Allow faith greater than 100% to reduce miracle cool-down time

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Allow faith greater than 100% to reduce miracle cool-down time

General Information:

Currently faith over 100% only serves to offset lack of faith from other players in calculating the level of miracle that can be activated. I'd like to see faith scores much greater than 100% rewarded by reduced cooldown time. This adds two strategic elements - employing priests vs getting gold and city / island placement - and counters faith leeches. It also helps differentiate between the miracle level and cooldown rate.

What are you suggesting?

Currently, the cooldown time is calculated as RealCoolOffTime = (5 / SumFaithLevel) * StandardCoolOffTime. I'd like to see virtual faith levels at 120% faith, 140% faith, 160% faith, and so on. So someone with a faith score of 120% would have a faith level of 6 for the purposes of calculating cooldown, and one with a faith score of 200% a faith level of 10. The miracle itself would still have a maximum level of 5.

How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system?

Gameplay could be significantly altered by allowing wider placement of cities. To get a significantly reduced cooldown on a miracle currently requires placement of multiple cities on islands with the same miracle. If a player can reduce the cooldown time by over-provisioning her Temple then she can place cities on islands with different miracles and get the same results. Consider also two enemies on the same island: each has the opportunity to over- or under-populate their Temple, at the cost of gold and population. Compare over-populating the Temple with over-provisioning the Tavern.

Suggestion Reason:

As noted above this suggestion will add complexity, strategy, and diversity to the game. The second benefit will be to counter faith leeches: a leech on the island may mean that the miracle only activates at level 3 or 4 but the cooldown is significantly cut so you can activate it more often.
    Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
    Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
  • "To get a significantly reduced cooldown on a miracle currently requires placement of multiple cities on islands with the same miracle."
    It's called strategy - no need to make things easier.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • One concern I have about this is how it would be received by people that already have 24/7 miracles or towns too large to get more than 100% faith. I also see little need for this personally.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • Kaleg Nar wrote:

One concern I have about this is how it would be received by people that already have 24/7 miracles

They could choose to move some of their towns to islands with other miracles. (I could fall into this category, BTW).

or towns too large to get more than 100% faith.

Those would only be Ambrosia users. You don't have to build the town that large. With a Level 34 Temple and Level 35 Town Hall (Capital & EF 11 BTW, which is close to the non-Ambrosia maximum, I can achieve 127% faith.
  • This would drastically change my island selection.

I have spent ambro moving my towns so that I had the right mix, spent resources upgrading the mines and forests then having my island mix strategy changed would really frustrate me.
  • Quartz wrote:

Oracle from Canada wrote:

I have spent ambro moving my towns so that I had the right mix, spent resources upgrading the mines and forests then having my island mix strategy changed would really frustrate me.

I too have spend ambrosia to move towns. Rather than frustrate me, I would look at this as an opportunity.

An opportunity to give more money to GF?
    An opportunity to start again with low level mines and forests?

Opportunities I don't want nor need.
  • Because it would just destroy all current strategy. If all the time players were forced to plain their islands to get "nicer" cooldown the now you want to implement an option to decrease the cooldown for a half with the same conditions.

Overpowered. Sounds the same as inventing an additional building space in the town without any new building.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • No one is forcing anything, Draxo.

Let me highlight the other aspect of my suggestion: countering the leech. Suppose you have on your island, someone leeching the miracle. To get the miracle back to a usable level you have to massively overprovision your Temple.

For instance on one of my islands mohammed-pga is leeching the miracle by maintaining a faith percentage of 17%. To counter this, I have to have my Temples maxxed, with a faith percentage of over 160%. This is a considerable expense. So if we were to go to war, I'd like to see that reflected in a shortened cool-down time.

ETA: just like if I overprovision my Tavern, my population recovers faster.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Quartz ().

• There are other ways to counter the leech.

This will end up been a fundamental change to strategy and island planning.

I did not want to have 6 hep forges, I sacrificed my ability to have 24 hour Poseidon because I felt hep was more necessary. I placed my hep forges throughout the server so that I can avoid having one major leech affect my ability to have full forge.

If we are allowed to have a over powered miracle, I could have reduced some of my forges and placed my forges together knowing that I can compensate for leeches.

I have 24 hour forge due to planning, selection and sacrifice. Why can't others do the same?

The post was edited 1 time, last by Oracle from Canada ().

• Oracle from Canada wrote:

There are other ways to counter the leech.

This will end up been a fundamental change to strategy and island planning.

I did not want to have 6 hep forges, I sacrificed my ability to have 24 hour Poseidon because I felt hep was more necessary. I placed my hep forges throughout the server so that I can avoid having one major leech affect my ability to have full forge.

If we are allowed to have a over powered miracle, I could have reduced some of my forges and placed my forges together knowing that I can compensate for leeches.

I have 24 hour forge due to planning, selection and sacrifice. Why can't others do the same?

I agree. It takes away the need for strategically placing your towns as well as forging good relations with your island neighbours.

No point in taking away some of the challenges/decisions we're faced with :)!

How could I ever have a bad dream when the nightmare is me?

The post was edited 2 times, last by S.W.E ().

• Hopla wrote:

Once a suggestion is approved, it gets 90 days to be discussed. If your idea is very well received by the Ikariam community and players feels it is merited, then it will be moved to the Reported Suggestions forum. For a suggestion to get into the Reported section, the suggestion must receive more than 80% upvotes, minimum 12 out of 15 votes, after 90 days of being active.

90 Days have passed and unfortunately this community (or any other community at this point in time) have not given enough votes for it to be moved into Reported Suggestions.

Thank you for your contributions. :)

Want to become an Elite Member? Ask me how..

Thank you FinJambo for my Signature

Board Rules | Support