Board or a trash can?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Mogwai® wrote:

If you want to see what people post and only for specific forums.(IE you could care less what's posted in other forums), Use search.

In upper right corner, where it says "Enter search word", click the search lens, and select "Unread Posts". It will show you all posts, as threads, of the forums you are interested in only (only ones that you have turned on). As you read them, they will disappear off the list. This is how I navigate the boards, I use it to quickly search all boards of interest, read what I want, then continue on my way.

I will tell you a story.
    It was a rainy day, I just landed in Columbia. Waited for my taxi on a pretty dirty sidewalk near the airport. My taxi arrived, I got in. The driver was a small papito, bearded with a hazy smile. I told him the location where I have to get and shout: "Vamos!", I was running late in my schedule. We arrived, I jumped out leaving him few american dollars on top of everything, I was happy to get till my hotel - safely. Till the entry was about 100 meters. It was a straight-lined road with some cheap flowers in sides. I saw some cop cars with flashing lights in front of entrance. I approached cautiously. I noticed few wounded, dead bodies laying down on the sidewalk, right in front of entrance. I jumped back.
    There was that cop, another Mexican papito (even if he wasn't Mexican), bearded with a hazy smile. I asked him: "What happened, are they dead, who shot them, why it's happening here so often..", and all he gave me was this: "To get in the hotel go around, use service entrance."

You are like that cop in my story, instead of understanding the problem and seeking for the answers to solve it or just giving me explanations why it can't be done, you give me some shivery side-roads to go on. Very well appreciated.
  • Pacific Ocean wrote:

Instead of asking a MOD in PM about your problem, you just opened this thread and started bashing the social corner spammers. :huh:

I can not see any spammers here, only some peeps who stick their opinion everywhere, usually when not needed.
    I'm still waiting for an answer from staff to understand why my idea is bad and can't be implemented.
    I'm kind of person who likes arguing as a constructive dialogue, so if you don't provide any arguments just a dry subjective opinion, go to Social corner, they got a space for you.
    My idea - to adujst the news feed as your selection in "Forums on/off" menu, it means if I don't want to see Social corner or Fans Art in Forum, I don't want to see it also in my news feed. That feed is the main tool what I use to see the hot topics and discussions.
  • Maybe you should find a game that doesnt want a 'community ' of players. Players who are there to socialize, have fun, communicate and interact!

The whole reason that such topics appear on the homepage is so that in particular new players will see and be linked to the community. They wont need to try to figure out navigating through the boards because the popular topics are there?

Are you just mad because your CR threads arent popular enough to stay on the homepage 5 seconds after posting in one?? ;) ;) ;) ;)

p.s. the spammers are everywhere and we do very much have opinions :thumbup:

Sig and Avatar by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
  • Xarius2319 wrote:

Maybe you should find a game that doesnt want a 'community ' of players. Players who are there to socialize, have fun, communicate and interact!

The whole reason that such topics appear on the homepage is so that in particular new players will see and be linked to the community. They wont need to try to figure out navigating through the boards because the popular topics are there?

Are you just mad because your CR threads arent popular enough to stay on the homepage 5 seconds after posting in one?? ;) ;) ;) ;)

p.s. the spammers are everywhere and we do very much have opinions :thumbup:

Wtf Xarius ... and others ... he wants THE OPTION, AND THE OPTION ONLY to turn off the visibility of some specific threads on HIS news feed. NOT YOUR NEWS FEED, NOT A NEW PLAYERS NEWS FEEDS, JUST HIS ONLY.

Damnit, learn to read please.
  • I can read and I understand what he has said that HE wants his news feed clear, I am merely saying why GF have done it and why its there. Kicking off because you cant see a post you want out of a possible 3 feeds is just ridiculous!? As already said and i use the methods too that it takes all of one click to change from homepage to favorites and there are only servers and threads that HE will want to see!

Kicking off about it is just ridiculous :thumbsup:

Sig and Avatar by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
  • Xarius2319 wrote:

I can read and I understand what he has said that HE wants his news feed clear, I am merely saying why GF have done it and why its there. Kicking off because you cant see a post you want out of a possible 3 feeds is just ridiculous!? As already said and i use the methods too that it takes all of one click to change from homepage to favorites and there are only servers and threads that HE will want to see!

Kicking off about it is just ridiculous :thumbsup:

I won't even comment, just go away, please. For your own good, enough with self-humiliation.
  • The Portal is managed based on settings for all users. It's not user specific.

I can change what boxes appear or quantity of items (I can up from 3 recent threads to 5 or 1000 if wanted). I can show and hide specific boards from appearing in that list. However, this change effects everyone, not user specific. So I'm sorry, it can't be done and thus why I posted a possible alternative.

If you don't like it, I'm sorry.

On a different note. Please be respectful to others that post on the board, even if they have a different opinion then you. I don't think any of you want a warning.