Let Barbarian raids show up in the General's screen

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Let Barbarian raids show up in the General's screen

General Information:

Currently the barbarians do not register at all on the General's screen. I'd like this to change.

What are you suggesting?

Show the barbarians on the General's screen as any other opponent.

Suggestion Reason:

This will allow the general to alert other members of the alliance that a member is being attacked by barbarians. Or indeed, act himself.
    Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
    Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
  • If you mean alliance general - somehow I don't like it, since Barbarians work locally just against corresponding player.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • For once I have to agree with Draxo..........
    Not only is it Barbarians against 1 player, it`s Barbarians against 1 specific TOWN
    Only you can attack them so only you should be able to defend yourself

Now`s there`s a thought , any alliance troops stationed in a town should NOT be able to defend against Barbarians :rolleyes:
  • alf huckem wrote:

For once I have to agree with Draxo..........
    Not only is it Barbarians against 1 player, it`s Barbarians against 1 specific TOWN
    Only you can attack them so only you should be able to defend yourself

Now`s there`s a thought , any alliance troops stationed in a town should NOT be able to defend against Barbarians :rolleyes:

well you can suggest this, atleast i will give a yes to save those poor barbarians ;( .

and for this suggestion i will hold my vote to see the argument (if in case there will be any) :P
  • Quartz wrote:

This will allow the general to alert other members of the alliance that a member is being attacked by barbarians. Or indeed, act himself.
    Okay, but as alf huckem stated above, only the attacked player can use own army against them. The battle with barbarians is personal, not allied.
    They see me spammin', they hatin'

The post was edited 1 time, last by Pacific Ocean ().

• I voted in favor of it because it makes a General's job a little bit easier in that regard.

When it comes to a player's units being able to defend only against barbarians, the problems with that would be that while it would work perfectly on the defense in a perfect world, we also have to consider another player attacking while barbarians are attacking. Now what happens? Currently they join forces with the barbarians, but if a player was only able to fight the barbarians themselves, then would their troops not fight the new attacker? Would they have to choose which troops fought who? If they had allies, now what happens?

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • For me i dont see why if in an event like that it wouldnt be possible for the barbarians to cease their attack. The whole purpose of the barbarians is to learn the fighting system right? Well presenting an even bigger challenge than a player attacking them in the first place is just un kind to say the least. At most of our levels i imagine the barbarians tagging along are just there, not causing any damage so its not an issue>??

Sig and Avatar by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
  • When the Barbarians attack your town, all troops in your town are affected. Second, especially at high levels, Barbarians can attack in significant force, so you'll have most of your troops in one town. Which means that you need to get your troops to the other town PDQ. If you're offline this is not possible, but if the alliance general is online, she might spot this and ask for help on your behalf.
    Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
    Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.
  • The whole purpose of the barbarians is to learn the fighting system right?
    This is the reason why alliance general has nothing to do with them.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

(c) Albert Einstein
  • Why not?

as Quartz mentioned, it would merely gain time with regard to the present situation. When the Barbarians attack a town, it is visible to the neighbours, ally member and spying peeps: the town is on fire. From there, one can already send troops to defend or to attack, whichever side one is on. So the argument that the fight is personal already doesn't really hold. A member of the alliance can move a unit to the town to know what's going on.

And learning the battle system can also go through observing how someone kept them at bay. I am not saying it should necessarily be done like that, but I don't see anything wrong in it either.

I am not really really convinced that there is a need for the general to see Barbarians retaliation attacks, but the counter-arguments put forwards by opponents to the suggestion are not very convincing either.
  • I do agree you and only you should be affected by barbarians, if i hit a level 30 village then i should expect the retaliation just like if i hit a 30 mil player for example.

But in the past i have seen a nearby town on fire (ally mate) and sent in a spear to see what was happening, with the alliance we normally always have a general online as leader moves it to the active general and it would of been easier just to let general see what was happening.

Because it is there to learn the system i am with the agreed that it should be you alone to fight them. :thumbup:

Sig and Avatar by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
  • I think we are deviating from the original topic
    everyone one has given a good reason for wanting to see or protect a friend/alliance member`s town from the barbarians
    but to get back to the beginning it is the player`s problem if the barbarians have attacked
    we all attack them for goods when we start in the the game, but we have a choice when we get to level 9 we can stop, or carry on with the threat of them retaliating either by attacking our town or by corrupting our luxury resource production
    it`s our own choice,
    if you attack them up to level 30/40/50 or how ever high it go`s ..........so be it , you attacked them , not the other way round
    when a member of any alliance if you attack another player you can`t expect your alliance to come running to help you if they retaliate
    neither should you expect your alliance /or friends to come and help if the barbarians retaliate
    you attacked first!!!
  • alf huckem wrote:

when a member of any alliance if you attack another player you can`t expect your alliance to come running to help you if they retaliate

I would tend to agree to that. And yet, the general will be able to see the retaliation attack in his military advisor's screen.

alf huckem wrote:

neither should you expect your alliance /or friends to come and help if the barbarians retaliate
    you attacked first!!!

And as you put it yourself, this is a very similar situation. The OP proposes that the general see that retliation attack as well.

Whether someone in the alliance decides to help or not is optional in both situations, not only in theory, but also in practice. You can already do it with the present game rules. So the question whether such an attack should be seen or not in the general screen is not directly linked to the question of whether you should be able to help a player getting hammered by the Barbarians, even if he provoked them in the first place. If what you would like to see proposed is that it should not longer be possible to get involved in Barbarians retaliation pillages, this should be another suggestion in my view.
  • Barbarians show on my general's screen when they are attacking alliance mates

I'll dig out a screen shot when it happens again

Barbarians though have a bunch of uses beyond mere training

Good to see some puffed up panjandrums not knowing everything :)

I am Boaty McSpartacus

p.s The Iranian Union Horde are still cheating
  • Barbarians show on my general's screen when they are attacking alliance mates
    I suppose - you mean your military advisor and only in the case when have stationed units in your alliance mate's town.

(c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

Barbarians show on my general's screen when they are attacking alliance mates
    I suppose - you mean your military advisor and only in the case when have stationed unites in your alliance mate's town.

I'm pretty sure I've seen barbarian attacks on alliance members in the general view as well ... but don't have the post right now so can't prove, lol

The post was edited 1 time, last by Rekt ().