Here comes another cheat multi wave

• Discussion

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• i would do it if i could . dont forget that gathering up will mean that some egoistic players will need to let down to their rivals . some alliances would rather hide and watch while ithers do the dirty work . and some alliances wont get along just because of an old piracy raid . its time to admit but the cheaters r not the only problem here .
    "More hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than in the name of rebellion " ~C. P. Snow

• K1Netic wrote:

i would do it if i could . dont forget that gathering up will mean that some egoistic players will need to let down to their rivals . some alliances would rather hide and watch while ithers do the dirty work . and some alliances wont get along just because of an old piracy raid . its time to admit but the cheaters r not the only problem here .
    Yup, these are the reasons why nothing is done to the cheaters, top alliances won't group up against them.
  • Realityh wrote:

K1Netic wrote:

i would do it if i could . dont forget that gathering up will mean that some egoistic players will need to let down to their rivals . some alliances would rather hide and watch while ithers do the dirty work . and some alliances wont get along just because of an old piracy raid . its time to admit but the cheaters r not the only problem here .
    Yup, these are the reasons why nothing is done to the cheaters, top alliances won't group up against them.

So far UCH is the only ones going up against the cheaters.

Most others, including us from DOM, aren't interested in starting a war against cheaters since you can never win. Beat their entire army and they'll have a new one almost twice as big the day after... There's nothing to gain and you just have to wait for them to be banned.

Back in the earlier days of Demeter i was in daily fights with Dark Lord and his many many multi accounts, stealing upwards of 100k resources from him on a daily basis... yet it didn't slow his progress down and his army kept growing and growing. When he finally had enough he and his friends attacked all of my towns at once, including my allies towns. It's unwinnable.
  • yes it is unwinnable if taken half-heatedly. if a single alliance or player try solo attacks then they will simply be overwhelmed by the amount of resources and facilities the cheaters have .

if u wanna beat them then most if not all top alliances should participate . cause they r not using magic and they can be defeated under the right conditions . also it is not useless to fight them . cause instead of them using the resources on building a greater distance between us and them they will start directing their resources to recovering which would otherwise be spent somewhere else.
    "More hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than in the name of rebellion " ~C. P. Snow

• Im talking with my leader, to see if he will allow our FULL alliance, or just individuals to take part in any action against the cheat`s,
    I personally think that any alliance in the top10 cannot allow ALL there members to be involved, it has to be a voluntary
    Something like this has to be planned, with all alliance leader`s in agreement
    I`m thinking of a "New Alliance" being formed of just fighter`s from all alliance`s
    a few weeks in a fighting alliance will get your offensive points up and might just help screw up a lot of cheat`s :D :D
  • i like the idea but again i doubt that some alliances will be ready to give away personal grudge for the sake of the server . However taking such a step is necessary and many individuals will be welcoming .
    Also keep in mind that all players on Demeter can see this and so can the cheaters . but seems like they're not the only ones who r daring.

• I agree that while we can't stop cheaters, we can discourage them... If the best 10 alliances on the server, for example, would group up against the cheaters (do I even need to say who they are?) i feel like we could win... we can't do anything against the multies, but we can just attack the main accounts and hope that it stops them. Again, they are just playing for #1 spot, so they probably will just create more multies and GF won't do anything :(

The post was edited 1 time, last by Fl4shbang ().

• Fl4shbang wrote:

I agree that while we can't stop cheaters, we can discourage them...
    we sure can, by pillaging their clones accounts weekly and encouraging other players to do the same. i have been doing it for a month now and their main accounts have noticed me and started attacking.
    cursed are those who spam
  • Enough with the cheaters. I don't care if I win or lose. I just wanna start attacking them.

A few points before we start doing this:
    1. Who would like to join the fray? Can we start formalizing the attack team?
    2. Who are the cheaters? And their main player accounts?
    3. Please identify also the alliances who are nurturing the cheaters in their midst. Even if not all of them in that alliance are not cheating, they better accept the consequence of keeping such kind of members.
    4. Who among us will be in charge of coordinating the attacks?
    5. When do you wanna start, guys?

Game on!
    Demeter:
  • i don't think i can join a team and i prefer to do it individually. but if you want to know where the clone accounts are. send me an in-game message. they can deal with a single players attacking them but if a bunch of of single players keep coming at them there is no way they can handle that.

one thing though i won't refer to owners of these clone accounts as cheaters, not until there is an official declaration from GOs. but it is obvious that they are playing dirty twisting the rules to their benefits and annoy other players. and i will do anything, within the game's rules of course, to at least slow them down.
  • For lack of a better term, I am simply referring to these manipulative Demeter players. Thanks didier for helping me out.

Didier, if you have read Sun Tzu's "Art of War", it says:

When your army has crossed the border, you should burn your boats and bridges, in order to make it clear to everybody that you have no hankering after home.

I have no plan of backing down. And I am very willing to advertise every battle that I engage myself into versus these annoying pricks.

I suggest we have a consortium of legitimate Demeter alliances and honest players who would want to launch a "lifetime" offensive against the manipulators. Let us take it from there.
    Demeter:
  • Xarius wrote:

surely there cant be that many players with that many multis making top 50? Must be less than say 20 that are cheating??

Fighting these 20 means fighting the entire alliance that has almost 2 times more total score than the next alliance, and their multi account network that spans for half the server. It's not as easy said as done.

A coalition does sound like a good idea, but it would have to be well organized and NOT voluntary (so alliance leaders would have to hand out orders). Wars based on voluntary participation are not going to do much damage and will just result in poor performance and easy counter-attacks by that alliance. The longer we wait, the more that alliance snowballs in score and thus development & military prowess, so if any coalition is to be formed - it has to be done in the closest days or weeks, or else they will become far too powerful.

The post was edited 2 times, last by lvrikordo ().

• glad to see the world has decided to gang up and fight back those multis. but this is a desperate measure, adopted because GOs don't seem to be able to do anything about them. hope ikariam will fix this soon or we may as well change the game's slogan to 'live the ancient world and fight cheaters while you are at it.'
  • It would also be great if you could hurt them in piracy. If so many people wants to fight them, you could camp their farms and raid them even every hour or so ... I tried last round, I even beat some of them in the first 1-2 weeks, but in the end, it didn't even matter...they figured it out and gained massive strength in no time... I can only do so much alone... but with many people, your alliance feeding you ... should be easier imo.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Rekt ().

• We WILL do something about it
    Rekt
    Didier
    Ivrikordo
    Calaptus
    F14shbang
    Slimpurt
    Realityh
    Xarius
    Hotdog
    Inquistion
    Hannibal
    and K1netic
    you have all posted on this thread, all showing disapproval of the multies/ or whatever you want to call them (I have stronger words for them but would get another ban if I posted it)

can you ALL speak with your alliance`s and find out the general opinion of everyone there, leaders included, find out how many of them are prepared to "put there money where there mouth is" and FIGHT!!

I know you 12 are, add myself and about 7 or 8 from my alliance
    that`s only scratching the surface of player`s who are p1$$ed off with it, it could run into the 100`s !!!!!
    give it a couple of day`s to find out how many you can get on our side then post your findings and numbers by say Saturday 1200 hours game time
    If there`s enough support we can then move on to the next stage :thumbsup:
  • i prefer from this stage onward it to be private . also its not about numbers cause if so then they win 100% with their multies

The post was edited 1 time, last by K1Netic ().

• As much as i would love to help i stopped playing demeter a long time ago :thumbdown:

Might come back soon but who knows...

Rekt is right the main reason they seem to be using multies for is piracy, so they need be hurt in piracy!

Usually it goes along the route of a main pirate or two per alliances, however it seems you need to think bigger!! You need to find the 2 best playing pirates and have ALL alliances feed them, they will then in turn be able to keep the strongest cheaters down and out making their multies both pointless and now farms for you all to hit top 50! :thumbup:

Sig and Avatar by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
  • We can make it private :D
    but I think it`s best to keep it open for now!
    at least until we find the number`s that are interested

PS, I have read your other post Xarius
    what other server`s are you on ?

The post was edited 1 time, last by alf huckem: spelling mistake ().