Change nearly full storage indicator at high capacity levels

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Change nearly full storage indicator at high capacity levels

General Information:

Currently the text for the amount stored changes colour when the amount stored is greater than 75% of the maximum. This is not useful at high levels when there may be a spare capacity of several hundred thousand still available which could take weeks to fill. Spare capacity of a million is possible if the Steam Lifter is used! This means that the text turning red is no longer a meaningful indicator when storage capacity is large. I suggest tweaking the interface to not change colour if the spare capacity is over 125,000. That is, for the text to turn red, the amount used must be over 75% and the spare capacity be under 125,000 resources. This should be a two-line code change: one line to set a constant to 125,000 and a change to the conditional formatting line referencing that constant.

I have chosen the figure of 125,000 as it reflects the capacity of a full merchant fleet plus Phoenecian ships plus 7 day bonus plus government bonus, plus a little bit to cope with interim production. This therefore provides an immediately visible answer to the question, "Can I send a full load of X to this town?"
    Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
    Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
  • This therefore provides an immediately visible answer to the question, "Can I send a full load of X to this town?"
    Really? What if I use merchant ships? What if someone else (several players) are asking if they can send / sell me goods? And in the end: what will do players whose warehouse capacity in the town is little bit more than 125 000?

This idea makes no sense at all.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • If you use merchant ships, then you check.

And I think you've misread my suggestion. It's the free space that must be greater than 125K, not the total warehouse capacity.

Let me give an example: one of my cities has a storage capacity of 1.8M. At around 1.4M the indicator turns red. But there's still 400K free capacity, so it's nowhere near full. So the warning isn't really useful. I'm suggesting that the warning come at 1.675M, when it does become useful. A player whose storage capacity was 200K would still get their warning at 150K.
    Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
    Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
  • Imho, it wold be just confusing for players, for example - if in one town he has big storage but in the second one small one.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • I find the idea actually much better and less confusing that the current situation.

What's the point of knowing your warehouses are full to 75%? I believe it initially was a way to indicate you were close to an overflow. Not so any longer when the capacity is very large, but quite relevant for smaller ones. The latter are typical of small accounts, which have less cargos and less workers, so it makes sense to point out a threshold as a percentage. For larger accounts/fully developed towns, the 25% margin doesn't make much sense any longer as Quartz points out.
    What the specific amount should be is not the important bit. A percentage relative to the capacity could do be more valuable (e.g. 75%+a factor of the actual capacity in the town), although I can see people raising confusion issues.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Unwise ().

• No

You are not considering pirates in your calculation.

If you have 4 level 40 warehouses your safe level will be 76,900 x (whatever level you win a round of pirates) maximum being 11 works out an infusion of 845,900 resources. (not that I have ever won a round in pirates)

More than likely if you are to win, you will win 2-3.5 x the safe level.

Having warnings at the 75% mark will be about the correct level.
  • Hopla wrote:

Once a suggestion is approved, it gets 90 days to be discussed. If your idea is very well received by the Ikariam community and players feels it is merited, then it will be moved to the Reported Suggestions forum. For a suggestion to get into the Reported section, the suggestion must receive more than 80% upvotes, minimum 12 out of 15 votes, after 90 days of being active.

90 Days have passed and unfortunately this community (or any other community at this point in time) have not given enough votes for it to be moved into Reported Suggestions.

Thank you for your contributions. :)

Want to become an Elite Member? Ask me how..

Thank you FinJambo for my Signature

Board Rules | Support