Server merges

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

  • Server merges

    How low does the player population have to drop before another server merge?
    Currently on Beta server.





    player numbers down 5% in the last month

    13-Jul-2016 - 2257
    20-Jul-2016 - 2237
    27-Jul-2016 - 2223
    03-Aug-2016 - 2220
    10-Aug-2016 - 2169
    17-Aug-2016 - 2146
  • It doesn't depend only on amount of players but also on other factors, so your statistic makes a very less sense.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

    It doesn't depend only on amount of players but also on other factors, so your statistics makes a very less sense.
    My alliance has been tracking stats since the game started and so far they have shown that the population has been on a decline for many years and is the reason for merges in the first place.The numbers spiked with the addition of legal multis and the freefall has increased....not declined since then.

    You dont have to be a statistician either to see the games slowly dieing as if you play you will continually be asking for ct's.
    So it's an honest question and with only 2146 players last month in Beta I cant figure out what other things can "factor" a move to a merge except the low population.
  • *snip* The statistics make SENSE, did you mean they have no relevance because other factors come into play when deciding on server merges??

    As a statistic they make perfect sense, also you point out that players dont work for GF so dont know what factors go into the processes but neither do you so do you wanna share how you know so much and what factors they are... :thumbup:

    Staff insult - pokahontas

    Sig and Avatar by HONDA 775 :thumbup:
  • Xarius wrote:

    *snip* The statistics make SENSE, did you mean they have no relevance because other factors come into play when deciding on server merges??

    As a statistic they make perfect sense, also you point out that players dont work for GF so dont know what factors go into the processes but neither do you so do you wanna share how you know so much and what factors they are... :thumbup:
    @ Xarius..I find your attitude to Draxo rather rude....English is not his first language & on the whole speaks it very well.... can't you just say you are not sure of the meaning of his reply, instead of personal remarks

    Quote edit by pokahontas
  • @Xarius
    Nice to see that you're our grammar specialist - be proud about it, however I don't believe this is the right place to show your attitude against me. You don't like me and I don't like you - very simple. :) Yes, English isn't my native language, however so far it was a way more than enough to communicate with people virtually and also in real life. Also now I need to type with just one hand, so... apologies for breaking anyone's feelings.

    @zigmiester
    I see your statistics in many threads. Ok, what do they they show:
    • Population is decreasing - yes, you're right. Wait - doesn't it happen with every game sooner or later? If you can show me at least one browser game which continues to grow in 10 years period - you'll have a virtual medal from me. :)
    • Merge is coming for Beta - not really, since not only population matters (also activity, purchases etc). Yes, I am not GF employee but I can see this fact by analyzing data of several communities, servers and merges. Servers A and B can have equal amount of players but maybe only one of them will be merged.
    • GF is an evil, multi are bad and they do everything to destroy the game - well, I believe there's a professional game publisher inside each of us and we would do all things better. :)
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

    @Xarius
    Nice to see that you're our grammar specialist - be proud about it, however I don't believe this is the right place to show your attitude against me. You don't like me and I don't like you - very simple. :) Yes, English isn't my native language, however so far it was a way more than enough to communicate with people virtually and also in real life. Also now I need to type with just one hand, so... apologies for breaking anyone's feelings.

    @zigmiester
    I see your statistics in many threads. Ok, what do they they show:
    • Population is decreasing - yes, you're right. Wait - doesn't it happen with every game sooner or later? If you can show me at least one browser game which continues to grow in 10 years period - you'll have a virtual medal from me. :)
    • Merge is coming for Beta - not really, since not only population matters (also activity, purchases etc). Yes, I am not GF employee but I can see this fact by analyzing data of several communities, servers and merges. Servers A and B can have equal amount of players but maybe only one of them will be merged.
    • GF is an evil, multi are bad and they do everything to destroy the game - well, I believe there's a professional game publisher inside each of us and we would do all things better. :)
    Not a developer but I have submitted fixes for them to implement in a few games where I was closed Alpha and Beta tester and they took my advice so I'm not a noob at mmo games or why they fail but I do see the writing on the wall as far as this game is going and it could have been fixed long ago if you would just listen to the players,some can and do write code better then a lot of developers.
    World of tanks-a hit and still growing
    World of warships-another new hit and growing
    World of warplanes-dismal failure and it had 10,000 players on release to open beta and now at 450 population max in any game.

    The point is they never listened to the players on world of warplanes and it is showing,once you lose your long time players or dont produce an "end game" then it will fail.

    I was an alliance leader on 5 servers with probably a total of 500 members across the server,I know how to keep players and why they leave.


    But I'm glad you answered my question because now I can make sure I have all 10 shipyards and barracks up to level 40 for the next merge.