Have multies gone too far?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Have multies gone too far?

I just want to post a picture I took today, and I'd like to hear some opinions about this:

These are all multies for one person. Only G knows who the player is, who's using them... :P
  • I suppose it'd be wise to try a report. They have more accounts than available IP Sharing treaties. (Though I will say I also frown on the lack of creativity from many people. I mean, seriously? Same name with a different number at the end?)

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • Better report it in the corresponding server than start useless thread in the board where nobody won't say nothing but "multi are bad", "game is dying of multi" or "report it to the GO".

Only GO's can see all facts and do something to avoid more than 11 accounts for a person, so let them know via Report function or ticket system.

Thank you.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Piong Piang Dong Dang Hong Hang are a plague for this game. Viet = multi (now legal 11 is a joke number for these people, I' ve seen 25-30 multis from them).

Draxo wrote:

let them know via Report function or ticket system
    Sorry for been a little rude here, but you don't need ticket system to ban such a blatant case of multi (huong1 huong2....huong15). It's like the multi player spits to your face with it....No ticket system or report is needed for that...Also no need of ticket or report for the GO of the server to check the fact that 8/ top 10 in pirate points in Boreas is VIE. You check these 8 people for more than 10 multi, sharring, interaction, violation via third party. If you don't find none of these, I bet you.

Quartz wrote:

how someone has the time for so many, I do not know.
    Answer: bot + script

Pat zi duckling
    You actually tried to pat the duckling = stupid :P
  • If you can't make elementary procedures to let know GO about server and suspicios players - I am sorry, but in such case I don't understand how you can find time for useless posting in this thread?
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

(c) Albert Einstein
  • multi's have screwed Ikariam. Why the hell they allowed up to 10 is a joke and just shows how poor decisions are ruining the game. 4 should have been the max if they allowed any at all but it has ruined piracy. They farm points and block islands around the main players towns so no one can raid them. It is no longer a competition on who is the better raider it is who has more multi's and how they avoid the fleet contactact for collecting from their feeders.
  • Since I'm in a funny mood, I decided to put another joke for everyone to laugh at.
    I feel like since it's all of this isn't wrong in the eyes of GF, we should just be trying
    to shame this behavior instead, it's all we can do!
  • grotnot wrote:

since it's all of this isn't wrong in the eyes of GF
    This is 100% not true. Non ip linked multis, +11 linked accounts, ip linked accounts that break the rules and / or T & Cs, are still not allowed and are totally wrong in the eyes of GF. Bots are also not allowed, and never were. Scripts too. So, just making a differentation between legit linked ip accounts and multis and cheaters in general must always be the case.

Pat zi duckling

The post was edited 3 times, last by vivaldi30 ().

• Well I reported both cases. The first one looks like that player had to abandon his/her multis and created new ones instead. Dropped the old ones, so he/she shouldn't be worried of breaking any rules. I came to that conclusion through the vacation modes.
    And I don't think it's honest for you to say that it "Is 100% not true", I think "Is not 100% true" would be closer. Gameforge does have your mentioned 11 multies (12 total accounts), but 11 will almost fill your friendslots. Unless you're like me and mostly play for the social aspect, you really shouldn't be playing without multies at this point. The reason why I keep moaning about this, is that it's literally killing the game. How will any new player take ikariam seriously, if they see that the 5 accounts below and above them in the highscore table are all *insert name here*X (X=ℝ)?
  • People that legitimately have linked ip accounts, usually do that for a supporting role, e.g. busting the mines, keeping some island spots in their control, keeping under control the faith of the miracles, taking the advantages from friend list, filling some ct's, and that's about all reasons! Two, three, four, how much more 11 accounts, LEGITIMATELY can only be used for support. so there is no such thing as compteting with legit linked ip accounts;you bit one, you bit all of them, cause all of them have more or less the same -usually very low ranks-points.

Pat zi duckling

The post was edited 1 time, last by vivaldi30 ().

• grotnot wrote:

How will any new player take ikariam seriously, if they see that the 5 accounts below and above them in the highscore table are all *insert name here*X (X=ℝ)?
    (Off Topic) Shouldn't that be Xℕ? I suppose people don't add the set of all real numbers nor a real number after a name in game.
  • I am brasilian and i am playing ikariam in brasilian server.

And at my server, there is an alliance called ISN that is entirely formed by players that uses bots and mults. And they are destroying the server (HADES)

And The GOs don´t do anything, no matter how many tickets we open. The main accounts are never banned. What to do?
  • I understand why multies were allowed during and after server merge.
    What I don't understand is why multies are allowed on new servers. God forbid if it's to make money :)

A question: Why can we have up to 10 multies on Charon, which is a totally new server.
    While on the Norwegian server, max number of multies is 3, based on the number of servers before merge.

The post was edited 1 time, last by mortis ().

• A question: Why can we have up to 10 multies on Charon, which is a totally new server.
    While on the Norwegian server, max number of multies is 3, based on the number of servers before merge.
    There are the same rules for all communities and all servers - including also your mentioned Norwegian community where I couldn't find a rule about 3 as max multi amount. Can you clarify it?

(c) Albert Einstein