New Barbarian Village

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• New Barbarian Village

I will continue posting here the results from my attacks on the New Barbarian village.

Level 1-9

Total gold with yellow backround. Total res with green backround
    Level 1-9 King: Olaf the Reckless
    Barbarians' retaliation: n/a

Level 10-19

Total gold with yellow backround. Total res with green backround
    Level 10-19 King: Mattis the Mighty Mite.
    From Level 10 Barbarians can retaliate. Level 10-19 Willingness to retaliate: Very low.
    From Level 10 appearance of Ceasfire button.
    Res needed to ceasefire with Barbarians Level 10-19: 3,000 2,500 1,000 1,000 1,500

Kaleg Nar wrote:

Vivaldi, reading your info it looks like the barbarians get artillery later on. Which artillery unit would you say it's comparable to? (And am I reading it right that you can pillage gold from the barbarians?)
    I wouldn't say, it's certain :), it's the Barbarian Ram, comparable to the Battering Ram. However, it's much more stronger, Damage= 105, but much less accurate = 10%, and hit points 70 instead of 88. The other unit, the Barbarian Clubman, is the Spearman, and from Level 20 up, Barbarians get to have their Hoplites, the Barbarian-Axe Swingers.
    And yes, you can plunder gold, as much as shown in the charts.

P.S. Just got the report from Round 4 of Level 20, these Clubmen (Spearmen) are very hard to die....Don't know whether a problem on their rendered battle strength or what ..(cause they have only 12 hit points and they stand to Steam Giants....)
    P.S.S. Aha! Now I see, they still got rams in this round..

Pat zi duckling
    You actually tried to pat the duckling = stupid :P

The post was edited 4 times, last by vivaldi30 ().

• With the clubmen, which part makes you say they're standing up to SGs? The fact they're not all dying (that would make sense) or were they taking less losses in the prior round than the one you showed? (And is there a separate section with all the barbarian info now?)

Also, your chart shows gold in the loot table, am I reading that right as gold you can pillage?

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • Yes gold can be plundered from the Barbarian Village now, acording to the posted charts.

The point with the clubmen is solved, it's resonable.

Yes there is a new section with the Barbarian village and a separate one with their units in the help-info.

And here is the res and troops of the Barbarians Level 20-29
    Level 20-29 King:
    Level 20-29 Willingness to retaliate: Low
    Res needed to ceasefire with Barbarians Level 20-29: 15,000 7,000 5,000 8,000

Barbarians retaliate to the village from which the were attacked. This happent once in Level 24. They sent 120 Axe-Swingers (Hoplites) and 24 Rams.

Also, a brigate of Barbarians once blocked the resources, and were driven away agfter the next succesful attack on the Barbarian Village.

Finally, a preview from Level 30-39: Loot is very, very heavy, gold too : Levels 1-29 yielded 487,000 gold and 476,000 res. Only three Levels 30-33 so far, yielded 262,000 gold and 342,000 res!

Pat zi duckling

The post was edited 2 times, last by vivaldi30 ().

• @Kaleg Nar . Yes they attacked the town from which all of my attacks are coming from.

@play. Thanks for the info on that. So level 20 retaliation is with 40 ships. Level 30-39 retaliation is 140 ships, I was online. They retaliated while the battle for level 39 was ongoing, with 540 axe-swingers (hoplites), 240 knifemen (swords) and 45 rams. I had not that much troops, but rams cannot bring down my walls, so.. no problem.

mortis wrote:

If they attack the town they were attacked from... wonder what happens if I occupy someone and attack from there ;)
    Yees..good thought. I ve just occupied a town, you can launch an attack from a occupied town to the barbarians. First, you ll loose 10% of your loot to the barbarians. Then, I don't know whether they will retaliate to the occupied town or your town. I ll make an experiment and see.

And here are the numberts for Levels 30-39.

Level 30-39 King: Neon the Enlightened
    Level 30-39 Willingness to retaliate: Modarate
    Res needed to ceasefire with Barbarians Level 30-39: 40,000 35,000 20,000 15,000 10,000

So, till now Levels 1-39: 1,314,600 gold and 1,677,080 resources stolen drom the Barbarians!

Pat zi duckling
  • Yes - while the village's upgrade is in progress you can attack again... and again. :)
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Quartz wrote:

Looking at your level 39 figures, that amount of loot seems to exceed the standard cargo capacity. Can we make a second run against a now-defenceless barbarian village?
    Yes, this is indeed the case. I have to attack again to collect the rest of the res.

Draxo wrote:

you can attack again... and again
    Actually no (to again and again meanning many times over), 2 attacks is what you get. Because the village in Level 40 has 195,750 res to plunter, and needs 1 hour 50 minutes to rebuild to Level 41. So, it's:

Ballons in the wave with the cargo ships: 30 minutes to load + 30 minutes to return + 15 to attack = 1 hour 15 minutes = 196,000 res. And that's it. You need another hour to attack the barbarian village a third time, by which time it will have level up (previously not stolen loot is not tranferred to the next level's loot)
    No nallons: 30 minutes to load + 15 minutes to return + 15 to attack = 1 hour = 196,000. Again, you don't have time for a third attack, 1 hour plus 1 hour 2 hours.

Pat zi duckling

The post was edited 3 times, last by vivaldi30 ().

• When you say the amount of res needed to ceasefire with Barbarians, is that like a donation you are required to pay them to stop them from attacking you?

Awesome work by empty!! :thumbsup:

Basically.... I like Big Boats and i cannot lie....
  • Corsini wrote:

s that like a donation you are required to pay them to stop them from attacking you?
    It's exactly that. After you finish attacking them (cause ceasfire button is not available while you are attacking--I didin't noticed of you can push ceasife while they are attacking), or if they had sent a brigate to block your resources, you pay them, and in the first case they don't retaliate, and in the second, they withdraw their men from your mines.

LordBevan wrote:

so overall this barbarian kings benefits those fighters who have 10 islands
    but punish those farmers who only have 1-2 islands?
    Something like, but not exactly like that :P Because, low levels yield very little resources, and high levels need time and army to attack. It's true that a player with 10 islands can get a not incignificant sum of 13,146,000 gold and 16,770,800 resources from Levels 1-39, but don't forget he has to attack 390 times in order get there, and levels 30-39 need real army. The only thing that really really bothers me is that I (and players with 1 and 2 islands) won't be able to reach achievement Level 5 Barbarian Hunter: Besiege level 50 barbarians on 3 different islands and obtain the title of Scourge of the Barbarians (which I would proudly put before my name, cause level 50 is expected to be quite hard to beat, and even more so in 3 different instances).

Now, as for the loot mentioned in my previous post, 196 ships is needed in order to collect the loot in two times of Level 40. The last level a player with no ambrosia ships or friend list ships can carry (192 * 500 = 96,000) with one go is Level 32, and with two (192 * 500 * 2 = 192,000) is Level 39.

Pat zi duckling

• One can have a look at the help section on the barbarian units. They have:

Spears = Clubman (exept hit points 12 insteed of 13 and damage 5 insteed of 4) - Level 1 - Level 22
    Axe Swinger = Hoplite Level 20 - Level ? (most probably up to level 50)
    War Walker = Steam Giant Level ? - Level 50

Axe Thrower = Archer (Exept munition 7 insteed of 3) Level 40 - Level 50
    Knifeman = Swordman Level 30 - Level 50

Barbarian Ram = Something between Ram and Catapult Level 10 - Level ? (most probably up to level 50)
    Barbarian Catapult = Mortar (Exept munition 5 insteed of 3) Level 40 - Level 50

Barbarian Dirigable = Ballon-Bombardier Level ? - Level 50
    Barbarian Fighter = Gyrocopter Level ? - Level 50

One a previous point, confirmed now, if not pludered res from previous level do not get to be tranferred to the next level's res, and secondly, if the second attack to take the rest of the loot hits before the next level, and while loading the loot the village passes to the next level, the loading is continuing with no problem, the looted res is yours.

UPDATE CORRECTION NOW: Deleted the previous calculations because just ended the level 40 battle, time to level 41 = 2 hours 30 minutes hoho

Pat zi duckling

• So, I have a few questions. What happens if you can't perform a sucessful attack on them? Do they lose the beaten units permanently, or they will just regenerate? And then, if you completly destroy their army, does that mean that they have no army until they upgrade the village? I didn't get that really clear...
    Thank you for making such an intensive report of the barbarians, it's really helpful.

The post was edited 1 time, last by rata536 ().

• rata536 wrote:

What happens if you can't perform a sucessful attack on them?
    The battle is as normal battle just as any other battle. If you loose the battle your toops are despersed, if you press white flag they will return, return time + 1 hour.

rata536 wrote:

if you completly destroy their army, does that mean that they have no army until they upgrade the village?
    Yes exactly. Until they rebuild, there is no army in the village. You can come back (in higher level) with a pillage squadron to take the rest of the loot.

Corsini wrote:

so if you destroy their whole army are they still able to retaliate?
    As I understand it and saw by the two retaliations I faced, the "standing" army of the village, i.e. the one appearing in the start of each new level, has nothing to do with what the Barbarians can send. And that is because while my battle for level 38 was ongoing, the Barbarians sent 825 units to attack me.

Corsini wrote:

and what happens if you dont pay them?
    Firstly, you don't need to pay them. Just win the next level, and they stop attacking. I can't for the moment know that, because in low levels the barbarians are not so willing to retaliate (they did only once lrom level 20-38). I quess that in higher levels it gets more intense, but I am also guessing that even then they don't attack continuously until you pay them (or win them).

rata536 wrote:

Do they lose the beaten units permanently, or they will just regenerate?
    Oh, just noticed this. If you lose the battle, it's as the old barbarian village, the army you have to face is the same as the beggining of the level. That is to say, you have to kill the level in one battle;you can't send troops to kill some barbarians and then send some more in a second battle to kill the rest. If you lose the battle you play again the same level as the battle didn't happent, if you win the barbarians go to next level.

Pat zi duckling

The post was edited 7 times, last by vivaldi30 ().