Chain Story

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Chain Story

Let's start a silly chain story.

Rules:
    - Write one sentence or phrase continuation of the story that somehow correlates to the post above you
    - Please don't end it with "then he died" or "the end". Let's keep it going
    - Keep the story clean - no dirty words or scenes
    - You can add new characters/setting

I start:

Once upon a time, in a desolate island, arrived a Greek navigator named Kytlan, in his first expedition, he was trying to colonize the whole island.
    :stick:
    ------------
    I'm good in math, advance algebra, trigonometry, geometry, statistics, research, physics

8-)

The post was edited 1 time, last by Poochat ().

• But kytlan had no idea that don was the invincible king of that sea and that island was his treasure island, where he used to hide his looted gold and he didn't like the new people on that island .
  • Having no idea about the mighty scepter, Kytlan pursued his mission and began colonizing the island little by little.
    ------------
    I'm good in math, advance algebra, trigonometry, geometry, statistics, research, physics

8-)

• Back at home in the city of Umraksha, Kytlan's son was cradled by his mother, who sang a soothing lullaby to ease the pains of colic.

(NOTE: I personally think we should do paragraphs as opposed to sentences. It would allow the story to move at a quicker pace in addition to creating a more cohesive flow. [Instead of a different viewpoint every sentence, it would be a different viewpoint after each section.])

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • With that solemn though weighing on her mind, she looked out the window into the vast distance as single tear dripped down her face and fell to waves of her glossy black hair.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• Wait, what? A beeping oven for scones? Da heck? I was thinking an ancient setting. :P

With tender love she laid her son, how she wished Kytlan had agreed to a name before he left them, into his crib and made her way to the kitchen.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• Dressed in rags that should've been thrown away a few decades ago, the hermit's appearance was no more appalling than his stench and he entered the home with a thunderous belch.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

The post was edited 1 time, last by Kaleg Nar ().

• While the hermit trampled the newly laid rushes and plopped himself into an antique chair, Katharine stood at the door in shock and was utterly speechless.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• Come on, a wise old character with some character flaws adds both wisdom AND humor to a story. Stuff like this is why I personally think we should probably move to paragraphs, if we can agree on that, since then if we introduce a twist to what others were thinking we can actually explain the twist so others know why it was made and what they can do with it.

Sweating a rain of sweat from her forehead, she started in disbelief of what she had just done and quickly called over the butler to help her with the gruesome task ahead.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

• Poochat wrote:

Write one sentence or phrase continuation of the story that somehow correlates to the post above you

That's it. I didn't expect there'd be too much twists in this story.
    Make this one paragraph ( not longer than 15 sentences - is that fine ?) ^^
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still in astonishment, the butler cared to speak, "Ho.. how ?"
    Katharine simply shook her head and next thing you'll know, she was covered with tears.

Dunno what to add
    ------------

8-)

The post was edited 2 times, last by Poochat ().

• Oh goody goody. And yeah, even I didn't expect Katharine to murder the hermit. (She strikes me as a dark vengeful woman that will do anything to get what she wants. Though by "That's it" do you mean you won't be writing any more here or that you just couldn't take the one sentence lines any more?

Great, you hadn't written your sentence when I started this so now I have to get a rewrite. Don't worry though, I'll make the tears fit.

"Alfred, it's horrible. The blood will never come out of the fabric of the chair. It was a wedding gift and we'll have to get rid of it." sobbed Katharine. After a moment's pause her face became stern and she said, "Now be a good fellow and get the shovel for I shan't have his rotting corpse stink up my house, though I do suppose that would be an improvement to his current odor. The governor will be along shortly so make quick work of it."
    With a flourish of her crimson gown, Katharine exited the foyer and returned to the nursery to coddle her unnamed son to ease him into a docile sleep. Thoughts of her childhood and the struggle she'd had to claw her way up so far, in addition to meeting her beloved Kytlan flowed though the room and filled her mind with longing. Kytlan had been away for almost a year and she so desperately wished to gaze upon his innocent face once more and hear him talk about the sea as if all was right with the world. The simple take on life he had always relieved the pressure to fight off the darkness of her soul. He didn't even know the baby was born a boy and while Alfred was such a dear, the comfort of his shoulders was the medicine she so gravely required.
    She could faintly hear the shovel gouging the fertile ground as Alfred carried out his solemn task. Over that the delighted hted shrieks of children from the valley wafted up upon the soothing breeze and danced in the curtains. But most prominently was the clopping of a horse and the rattling of the carriage in tow. She'd have to take care so that the Governor didn't come across the body, but Katharine was determined to make the meeting one of success.

badidol wrote:

badidol wrote:

The post was edited 4 times, last by Kaleg Nar ().