Ares Rework

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

  • Ares Rework

    General Information:

    What are you suggesting?
    How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system?

    I am suggesting to change Ares from its current effect of adding morale and change it to adding a +% to your Crew Strength. The values would be +2/4/6/8/10% for faith levels 1/2/3/4/5 respectively. The duration and cooldown would not be changed.

    Suggestion Reason:

    Why are you suggesting this? What will it solve/make easier? Think carefully about this one, most suggestions will get heavy critical feedback. Make sure you give a detailed reason and your suggestion solves the issue that you think there is.

    Ares is often agreed upon as the most useless wonder we currently have, therefore it is important to change it to something can give a true benefit. At the same time one needs to not make it so drastic that it overwhelms the existing order. That is why I suggested a max of 10% additional CS as that would allow one to buff their CS, but you still have to have a decent base CS to get any benefit or be able to beat other pirates. By changing Ares to increase CS for its duration, Ares would become a miracle that is useful, but other miracles would remain comparably useful too.

    Render/Image/Screenshot:

    Do you have a picture/render/screenshot of what it might look like? A visual aide always helps an idea come to life.

    No

    Special Notes:

    Anything else you want to add.

    I myself do not pirate. I shot this idea out and it got some positive feedback in private so I went through with suggesting this based on that. If you feel the values need to be lessened, please do let me know.


    I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:




    badidol wrote:

    Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.




    badidol wrote:

    Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • No because when you get to high CS that can make a much larger difference. I've been over 600k CS before and there is the I believe 10% already for destiny that varies the CS someone could potentially get a 30% swing in the raid and for someone that has 600k+ CS they worked hard for that and someone with 150k CS less could beat you thats not right.
  • Currently pirates need 4-5 poseidon , after this they may go for 2-3 ares too and because of that there will be no room for hepa or colossus for the pirates .
    and pirate will become a burden for the alliance during war , so no i cant vote yes, because pirates are already the targeted person and after addition of ares as crew booster they will become helpless.
  • kevin jan2 wrote:

    is the I believe 10% already for destiny that varies the CS someone could potentially get a 30% swing in the raid

    What destiny? Your CS doesn't boost en route to a raid currently.

    @don, piracy allows an account to grow quite large. I've actually considered pirates either going dedicated to Ares or having a more even spread of other wonders to be a good point. It means that the largest fighters will have to be fighting-based. Also, as already said the top pirates aren't going to be taken out by a +10% so they would still be able to win sans Ares.

    Though to both of you, would a +1/2/3/4/5% alleviate your concerns?


    I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:




    badidol wrote:

    Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.




    badidol wrote:

    Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • If they want to make ares useful again make it work in both your towns and enemies as it did before. I know with all these gen banks when you do find something its always like 3k rams or steam rams with 0 tenders. Ares would allow you to kill a big chunk of that. And before you say thats not fair well maybe the guy should have built a real fleet instead of pushing gens and gold.
  • Kaleg Nar wrote:

    @don, piracy allows an account to grow quite large. I've actually considered pirates either going dedicated to Ares or having a more even spread of other wonders to be a good point. It means that the largest fighters will have to be fighting-based. Also, as already said the top pirates aren't going to be taken out by a +10% so they would still be able to win sans Ares.

    You do know that there is already a +-10% bonus by system .
    With this 10% it will became total 20%

    Kaleg Nar wrote:


    Though to both of you, would a +1/2/3/4/5% alleviate your concerns?

    Any way this this new 5 or 10 % is not my concern . My concern is that after this bonus ares will become a compulsary miracle for the pirates and poseidon is already compusary so total 7-8 town of pirate will be occupied by these 2 miracles, and mostly the top pirates carry 3 mobile so total 10 town is gone. So they wont have the option of having permenent forge , colossus .
    And because of that pirates wont be able to defend themsleves without forge. And without forge there is no way they can win the battles.
  • Don if you think about it it could actually be a 30%. You could decrease 10% and the other guy increase 20%.

    The game is all about finding miracles that fit your game style. Obviously forge, colo and poseidon are the most used miracles but I know farms that use the hades miracle 24/7 in their towns as well. The areas could be redone but I think to increase moral in all battles you are in not just in your town. I know I would consider having one or finding a lvl 5 nearby for my mobile if needed.
  • As already stated above - too overpowered. In very lucky case you can get even +30% above your opponent.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Hopla wrote:

    Once a suggestion is approved, it gets 90 days to be discussed. If your idea is very well received by the Ikariam community and players feels it is merited, then it will be moved to the Reported Suggestions forum. For a suggestion to get into the Reported section, the suggestion must receive more than 80% upvotes, minimum 12 out of 15 votes, after 90 days of being active.


    90 Days have passed and unfortunately this community (or any other community at this point in time) have not given enough votes for it to be moved into Reported Suggestions.

    Thank you for your contributions. :)

    Want to become an Elite Member? Ask me how..


    Thank you FinJambo for my Signature

    Board Rules | Support