Current War Display

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• Current War Display

General Information:

I am suggesting a sub menu that shows current battles in the server. This may be based on gauntlet wars or alliance wars. And also that window may include current wars in terms of general score.

Suggestion Reason:

With a war display menu, players will be more informed about conflicts near them and they may decide to take part or solve the problems. And they will be more aware of players around them.

Render/Image/Screenshot:

Special Notes:

• Sounds reasonable and YES from me, however knowing GF... ergh.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • I'm against this idea. Keeping up to date on your situation is the job of you the player and it should be up to you to talk with your alliance and neighbors (or the forums) to figure out what's going on.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • there already is the visual display on the island view where a battle is happening . and with enough knowledge that u should already have about ur neighbors u should know who may or may not be the ones attacking.
    again this makes it easier for the new or average players and lowers the skill or experience level required from the players to be actually good at the game .
    So im not totally with the suggestion
    "More hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than in the name of rebellion " ~C. P. Snow

The post was edited 1 time, last by K1Netic ().

• Draxo wrote:

Sounds reasonable and YES from me, however knowing GF... ergh.

+2

Kaleg Nar wrote:

I'm against this idea. Keeping up to date on your situation is the job of you the player and it should be up to you to talk with your alliance and neighbors (or the forums) to figure out what's going on.

+1

Both things are true but still I will go for a yes, because servers aren't that active on en. , as you can see the new server Dion is also not that active (total player -2k, but I guess only 400-500 real players , rest are multi), so for the inactive server this will be very good thing ,
    But again I think attacker should have the ability to choose whether he want to broadcast or not. Because may be he will be trying to sneek in.

But again this will kill general's duty :P
  • I'd vote for an option to make the battle private or public (it would be important for duels to not let involve other players). By default the battle should be private and any of sides could make it public permanently.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • don wrote:

But again this will kill general's duty

I'd say that's a strong argument against this suggestion that I'd forgotten about. Making every person on the server able to do that huge part of general's job would chip away significantly.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • ^ It may be true, but I think the game in general should be more friendly for casual players like me. Currently, it's not and this suggestion takes a good step in fixing that imo.

My signature is a precious gift from Atina :love:
  • I like the idea but not the proposed implementation. Anyone can methodically go round islands to see where battles are currently raging, so there's no question of supplanting the General's View - that shows forthcoming attacks. The implementation I would like to see is that conflicts show up on the World View map. Perhaps that might be an Ambrosia feature or folded into Ikariam Plus?
    Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
    Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.