Option "Do not show edit line"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Option "Do not show edit line"

I know this function exists and also I am sure (after talking with some others) it's also active for many users / groups here. However I still miss it in almost all sections (discussions, suggestions, help and questions, bugs).

I wouldn't complain aout it but sometimes there can be just a typo which I fix within a minute after posting but then I have that line "This post was edited blah blah blah". Is it possible to fix this?

Thank you. :)
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • I do not consider this a bug so there's no fixing required.
    I actually want to see when people edited their posts. However, there's no differentiation between "has just fixed a typo" and "has removed a bunch of things you would have sanctioned him for" in the code so it's either off or on. I prefer it to be on.

• Well, there is an option to set time after what edit line is shown. For example - if it's just a typo it can be fixed within a minute (60 seconds) and there's no need to show that sign. If post is edited later than a minute - show it, since users use to edit posts to remove texts or change opinion.

Just my thoughts.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Well, you can also see the differwnce with time too. If you corrected a typo, the edit line will say you edited it a minute or so after posting. (Difference of the two times.)

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you