Are multi-accounts allowed?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Are multi-accounts allowed?

I hear people complaining that there are too many multi accounts. I thought they would be banned if they had the same IP and abused. Has this changed?

EDIT - Moved from Game Discussion to H&Q - Hera
  • They don't necessarily have the same IP thats why it's hard to ban them if they are abusing the rules. Basically the owner has to make a mistake which tells the GOs that the accounts are actually belong to the same owner.
  • Multi accounts are allowed provided they are
    - maximum ten
    - linked by using the in-game facility to be found under "options" "IP sharing"

and provided the following rules are followed:

• They cannot send goods to each other.
    • They cannot send military units to each other.
    • They cannot raid each other - military and piracy.
    • They cannot trade with each other.
    • They cannot spy each other.
    • They can join the same alliance(s).
    • They can use the in-game messaging systems - the in-game message, the chat, the alliance forums, with each other.
    • They can have cultural treaties with each other.
    • They can donate on same island(s).
    • They can be friends with each other
  • Yeah multi accounts are allowed 11 accounts per person but you have to use the in game function and if activated the function will stop you doing anything your not allowed to do like send goods, piracy raids, defending the towns etc...

As rekt said the problem arises when people use several IP addresses, this effectively just shows up as several different players and thus allows one person to abuse the game and in essence buff one or two accounts :thumbdown:

GO's even with reasonable suspicion can only monitor them they cant simply ban someone because it seems like they're cheating, they need real proof which is understandable but sucks at the same time :thumbdown:

The reason multi accounts were allowed is because GF started to merge quiter servers and so players didn't have to delete an account if they already had one in both servers being merged, however why the limit is 11 and not say 3? Is beyond me!! :thumbup:

Sig and Avatar by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
  • Antikythera wrote:

and 10 is a very round number, the base of metric system

The metric system is an internationally agreed decimal system of measurement.

Also, it covers the first merge which involves more than 3 servers

Yes 10 is a round number but your allowed 11 accounts per player its simple and thats what i said. ;)

The metric system is indeed an internationally recognized system of measurement but do you wanna explain what the number 10 has to do with it? 8| The metric system refers to units of measurements not the numbers, 10 is also in the imperial system you know :thumbup:

Lastly if the first merge had 3 servers then why not make the limit 3 still? Those players in the merge would of began with no more then 3 legal accounts across 3 servers? Also why can't the limit be the number of servers merged? i.e. 2, 3, 4 accounts etc... or even you can only have 1 account per server plus and accounts that are merged?

Meaning you only ever have accounts you opened per server? Nothing wrong with that i reckon...

• And what about next merges? And what about individual rules for each server in the end?
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Xarius ... the problem is not with the IP shared accounts ... it doesn't matter how many is allowed, the real 'cheaters' does not use IP sharing so they don't care if 1 or 500 is allowed. You should know that already :)
  • @draxo as i said i dont see what is wrong with a general rule for ALL players, that ruling being your allowed one account per server and then if a server merge happens you can keep those accounts, i.e. if you have 6 accounts in 6 servers and they all happen to get merged into one eventually then your allowed those 6 accounts, simple right?

@Rekt tbh your 110% right i think its easy to blame the legal multi es, its an easy option to blame but yeah as in the past the illegal multis allow far worse buffing of accounts such as directly pillaging resources and piracy points so fair point there :thumbup:

In the end though i think cheaters are gunna cheat no matter what game it is :thumbdown:

• as i said i dont see what is wrong with a general rule for ALL players, that ruling being your allowed one account per server and then if a server merge happens you can keep those accounts, i.e. if you have 6 accounts in 6 servers and they all happen to get merged into one eventually then your allowed those 6 accounts, simple right?
    In the end it would be anyway, e.g. 15 accounts from previously merged servers against one or two accounts of less active player. However now everyone has the same rights to play with an equal amount of accounts.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Xarius wrote:

If the game ever reaches 15 merges to one server then you certainly have to question the game...
    The old time players are now dropping like flys and I expect my one server will see me merged for a third time on it as the population is dropping fast on all servers.
    Too bad they never just dealt with the problem which was cheating through multi accounts,instead they made multis legal and tried dealing with it that way but it only made the cheating worse.
    They went from having to police the few who were suspected of cheating to having to monitor and police the whole server now.