A reflection of our time on Sigma

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Pony, I don't care how large an alliances TS is. That means absolutely nothing on determining the quality of an alliance. Let your alliances game play do the talking and stop these ridiculous long posts.

Alpha - The Wolverines Diplomat

Pi - The Wild Ones
    • landian wrote:

You are not aware that you're digging a deeper hole with every post you write, are you, Pony? :)

And if you're a teacher (you said you teach, didn't you? i might have got some wires crossed here, your posts are so long and so boring i never get to the end of them... sorry :( ), God have mercy on the souls of your students! You must bore them to tears, lol...
      And I do hope there's at least one rebel in each of your classes who challenges everything you say.... oh, can i come to your classes? :) Please, please, please.... I'd bring a spark of life to them, I promise! Nobody would ever :sleeping: in them. It would be so much fun! :thumbup:

1. You claim that you "never" get to the end of my posts, yet you've cited contents I put near the end of my posts several times. Just admit you love reading my posts, there's no shame in it.

2. If you do feel bored, you're free to leave this post at any time and let me have the last word. But before you do that, I'll just reasonably assume that you're still intrigued by me and my posts, and I'll appreciate that compliment.

Same goes for @Lord David. As far as I know you don't even have a Sigma account? If so, you're in no way obliged to read any post on the Sigma board.
    • lol pony just shut up now. you are getting funny now. you know absolutely nothing about mechanics in sigma. or about the players here. you just come and try to be someone when server s about to end. well you are still no one.
      just go back to your building.
      and now you have put yourself in spotlight you'll soon know how fighters can bother builders :p

Alpha - RUN

Pi - Bane, SnM

Gaia - UN

"Real life? Never heard of that server"
    • lol, I actually managed to read through last post!! YEY!!! :P

Do you know what quick reading is? I regularly employ it when i need to read boring texts.... that's why i said i was not too sure whether you were a teacher or not, i kinda remembered reading 'I teach' somewhere, so I hoped I was right, lol
      So... can i come to your classes? lol :)

And Lord David has every right to comment here, or anywhere else on the boards. A lot of accounts from sigma are merging into pi, and he plays on pi. He's just expressing interest into what kind of players are joining 'his' server.... and now he knows, at least for some. Nothing strange there.

• Seems the board mods are all on vaca.

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Anonymous
    • Avenger. wrote:

and now you have put yourself in spotlight

As I repeated in several of my posts, the assumption that most players (or most "good" players) frequent this board is a gross exaggeration.
      There are 1.3k different accounts on Sigma. Are there 13 different forum accounts posting on the Sigma board in the past 6 months?
      How many of the top 100 TS/GS/Offensive/Defensive/whatsoever-you-find-relevant players have visited this board in the past year? Two years?

landian wrote:

And Lord David has every right to comment here

That's where your quick reading failed you I guess. In no way shape or form did I imply Lord David "cannot comment" here, I just said he has no obligation of read or post here (or actually, Pi board or anywhere else on this forum) should he ever feel discomfort. If he wish to continue the discussion, I'll personally welcome him. I just said he (or you, for that matter) can't hold me liable should he decided to proceed reading/posting in spite of feeling unpleasant.

landian wrote:

can i come to your classes?

In order to enroll in my classes, you might have to pass a series of exams. However, since we're friends, I can lower the bar and allow you to join me by merely passing the IQ exam and the psychological stability exam. Message me for more details.

@shug (sorry, editing post, can't directly quote)
      Bet 1 shipment (116,000) lumber and 1 shipment of whatever luxury good of your choice, saying that Landian and Avenger will think I am the "idiot" as termed in your post.
      Seriously, though, when I debate with one of Landian's gender, I rarely put myself at so little risk. Hence, it's been entertaining for me so far.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pony ().

• Pony wrote:

As I repeated in several of my posts, the assumption that most players (or most "good" players) frequent this board is a gross exaggeration.
      There are 1.3k different accounts on Sigma. Are there 13 different forum accounts posting on the Sigma board in the past 6 months?
      How many of the top 100 TS/GS/Offensive/Defensive/whatsoever-you-find-relevant players have visited this board in the past year? Two years?
      oh dear. i am not talking about most good players. i never talk about other. i am talking about me. so best of luck not placing in a server with me after merge and stop boring me with your ignorant posts.

gmmk wrote:

"Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to crap on the board and strut around like it won anyway."
      for once i agree 100% with you.

Alpha - RUN

Pi - Bane, SnM

Gaia - UN

"Real life? Never heard of that server"
    • Pony wrote:

Avenger. wrote:

and now you have put yourself in spotlight

landian wrote:

And Lord David has every right to comment here

That's where your quick reading failed you I guess. In no way shape or form did I imply Lord David "cannot comment" here, I just said he has no obligation of read or post here (or actually, Pi board or anywhere else on this forum) should he ever feel discomfort. If he wish to continue the discussion, I'll personally welcome him. I just said he (or you, for that matter) can't hold me liable should he decided to proceed reading/posting in spite of feeling unpleasant.

landian wrote:

can i come to your classes?

In order to enroll in my classes, you might have to pass a series of exams. However, since we're friends, I can lower the bar and allow you to join me by merely passing the IQ exam and the psychological stability exam. Message me for more details.

@shug (sorry, editing post, can't directly quote)
      Bet 1 shipment (116,000) lumber and 1 shipment of whatever luxury good of your choice, saying that Landian and Avenger will think I am the "idiot" as termed in your post.
      Seriously, though, when I debate with one of Landian's gender, I rarely put myself at so little risk. Hence, it's been entertaining for me so far.

You may get pillaged for 1 mil resources until you join an alliance in Pi for making me read such long and absurd posts.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Atlantisreborn ().

• It's a wonder you ever got a job, Pony, especially a teaching job. You're a preacher, fgs, not a teacher! lol

And if you need to pull IQ tests, psychometric tests, personality tests, aptitude tests and all other possible tests as a trump card.... it says a lot about IQ standards needed to do your job. Keep digging, hun, you're doing a great job ;)

So good luck with your job and with landing on the new server :)

• Avenger. wrote:

so best of luck not placing in a server with me after merge

If there's no drastic event happening in the next 11 days 10 hours, I'll settle on Pi. I know you're in BANE there, so see you on the other side.

Avenger. wrote:

stop boring me with your ignorant posts

One more time: if it's boring, you can stop entering this post anytime. As long as you're still in the discussion, I'll assume you're intrigued by me.

Atlantisreborn wrote:

You may get pillaged for 1 mil resources until you join an alliance in Pi for making me read such long and absurd posts.

I pillaged 1,972,000 resources in the last 24 hours. You gotta do that every day to reduce my income by half. And current members of MRVL should join back into MRVL within the first hour after the merge (I'm planning to anyway.)

landian wrote:

And if you need to pull IQ tests, psychometric tests, personality tests, aptitude tests and all other possible tests as a trump card

Trust me, I'd love to have you join me for free, without additional terms, so that you can appreciate my eloquence and charisma at close distance. It's just you need an excuse to bypass campus security. What do you propose?

landian wrote:

So good luck with your job and with landing on the new server :)

I'm glad I've removed the residue hostility within you towards me, and earned your blessing. Thank you.
    • Since it's only appropriate I post in a thread with a lot of words in it, any word from the TMM/R-DNA folks about what world they're merging into?

Choom

Pi-BANE
      "Although you consider us the enemy, these conclusions are flawed. We are your salvation.
      We bring you peace...a peace built upon OUR social framework."
    • Choom wrote:

Since it's only appropriate I post in a thread with a lot of words in it, any word from the TMM/R-DNA folks about what world they're merging into?

Oh! those fellas, I miss the old times back in Phi server before old servers merged. Hope to meet them again in Pi or Rho soon :)

If there's no drastic event happening in the next 11 days 10 hours, I'll
      settle on Pi. I know you're in BANE there, so see you on the other
      side.
      no comment

Alpha - R U Nervous?
      Beta -
      Dump
      Pi - BANE of Pi
      Rho - Nato-Force

The post was edited 1 time, last by brother a-z ().

• CHOOM- your still alive and kicking (and doing your best Machiavellian)
      DNA-R, formerly TMM, are going to Pi. As you can see from this thread, Sigma was a never ending political and militarily bickering back and forth between about 4 top alliances, which we chose to stay out of. But its made some humorous reading in the forum here lol.
      As an aside, now that Pony has informed the world that he's not a good fighter, and doesn't mind getting millions pillaged (as long as mathematically he can keep increasing his irrelevant TS), I'm guessing he might get a lot of visitors, lol.

Fighter of IOAG

• Loner99 wrote:

CHOOM- your still alive and kicking (and doing your best Machiavellian)
      DNA-R, formerly TMM, are going to Pi. As you can see from this thread, Sigma was a never ending political and militarily bickering back and forth between about 4 top alliances, which we chose to stay out of. But its made some humorous reading in the forum here lol.
      As an aside, now that Pony has informed the world that he's not a good fighter, and doesn't mind getting millions pillaged (as long as mathematically he can keep increasing his irrelevant TS), I'm guessing he might get a lot of visitors, lol.
      More like builder at this point, although I suppose with the new mergers I'll attempt to start fighting again.

Regarding Sigma, well, I guess I'm glad to see the old tl;dr school of bluster diplomacy is alive and well a year after the mergers, and didn't die with Theta!
      :rolleyes: Guess others haven't learned the hard way words don't mean much if you don't have force backin it up in this game...

I'll see ya'll in Pi, we could use some new blood over there.

Choom

Pi-BANE
      "Although you consider us the enemy, these conclusions are flawed. We are your salvation.
      We bring you peace...a peace built upon OUR social framework."

The post was edited 4 times, last by Choom ().

• REFLECTION ON OUR TIME ON SIGMA

come on Sigmatarians reflect on what happened, what you learned, what you did correct, what you will do differently

trash talking .... where are the mods? so off topic

EDMW survived and thrived our first server move. We were not thrilled with our coords, but made the best of it. We gained some new great members, we lost some old great members. We were tested and remained strong.

Sigma was different in some ways from our home Lambda. Lambda is our history. Our character was formed in Lambda and carried over to Sigma. We will carry our core characteristics to this next server world since it is still working for us.

Our time was too short in Sigma, compared to Lambda, to complete our missions, however we are sure to find new missions in the new world.

Sigma will not go down as our favorite world. Nostalgia still pulls us to Lambda. However, a new chapter will begin.
    • Oh, so nice going down the memory lane :)

SnM, or Spite'n'Malice, established a long time ago on beta - small, flexible, exceptionally active.... then resurrected about a year and half ago on sigma... had fun on beta - good old days... had fun on sigma - a few glitches, a few disappointments ... mainly misplaced trust in some people, unfortunately, but that's nothing unusual ... but also met some really, but REALLY wonderful people - and not just in SnM, but in other alliances as well, so the experience still stays very much on the positive side :thumbsup:
      ..... and we hope to have fun on the new server too - where we aim to stay small, flexible, and still exceptionally active ;)

See you on the other side :thumbup: