To be able to mark towns of players different colors

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• To be able to mark towns of players different colors

General Information:

What are you suggesting? The diplomat of alliance to be able to change the color of the towns of another alliance players/or individual players(if they have no alliance) according to if you are in war with them(not a gauntlet one) or if you have peace treaty, etc..so the rest of the alliance can see the towns on island view and banners on world view with that color as you can see the yellow color town/banner for GR town.

How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system? There will be other colors towns on the island view. It shouldn't be so hard to put in, since there is already yellow for GR towns.

Suggestion Reason:

It will make it easier to find your enemy and it would give more color to the game, it would be something fresh..plus it would be fun.

Why are you suggesting this? What will it solve/make easier? Think carefully about this one, most suggestions will get heavy critical feedback. Make sure you give a detailed reason and your suggestion solves the issue that you think there is.

Render/Image/Screenshot:

Do you have a picture/render/screenshot of what it might look like? A visual aide always helps an idea come to life.

If you really need it I may try to make one.

Special Notes:
    It's not necessary to be the diplomat who can tweak the colors, it could be leader, general or home secretary. I thought it should be the diplomat, since he is the one that can sign peace treaties etc...

Anything else you want to add.

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
  • I like the overall idea, but I think it should be up to the individual player if they want to view another alliance's cities in a different color unless this became a standard thing, in which case it'd be done by the server and not an individual.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • Yes, individuals should be able to do it themselves, but also the diplomats for the whole alliance..can you imagine...diplomats talking to each other "If your members continue to raid ours I will mark your alliance pink!!!!" :D

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
  • im somewhat concerned about how some strategies may become extinct . for example some people prefer gaining an advantage by sneak attacks by placing mobiles a few islands away and pray not to be noticed before attacking .

with this suggestion it wont be possible to stay undetected as once the mobile js created itll fly a flag over the island . This same reason is why some alliances choose not to declare an official gauntlet war .
    "More hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than in the name of rebellion " ~C. P. Snow

• I think the diplomat can choose which players/alliances islands the alliance members can have flagged...and then it's up to the individual whether or not they want to have a certain player/alliances island flagged, if not they can independently take the flags off certain islands...or certain islands belonging to certain players/alliances islands.

I think the above makes sense...it may not to some of you though.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Draco and Solon ().

• it would give more color to the game, it would be something fresh..plus it would be fun.
    I think it would bring just a mess... also there are enough reasons against this stated above. :(
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • there must be a war button available in the game ikariam .. when any upper member of alliance press war button , then it will published on board automatically. ,that they have launched war to abc alliance ,,, and other message to that alliance on which war is ...lauched or striked..
    jony parminder singh kharoud

The post was edited 1 time, last by jony ().