Version 0.7.2 Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• and it works ?

if you open a ticket indicating a possible link between unregulated account ... what happens next?
    and above all, how can you understand if two accounts are the same player but they are not regularly linked?
    Because here the phenomenon of the proliferation of small account shows no sign of ceasing, and above all .... they do not disappear !!!
    Keep in mind that I am not talking about just opened new server ... but an old server !!
  • If you report any suspicious players - game administrations does check them. That's it.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • ok .. !!! but now ...

_LUKY_ wrote:

Ciao Bad
    sorry for my english
    i have a question about :

• Modification – The IP sharing notice has been improved, whenever accidentally interacting with players from the same IP address.

is it samthink like a bugfix text ( as a new type of messages ) ... or samthink of very new type of program that change the way to play the game for the multi-regular-linked-account ( like me ... in a other word )

Thanks a lot for your answer ( if my question could be understuded .... and I hope so ! )
    Luky

just to return to the main question ... any help about ??
    • Modification – The IP sharing notice has been improved, whenever accidentally interacting with players from the same IP address.
    As stated above - only improved notifying when your fleet / pirates arrives to the player who plays from the same IP.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

(c) Albert Einstein
  • reduce it to 600 ambro and it might be worth considering but as far as i am concerned gameforge is scamming their players

why dont they do something like if you log into ikariam every 7 days they get X amount of ambrosia - not clicking a fountain everyday some people will forget to click!
  • If you buy something - it's only up to you to remember also about collecting. If not - can blame only yourself.

(c) Albert Einstein
  • Anyone else think this fountain is targeted at Multis? They have nothing to be pillaged so they can skip vacation mode, whereas real players need vacation mode.

Also i think The devs are squeezing as much as they can while flooding the market with huge amount of Ambosia. The game will lose a lot of income in the future as the players may buy less. This is a sign maybe the devs want a big bonus for this year, but they dont care what happens about the future.
  • Dutch01 wrote:

Reset to what? To getting ambrosia for clicking on it?
    just like daily login rewards. ambro got from fountain increases daily if you login daily. 1 ambro on 1st day and 6 ambro on 7th day
    if you fail to collect 1 day it'll reset back to 1 ambro

Alpha - RUN

Pi - Bane, SnM

Gaia - UN

"Real life? Never heard of that server"
  • Avenger. wrote:

Dutch01 wrote:

just like daily login rewards. ambro got from fountain increases daily if you login daily. 1 ambro on 1st day and 6 ambro on 7th day

if that's the case, i'll do some math...

day 1: 1 ambrosia
    day 2: 2 ambrosia
    day 3: 3 ambrosia
    day 4: 4 ambrosia
    day 5: 5 ambrosia

day 6 t/m 365: 5 ambrosia

Total: 1805 ambrosia after a year, with full log in...

In my case, it will probably be around 15 a week max (once a week i cant login). That makes 780 ambrosia for the cost of 1200...

Nah...not worth it

..or...
    everytime you skip, you miss out on 14 ambrosia (7 for the first week and 7 for the 2th)... 1800-1200=600. 600/14= 42 days
    so you can skip 42 times and break even...

This is me talking with my sMOD-voice.
    If you believe my voice to be in error, please contact me by PM.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dutch01 ().

• Week 1 & Week 2 Totals added

Dutch01 wrote:

Avenger. wrote:

Dutch01 wrote:

if that's the case, i'll do some math...

day 1: 1 ambrosia
    day 2: 2 ambrosia
    day 3: 3 ambrosia
    day 4: 4 ambrosia
    day 5: 5 ambrosia

day 6 t/m 365: 5 ambrosia

Total: 1805 ambrosia after a year, with full log in...

In my case, it will probably be around 15 a week max (once a week i cant login). That makes 780 ambrosia for the cost of 1200...

Nah...not worth it

..or...
    everytime you skip, you miss out on 14 ambrosia (7 for the first week and 7 for the 2th)... 1800-1200=600. 600/14= 42 days
    so you can skip 42 times and break even...

Actually Day1 - 1 Day2-1 Day3-2 Day 4-3 Day5-4, Day6-5 Day7 - 6
    Day8 - 4 Day9 -5 ...... Day14 - 10 @

• If you log in several days in a row, the amount of Ambrosia to be collected will continuously increase. From day 8, the amounts will repeat those from days 5-7.
    • The fountain can be used on 365 consecutive days.
    • If you don`t log in for a day, you won`t receive any Ambrosia and the count will start again from scratch.

if I understand correctly. ?(

Therefore Week 1= 22 Ambrosia Max, Week 2 = 49 Ambrosia Max
    <3 Ratna

The post was edited 1 time, last by Emissary ().

• A Simple Cost Analysis of the Ambro Fountain

The large up-front cost makes this unappealing for me as I might use 100 ambro/year to convert resources, which puts me at < $10 a year when you consider bonus ambro at Xmas time. Therefore I don't anticipate spending near $100 during the remaining life of Ikariam. However, it would be a good deal for heavier ambro users over time.

Here's my breakdown of it:

+$100 gets you 1425 ambro, 1180 of which will be spent on the ambro fountain, yielding 245 extra.

+Provided you log in every day, the ambro fountain will yield 1812 ambro per year (avg. of 5 ambro per day on days 5-365 (1805 ambro) plus 7 ambro from days 1-4).

+You will need to spend 1180 ambro yearly to renew the ambro fountain, yielding 632 ambro per year for your use.

So in this first year your $100 purchase nets you 877 ambro and will net you 632 ambro in subsequent years with no re-purchase. That's the equivalent of roughly $75 worth of ambro earned the first year with $55 earned in subsequent years. So the fountain will more than pay for itself in 2 years if you use it every day.
    Alpha- Unaligned
    Delta- -Emp-
    Zeta- FEE
    Omikron- BANE
    Rho- IRON
    Phi- NOW

The post was edited 4 times, last by murdoc1 ().

• And there are times when GF offers 10% ambrosia back and there is nothing saying that every once in a while they may offer a 25% discount or something like that, like they do sometimes for moving towns and the Helios Tower. I login pretty much everyday. I would like to see a accurate measurement of what you get through the 7 days etc and every day after that. Ive seen some of the math but you never know if it is actually accurate.
  • murdoc1 wrote:

The large up-front cost makes this unappealing for me as I might use 100 ambro/year to convert resources, which puts me at < $10 a year when you consider bonus ambro at Xmas time. Therefore I don't anticipate spending near $100 during the remaining life of Ikariam. However, it would be a good deal for heavier ambro users over time.

+$100 gets you 1425 ambro, 1180 of which will be spent on the ambro fountain, yielding 245 extra.

+Provided you log in every day, the ambro fountain will yield 1812 ambro per year (avg. of 5 ambro per day on days 5-365 (1805 ambro) plus 7 ambro from days 1-4).

+You will need to spend 1180 ambro yearly to renew the ambro fountain, yielding 632 ambro per year for your use.

So in this first year your $100 purchase nets you 877 ambro and will net you 632 ambro in subsequent years with no re-purchase. That's the equivalent of roughly $75 worth of ambro earned the first year with $55 earned in subsequent years. So the fountain will more than pay for itself in 2 years if you use it every day.

lol,

That the fountain earns itself back is common knowledge....if you log in once a day every day...

thing is....you have to log in once a day...and that is where it stops...

...for me that is ;)

• murdoc1 wrote:

It is 1811 ambrosia per year, look at what happen on day 365 (Or simply calculate day 1-5 and add those to the 120 3-day cycles)
  • How you came up with numbers like 1811 and 1812?? Fountain yields 31 ambrosia every 9 days. That is 40 x 31 = 1240 ambrosia in 40 x 9 = 360 days. Plus 5 more days, which gives 1 + 1 + 2 + 3 + 4 = 11. A total of 51 ambrosia in 365 days. Which makes it a ridiculous pay back. Really now, is there a player that will risk 1200 ambrosia to get just a 51 back after ONE YEAR??? Cause if someone have to be offline just 2 days once and 2 days another time, 1200 ambrosia goes down the drain. Which is just the same, cause to me giving 1200 amrosia to get 51 back is 100% stupid. Waste of time, waste of money.

Pat zi duckling
    You actually tried to pat the duckling = stupid :P

The post was edited 1 time, last by vivaldi30 ().

• Maybe because it's not like daily login that after day 9 you will start with day 1.

It is:
    Day 1 -> 1
    Day 2 -> 1
    Day 3 -> 2
    Day 4 -> 3
    Day 5 -> 4
    Day 6 -> 5
    Day 7 -> 6
    Day 8 -> like day 5 -> 4
    Day 9 -> like day 6 -> 5
    Day 10 -> like day 7 -> 6
    Day 11 -> like day 5 -> 4
    Day 12 -> like day 6 -> 5
    Day 13 -> like day 7 -> 6
    Day 14 -> like day 5 -> 4
    Day 15 -> like day 6 -> 5
    Day 16 -> like day 7 -> 6
    Day 17 -> like day 5 -> 4
    Day 18 -> like day 6 -> 5
    Day 19 -> like day 7 -> 6
    and so on

So for day 5 - 365 the Ambrosia amount repeats every 3 days and you get an average of 5 Ambrosia per day.

Calculated:
    Day 1 - 5 -> 1 + 1+ 2 + 3 + 4 => 11 Ambrosia
    Day 6-365 -> 360 days with 15 Ambrosia in 3 days -> 360 / 3 * 15 = 360 * 5 => 1800 Ambrosia

In total: 1811 Ambrosia
  • ...plus, and i quote officials in this,

Premium feature – The Ambrosia Fountain is a building found in players' capitals. It can be activated for the next 365 days with Ambrosia. The player can then collect a small amount of Ambrosia from the fountain every day, granting them more than 1800 Ambrosia in total by the end, which is far greater than the purchase price.

...i dont think officials give out false information