How to War

• Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• K1Netic wrote:

Oh okay :D but in that case the defenders will be in a better position as they will be able to deplete the mortars'catapults' ammunition before the wall is even a target . but now thinking about it . the ammunition is depleted on the front lines which can be devastating for the defense then the attackers can wave their siege to refill the ammunition and hit the wall as if nothing happened

Thought i had alredy replied tho this?? 8|

Anyways yeah if they send their cats/morts in first round without being a separate wave more likely than not they will deplete all ammo by the time they hit the wall. Most will send in just their rams at first (loons will just eat mortars all day if not) and then send the morts in once theyre about to hit the wall :thumbup:

Sig and Avatar by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
  • Been to war a few times. :D

On my fighting account(8 million) I have all my towns on wine islands so I cant be sieged. I have a coloss and a never ending forge.
    You can ambro a town to my island and with level 34 barracks and bigger as well as 32 plus shipyards in each town I can actually build troops and ships faster then they can kill them.
    I can also shut everything down if sieged and make 1.6 million gold a day. That gos into the war chest.

Big barracks-I can build close to 1000 swords an hour.
    Big shipyards-110 fireships an hour.

I swear by those last two and especially if you have port blocks and occupations in your towns. Most guys only leave 7 steam rams in a port block when trying to lock you down and they are easily beat in just a couple hours by building fires.
  • Rekt wrote:

Nothing is stopping you to wave on the defense side, you can do it just as you do on offense ... plus if you are defending your own town you can just pull out whatever units you want and then join them back in ... its actually easier on defensive side
    How do you send troops back into battle if you withdraw in the town they are fighting in? I have heard that you can do this to wave while defending, but I have not been able to figure out how to do it. Now I have a alliance mate who is asking advice, and I can only tell him I have heard about this strategy but no idea how to do it!
  • lillyann wrote:

Rekt wrote:

Nothing is stopping you to wave on the defense side, you can do it just as you do on offense ... plus if you are defending your own town you can just pull out whatever units you want and then join them back in ... its actually easier on defensive side
    How do you send troops back into battle if you withdraw in the town they are fighting in? I have heard that you can do this to wave while defending, but I have not been able to figure out how to do it. Now I have a alliance mate who is asking advice, and I can only tell him I have heard about this strategy but no idea how to do it!

click on the town where the battle is happening in the island view and hit 'join battle'
  • lillyann wrote:

Rekt wrote:

If you press the retreat flag while there is a battle in your OWN town, you will be able to choose which units leave the battle and which stay.. the ones you choose to leave will leave when the rounds ends, and then all you need is to send them back, or actually send whatever you want back, as don said, town view and join battle :)

but you can only do it in your own town, does not work with occupied towns or alliance mates