathering his will, he figured it was best he made a reply and said, "I wouldn't know about any fangs." and opened his mouth for the stranger's examination.
    The main let out a chortle that chilled Kytlan's spine and said, "Typical Draelik dribble. Next we Draeliks will be saying he sky is green at this rate given the taking of Kaptans like myself for fools, but I don't suppose ye'd know anything about that, being a monstrous foreigner, laddy." Pulling a piece of bread out of his rags, the stranger took a bite and continued, "Anyways, I don't suppose ye've a name, do ye?"
    We Draeliks? Kaptans like myself? thought Kytlan. The rocking of the ship was becoming ore noticeable and loose apple rumbled on the wooden planks as it rolled with the waves. Drawing himself to attention, he "Kytlan, high citizen of Umraksha and captain of the imperial navy ship, Doxa Katharine." It was a bit of an exaggeration he knew, but it would hopefully serve his purposes.
    "Umraksha? Never heard of it." said the stranger, "Never heard of much anyways. Downside of being a rower slave. I suppose should be the one to formally welcome ye to," he prepared an eyeroll, "Nisos Tou Don, or An t-Eilean de Don as the nobles would call it. Right now we're on the, because our king is so humble, Majestic Don. It's not the most practical ship, but I suppose it serves his purposes."
    "I've never heard of a slave going where he pleases on a ship, much less the parts where they keep a monster."
    The man chuckled, "I like yer sense of humor, laddy. It's one of the perks of being forced to live on the same ship for twenty years. Ye know yer way about it."
    "Do you know where we're going?"
    The rower thought for a moment before saying, "Drakon Vouno, but I'm not even sure if it exists. The king's been looking for it ever since he ascended to the throne."
    "And what's at Drakon Vouno?" inquired Kytlan.
    "Well if you believe the legends---" the man cut short and the sound of a man approaches the brig was nearing.
    Kytlan figured it was most likely the same mute that had brought Kytlan his meals for the duration of his internment so far. Hearing the door open, he feared for his visitor, but when he looked away from the door, the man was gone and his new visitor was not a food-bearing mute.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaleg Nar ().

• The man who entered wore a black mantle and carried an iron xyphos at his side. After taking a look of disgust at Kytlan he beckoned two men, each carrying a xyphos of their own, into the room. One of them took the key from a hook, opened up the cell, and forcibly grabbed Kytlan and made him march out of the room. Though the grasp of the hands pained his shoulders and his legs agonized from their sudden use, Kytlan took pleasure at seeing something else besides the gloomy cell he'd been in for a week. Unfortunately the rest of the ship was about just as gloomy beneath the decks and the sun blinded him after they climbed the steps to the top deck. He could hear waves lap against the sides of the ship and the cry of a seagull. Weird, thought Kytlan, was it not storming just moments ago? And then he realized that there was no sound from the crew. No idle chatter. No commands being barked. As his eyes adjusted to the sun he saw them, silent and in chains. Toiling at their task in grim bleakness. At the prow stood a man in a purple mantle. As they approached the man in the black mantle bowed and said, "You wished to speak with the prisoner, my king?"
    "Yes." said the man. As he turned around Kytlan recognized the evil face. Don. In his right hand he carried that blasted stick and he could see it glowing. "Hello, prisoner. Today is your lucky day for it looks like I'm not going to need any sacrifices today. I do hope you can swim." Don took the stick and flicked it.
    Kytlan felt a moment of lightness and then gasped for air as he hit the cold waters. Struggling for air he flailed his weakened limbs until he began to tread water. A sharp pain thundered into his shoulder and drove him underwater once more. Looking up he saw the oars thrashing the water as the ship prowled forwards and pushed himself away. When he surfaced again he looked towards the prow expecting to see Don in some manical laugh but didn't see the king anywhere. That's probably for the better, he thought, because this way I have a chance of doing something without him waving that stick. Taking a look around him he see naught but blue water against the sky. He knew himself to be a great swimmer, but even he couldn't stay afloat that long and as he watched the ship get closer to slipping by, he looked at the rowers in the oar bank. Pausing for a moment to consider how Katharine would kill him if she knew what he was about to do, he swam towards the oars once more. Now at the midship the oars thrashed him again and repelled him from the ship and he watched that section slip away. Now he only had the last section of the ship and swam once more, aiming for the end. As he approached oars as they churned the water he dodged their beating of the sea and grabbed one. Feeling the jolt as the rower tried to lift it out of the water he held for dear life and began to shimmy up to the oar bank, taking a breath each time the oar plunged back into the water. As he came closer to the opening the rower cursed at Kytlan and tried to shake him off until a voice said, "What ye' doin', mate? Anyone the king would throw into the water is a friend of mine."
    Kytlan felt the grasp of hands, friendlier than earlier, and gasped as he rolled into the oar bank. Looking up, a bit disoriented from his little swim, he noticed raggly red hair and recognized the man who said, "Maybe ye are a monster, laddy. No sane man would be tryin' what ye just did."

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• "Well you know what they say," Kytlan coughed, "only the starving man has courage to steal Themistas' sweets."
    "Eh?" said the rower slave.
    With a shake of his head and a forced chuckle Kytlan replied, "Sometimes I forget I'm not in Umraksha anymore. Though in all honestly, the only place I want to be right now is a hammock." With that he slunk to the floor and passed out.
    The red-haired rower patted Kytlan's cheeks for a moment and then motioned to another rower to come to him when he felt a cold hand on his shoulder. Turning around he saw a man holding a xyphos. A thousand curses to you, Hamissas, you forgot about the guard he thought.
    Lifting his lips in a feigned smile he asked, "What kin I do for ye, laddybuck?"

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• The guard raised his sword and brought the handle to bear on Hamissas' shoulder. Stifling the urge to cry, and draw attention from other guards, Hamissas turned to another rower and said, "Help me, ye fool or it's all of our heads." He then crumpled as the next blow hit its mark on his forehead, but through the daze he began to feel, the fire of courage ignited inside him and his legs blazed forth as he tackled the guard. Covering the mouth so as to stop the yelling. Though the guard squirmed and struggled, the nearby slaves, their arms barely reaching, helped hold down the guard as Hamissas pressed his hands into the guard's throat until the ordeal was over. Standing up, he looked at Kytlan, who was just waking up, pointed at him, and said to the slaves, "See laddy there, fellows? That laddybuck is one of them monsters. But he ain't got no fangs, I looked. And it's that laddy who's gonna get us out of here. I've got a plan."

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote: