Board or a trash can?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Board or a trash can?

Greetings!

I'm concerned about what this board has become and the way how multiple users use it. You see, I do not understand why such a spam is tolerated here and how does it benefit those users who come here to discuss some important things or to gather certain information, the ones who do not spend all their free time here or do not try to get more posts on their profiles.
    I understand that those "off-topic" threads were made to "color" this forum a bit, but when it totally takes it over I got to ask, don't we have a problem here?
    As a GameForge costumer I ask for an option to filter content, the news feed and the information I get.
    I do want to focus on important threads not to count till 33,333 or to play some kind of word games. I know that someone will say to me: "Okay dude, but no one is asking you to do it, bla bla bla, bla bla bla..", but when I open this board and all I see in newsfeed is 5 spam threads, each commented by 1 users it starts to annoy me, a lot.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Dr. Hannibal Lecter ().

• If you come here for one specific thing then go to it? Want to see important game info its right there? Want see whats happening on your server? Then hey its right there with NO spam what so ever!? There are 3 most recent topics at top of home page and 5 at the bottom its not plastered all over the place so get over it and stop winging? Some of us actual like to communicate and play games as a community any issues then find another game right?? :thumbup:

Sig and Avatar by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
  • Xarius2319 wrote:

If you come here for one specific thing then go to it? Want to see important game info its right there? Want see whats happening on your server? Then hey its right there with NO spam what so ever!? There are 3 most recent topics at top of home page and 5 at the bottom its not plastered all over the place so get over it and stop winging? Some of us actual like to communicate and play games as a community any issues then find another game right?? :thumbup:

Here you can see exactly what I'm talking about. Please give those kids some separated corner to play in, do not let them in the dining room.
  • Dr. Hannibal Lecter wrote:

try to get more posts on their profiles.
    Which is not counted, so i dont care how many posts I have. I just post there to the fun.

Dr. Hannibal Lecter wrote:

discuss some important things
    Like the name of barbarian ships? McBoaty, McBoaty, McBoaty, If the gameforge doesnt accept this name, then I delete my account. :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Dr. Hannibal Lecter wrote:

Please give those kids some separated corner to play in, do not let them in the dining room.
    So, you think, that only kids are here. You are the only adult.

But if you feel this problem very serious, then make a suggestion and i will vote.
    They see me spammin', they hatin'

The post was edited 2 times, last by Pacific Ocean ().

• Lovely Hera gave me a wonderful hint. It's solves my problem right about 50/50. (Better than it was, for sure)
    There is an option to choose what you want to and what you don't want to see in Forum.
    Visual material as an instruction is available in attachment.
    Unfortunately it doesn't change the newsfeed, those spam threads still visible
  • Just confused, the only time you will see the spam on the home page and its a maximum of 5 threads? Your telling me that without the spam those 5 threads wont be taken up by a random CR on a server you dont play or a thread about looking for CT requests?

Just a suggestion?? Add your servers and any important sections you would like to your favorites page then when you click on it will be just like your very own homepage but of course whatever you have been doing for the last few years to find the info you want is just boring now and you need something to complain about right??? :thumbsup:

Sig and Avatar by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
  • Ok..Spammers..just calm down Dr. H has not requested for Social corner to be removed... just does not want to see it...and That is fine :)

Instructions: as confirmed with PM to Dr.H

You can go to ---> Edit Profile -----> Management ----> Forums off/on.

We do have a guide here: Board Guide

Want to become an Elite Member? Ask me how..

Thank you FinJambo for my Signature

Board Rules | Support
  • Personally I never use that News feed or Portal - all my bookmarks have a Forum as page. All unnecessary sections are turned off in settings (in this was also excluded from search results) and when coming into the board - search for unread posts in the Search field and live happy. :)
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Xarius2319 wrote:

Just confused, the only time you will see the spam on the home page and its a maximum of 5 threads? Your telling me that without the spam those 5 threads wont be taken up by a random CR on a server you dont play or a thread about looking for CT requests?

Just a suggestion?? Add your servers and any important sections you would like to your favorites page then when you click on it will be just like your very own homepage but of course whatever you have been doing for the last few years to find the info you want is just boring now and you need something to complain about right??? :thumbsup:

You see, the best part of me - I'm not you, I'm me.
    You are here to play some games, I'm here to discuss and make things better. I do not complain, you got me wrong.
    Smart people filter the information they get, so I want that option also here. For you, kid, it doesn't change anyhthing, you can keep playing in your sandbox. For me it changes a lot, I can keep focus on things I need. Safe fam'!

Draxo, I will try and sort things as you said. Maybe it helps. But maybe a small change, such as connection between checked topics and news feed can be made. Then I would really see only things I want to also in "hot/fresh topic" feed.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Dr. Hannibal Lecter ().

• If you want to see what people post and only for specific forums.(IE you could care less what's posted in other forums), Use search.

In upper right corner, where it says "Enter search word", click the search lens, and select "Unread Posts". It will show you all posts, as threads, of the forums you are interested in only (only ones that you have turned on). As you read them, they will disappear off the list. This is how I navigate the boards, I use it to quickly search all boards of interest, read what I want, then continue on my way.