Town Shifting use for pirate Raids

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

  • Town Shifting use for pirate Raids

    General Information:

    What are you suggesting: The Introduction of cool down time in game after every town shift
    How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system? : The suggestion is to make a cool down time after town shift to make piracy game fair for non ambrosia users too

    Suggestion Reason:we have seen heavy ambrosia user use town shifting to raid all players and this pretty unfair to non ambrosia users

    Why are you suggesting this? What will it solve/make easier? Think carefully about this one, most suggestions will get heavy critical feedback. Make sure you give a detailed reason and your suggestion solves the issue that you think there is.

    The game is loosing popularity because of the heavy implementation of Ambrosia in the piracy part of game I would like to make a point that a player can move his town and raid all top 50 any time and be top pirate . I mean there must be some strategy left too in game its not like you will raid with out any strategy and get a crew

    Render/Image/Screenshot:

    Do you have a picture/render/screenshot of what it might look like? A visual aide always helps an idea come to life.

    Special Notes:

    Anything else you want to add.
    If we want to make a good and fair game of piracy we should make a point of cool down time so as to make it fair to all. Hope Game Forge gets this suggestion through aand help to save the declining TRP of the game
    God's among men



    It's Time ! men must stand to Fight out injustice
  • Most active pirates use their mobile colonies to raid others - build, raid and abandon. And those who move towns for ambrosies - they support game. It's a business if you haven't noticed it yet. ;)
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • It's business but it's as dirty as it can get, basically the most disgusting thing you can do in the game, just teleporting on some random player and crush their hopes of placing in piracy. I'm totally against it.
  • If you push players away in such a manner you wont have a buisness.
    This not only makes the game more accessible to players but also prevents the Rich / Poor divide being so massively shown or the Idiots that pay 1000s / fools that pay a bit less / average spender gap.
    I mean come on seriously ? you can already buy resources now... yes yes buisness but once again are you losing sight of its supposed to be a game not a buisness model? and a social one at that. now yes you may say But people pay to support the development of the game and keep the servers running... etc etc
    There are alot less servers , alot less players and the only decent, recent development was the new barbarians so why the need for funding ? Is it for Ogame? I hope not.
    And sure I may get shot down on this one but heck I speak to 100s of different players and the opinion is pretty unanimous on the subject, but hey im just a simple gamer at 2am giving his two cents.

    Rare are the players who spend so much on ambro to warp 4 , 12 , 40 times a day
    the ones who will be put off by that sort of thing are the regular 20 euro a month subscribers
    once you lose them , they are lost.

    Sure you earn now, but think about the long run.


    +1 fitt I vote yes
    Sky to you lot

    A man once walked along the shore, and called he out to me,
    "I see you are a fisherman, a lover of the sea.
    I know this world's a wretched place, but if you'll follow me
    I'll take all of your burdens... and pirates we shall be!"

    The post was edited 3 times, last by Skywalker ().

  • I am well represented by skywalker on the the matter..

    Yes the game needs funders, but what about us the spends 10$ a month? so its ok for us to be screwed every month by someone who spends much more? so are you saying that in order to compete we have to spend 1,000$ a month too?

    SO IS THIS GAME SIMPLY BECOME A COMPETITION OF WHO HAS THE FATTER WALLET?

    The post was edited 1 time, last by devin26 ().

  • There's no way they'd limit town moving, it doesn't make sense and it doesn't make sense for you to cry over it either you have other options as a free player, use them, bit if somebody wants to pay for an active and very obvious strategy, it shouldn't be limited by any means, zer0

    Sig by June 8)
  • Really what strategy as a free player can I employ to counter warp raiders?


    A). use third party programs to generate points and get higher crew (oh by the way i also need ambrosia too convert)
    B). Fill up every town and every island near me with fake accounts, (oh snap there is a ambrosia spot they can warp too I guess I have to fill that up too)

    I KNOW THEY ARE ILLEGAL BUT THEY ARE THE ONLY REAL COUNTERS TO WARP RAIDERS


    Ambrosia players can already use triton engines too boost the speed of their mobile but at least GIVE US NON HEAVY AMBROSIA USERS A FIGHTING CHANCE!!

    it like playing very hard for 21 days then oh the guy with the fat wallet warped byebye hard work for 21 days with no chance to dodge.. ALL we ask is a FIGHTING CHANCE!!
  • Exactly what devin said ... as an ambro user you have many ways to reach someone without warping,

    - tritons
    - move a mobile nearby, buy citizens and build a mobile from that, even use tritons

    but all of these things can be evaded if you are on the look for them. How do you evade warps? You can slowboat and block all of the pirates cities, which is pretty much the only solution, and still he can sneak out a mobile to warp easily (with a colossus for example)...
  • bamcbix wrote:


    There's no way they'd limit town moving, it doesn't make sense and it doesn't make sense for you to cry over it either you have other options as a free player, use them, bit if somebody wants to pay for an active and very obvious strategy, it shouldn't be limited by any means, zer0


    I totally agree with bamcbix that even if you get the required vote to get it reported to the gf even than there is no way gf is going to implement .
    Yes many times many players warped me on last day but still i think if anyone can use their ambrosia than they should.
    but if i know correctly Fitt, sky, devin and rekt all of you are ambrosia user and all of you have problem with the use of ambrosia..? May be because you people don't use ambrosia massively i guess .
    But still if my 1 yes is going to make any difference than why not .
    Going to vote yes.

    Ps: fitt i guess you suggestion is incomplete because you are suggesting the cool down but what kind of cool of cool down?
    how this cool down is going to effect and work?

    The post was edited 1 time, last by don ().

  • don wrote:

    but if i know correctly Fitt, sky, devin and rekt all of you are ambrosia user and all of you have problem with the use of ambrosia..? May be because you people don't use ambrosia massively i guess .
    I do use ambrosia on a limited scale, but what I hate about warp raiding is its like putting a feature that basically says "Pay 10$ and you win"

    I can compete with other ambrosia players buying millions of reso => I can compete with that by pillaging more
    I can compete with spartans => by having better military strategy
    I can live without resource trading => by having friends that are willing to trade

    all other ambrosia features gives a little edge (helios, ikariam plus, +10% reso mined, cauldron) but warp raiding does not give an edge it OBLITERATES other players

    I just compete with a game feature that says pay X amount of dollars and you win this round of piracy
  • I don't use ambro yet one of my accounts is able to frequently place in the top 50 due to diplomacy by the alliance I'm in. If piracy is important to you, treaties are the way to go.


    I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:




    badidol wrote:

    Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.




    badidol wrote:

    Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • Draxo wrote:


    Most active pirates use their mobile colonies to raid others - build, raid and abandon. And those who move towns for ambrosies - they support game. It's a business if you haven't noticed it yet.


    yes its business !!!!

    But Game forge must keep in mind they wont have that amount of craze if they lose non ambrosia users !!!

    don wrote:



    Ps: fitt i guess you suggestion is incomplete because you are suggesting the cool down but what kind of cool of cool down?
    how this cool down is going to effect and work?


    The cool down time must be decided by GF so that this suggestion dont cost them too much in their Bank statement. But yes according to me it must be 24hrs .It will work in this kind : If you made a town shift and then you have to wait for 24hrs(or anything best suitable by GF) to make the next town shift .


    don wrote:



    I totally agree with bamcbix that even if you get the required vote to get it reported to the gf even than there is no way gf is going to implement .
    Yes many times many players warped me on last day but still i think if anyone can use their ambrosia than they should.
    but if i know correctly Fitt, sky, devin and rekt all of you are ambrosia user and all of you have problem with the use of ambrosia..? May be because you people don't use ambrosia massively i guess .
    But still if my 1 yes is going to make any difference than why not .
    Going to vote yes.



    Yes i agree i use ambrosia but not too much i use it for premium trader most often :D
    God's among men



    It's Time ! men must stand to Fight out injustice
  • devin26 wrote:

    Really what strategy as a free player can I employ to counter warp raiders?


    A). use third party programs to generate points and get higher crew (oh by the way i also need ambrosia too convert)
    B). Fill up every town and every island near me with fake accounts, (oh snap there is a ambrosia spot they can warp too I guess I have to fill that up too)

    I KNOW THEY ARE ILLEGAL BUT THEY ARE THE ONLY REAL COUNTERS TO WARP RAIDERS


    Ambrosia players can already use triton engines too boost the speed of their mobile but at least GIVE US NON HEAVY AMBROSIA USERS A FIGHTING CHANCE!!

    it like playing very hard for 21 days then oh the guy with the fat wallet warped byebye hard work for 21 days with no chance to dodge.. ALL we ask is a FIGHTING CHANCE!!


    First and foremost, I suggest you read. It truly isn't that hard. Anyways, what I said was, as a free player, you have other strategies. I didn't say you have counter strategies to warping, but you have other strategies to use.
    secondly, as a free player you can still do the surveys to get ambrosia. Yes, that still means you're a free player, you just use other options to get your ambrosia.
    you have a fighting chance. I believe what you meant was "GIVE US NON HEAVY AMBROSIA USERS AN ADVANTAGE BECAUSE WE DONT SUPPOSE THE GAME AS MUCH" To which I say "When the mini game takes over more aspects of the primary game, it is ply means the primary game has lost all forms of respect and lacks the entertainment value it used to have.
    Arguably the same case can be made for when a floater is placed and takes your hard work at the last minute.

    Lol 24 hours to warp your town again... I'm done. Clearly this thread was a wasted effort on your part if that's your hopes. There's no :censored: way in hell. This only harms the main game and is a pointless suggestion due to that

    Sig by June 8)
  • Ok

    So as a free player you have other strategies as you say, first of all enlighten us to these strategies just to humor me.
    secondly tell us how the ambro players are restricted from using them ? because you seem to have just commented for the sake of it in that case again for the sake of humoring me.

    With the surveys you can only do them in certain countries, and also alot of them A demand money and B then start harassing you through your email etc , that is however beyond the point.

    And the mini game dominates the main game to the point that it has almost taken over if you cant see that then you are blind, simply depends what server you are on sure but coming 3rd can take you from 150th to 20th in less than a week. Bringing out the age old no ambro server idea or at least no piracy server , yes you dont even need to tell me it wont happen im not a moron.

    the same case could be made for a floater however with one major difference, with a floater you have at least some chance if you are vigilant, whereas with a teleport every 10min you can basically throw money at the game and win with a free sunday or two.

    24 hours sure i agree maybe a bit too long however at least some limit should be imposed on it.
    Sky to you lot

    A man once walked along the shore, and called he out to me,
    "I see you are a fisherman, a lover of the sea.
    I know this world's a wretched place, but if you'll follow me
    I'll take all of your burdens... and pirates we shall be!"
  • How many real cases and from your own experience (and not "friend of my friend told me") you can call when player moves his town all the time (and I'm not talking about 1 or 2 times per day which is normal)? And do they really so disturb you or here comes just a thinking "against ambro players"?
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Do you like this suggestion? 25
    1.  
      Yes (18) 72%
    2.  
      No (7) 28%
    I had a player teleport his town 4 times last 40 min of piracy one round. Three of them were premium-spots. Not to mention the large city he destroyed since we had his 3 mobiles and 8 permanent towns slowboated or locked with piracy-raids in addition.
  • Draxo wrote:

    How many real cases and from your own experience (and not "friend of my friend told me") you can call when player moves his town all the time (and I'm not talking about 1 or 2 times per day which is normal)? And do they really so disturb you or here comes just a thinking "against ambro players"?
    Ok last piracy round, my alliance had 3 players in the top 10, me Ally 1 and Ally 2 as of the last update before rewards. we were vigilant for 12 hours stuck to our computers. Then a "multi" of the ambro user used a 1 hour raid on my ally to prevent him shifting ports (we didnt know at that time yet), so may Ally 1 and Ally 2 were on the same island them ambro user warped into premium spot, raided my ally that wasnt locked down then proceeded to raid the other ally that was locked down. So the ambro user was able to get to both,

    then another ambro user warped to my mobile in the last ten minutes raided me too,

    Hows that for experience? 21 days work of entire 12 man alliance wasted because they can warp easily.. as an alliance we pool the points to 2-3 players so they can distribute goods to others.

    what I ask is at least give us a chance to survive piracy

    bamcbix wrote:

    you have a fighting chance. I believe what you meant was "GIVE US NON HEAVY AMBROSIA USERS AN ADVANTAGE BECAUSE WE DONT SUPPOSE THE GAME AS MUCH" To which I say "When the mini game takes over more aspects of the primary game, it is ply means the primary game has lost all forms of respect and lacks the entertainment value it used to have.
    Arguably the same case can be made for when a floater is placed and takes your hard work at the last minute.
    If you do your math right yes the mini game has taken over the game. Arguably we can dodge a floater if we stick to our seats and thats what we do, problem is nothing can be done for warp raiders cause its instant on a game that everything else is based on time

    bamcbix wrote:

    First and foremost, I suggest you read. It truly isn't that hard. Anyways, what I said was, as a free player, you have other strategies. I didn't say you have counter strategies to warping, but you have other strategies to use.
    enlighten me about other strategies that will yield 3-5m reso every 21 days without setting up multis and farming them?



    @bamcbix And before you tell me to read and it ain't that hard, please correct your spelling and grammar cause it ain't that hard too
  • Draxo wrote:

    How many real cases and from your own experience (and not "friend of my friend told me") you can call when player moves his town all the time (and I'm not talking about 1 or 2 times per day which is normal)? And do they really so disturb you or here comes just a thinking "against ambro players"?



    Just to rain on your parade for this one draxo , not only because i think you are biased as a GO , and yes i know that gets thrown away as mea is a GO and plays and is cool and whatnot... anyway
    Exhibit A , Arkan , a player who is banned in DK for his antisocial behavior and all out cheating amidst other things.... beyond the point again.
    He must have teleported around 30 to 50 times in the last 3 days of piracy on charon each round and I am not even kidding, others will testify on this one, its not once or twice to hit that juicy target the guy takes joy in breaking the society that may other players work to create and takes advantage of his bulging wallet to simply eradicate any effort that many of the lower spenders who are often centers of alliances might try.
    And before you say you are against ambro players again... im an ambro player though currently my card appears to be blocked from paying your masters and I often lead or become the center of an alliance purely because the social aspect of this game is legendary.
    Sky to you lot

    A man once walked along the shore, and called he out to me,
    "I see you are a fisherman, a lover of the sea.
    I know this world's a wretched place, but if you'll follow me
    I'll take all of your burdens... and pirates we shall be!"