1 day double warehouses capacity for daily tasks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• 1 day double warehouses capacity for daily tasks

General Information:

What are you suggesting?
    That there be an option to redeem 1 day of double warehouse capacity for daily tasks. I haven't set any sort of price of daily task points, but it should be higher than the other premium options which are at 450.
    How will it change the interface/gameplay/battles/system?

Suggestion Reason:
    Many big players in the older worlds need double warehouse capacity to upgrade buildings. With this, they can still upgrade their buildings without using ambrosia. This doesn't really hurt the players who do use ambrosia or anyone else for that matter so I think the benefits are definitely good for players who have reached the point where they must use ambrosia to continue upgrading buildings.

Why are you suggesting this? What will it solve/make easier? Think carefully about this one, most suggestions will get heavy critical feedback. Make sure you give a detailed reason and your suggestion solves the issue that you think there is.

Render/Image/Screenshot:

Do you have a picture/render/screenshot of what it might look like? A visual aide always helps an idea come to life.

Special Notes:

Anything else you want to add.

Whisper of times past.........
  • This would be really nice! Doubt GF would do it though...they should also put +20% research points for 24 h and trade routs and padlock etc....
    Would be nice to get some of these perks for free for a week or so when there are events and holidays...but instead we get the stupid Halloween decoration...

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
  • I like this, but would set it at the 450 level. That said, to get a reward level of 450 is very hard, particularly if you don't do Piracy. I don't think I've ever got there - I think I got to 400 once.

Edit: consider that for the late-game player the following rewards aren't going to be available:

- Research Something (50)
    - Unlock an achievement (75)

That's 125 points a late-game player cannot regularly get.

And not doing Piracy drops another 100 points.
    Alpha: member of Pirate's Cove.
    Beta: Leader of United Galley Slaves.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Quartz ().

• No, it should be higher than 450 since this feature costs more than double of Premium.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Quartz wrote:

And not doing Piracy drops another 100 points.

Piracy points are easy to attain, just make a 2h/4h capture run and send out a raid on a nearby player. The outcome doesn't matter, you simply need to send that raid to gain that 50 points immediately. So the 100 points from piracy are relatively easy to get.

The ones that are almost always easy to do are I think:

Conduct capture runs. (50)
    Start pirate raid. (50)
    Successfully raid barbarian village. (75)
    Produce warships. (25)
    Train troops. (25)
    Pillage another player`s town. (75)
    Screen the cultural feature in the Cinetheatre! (150)
    Commission building work. (75)

That equals 525. - So you can always not do one or two of the above.

Then there is:

Donation (25) - Not too hard to do, depends on your size really.
    Trade goods. (100) - Pretty hard, but still quite possible.
    Research something. (50) - Depends on size, again.
    Unlock an achievement. (75) - Also depends on size.

A YES from me.

The post was edited 4 times, last by Draco and Solon ().

• Since pirate fortress can be built on the special spot - sorry but it's player's problem if he hasn't it.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

(c) Albert Einstein
  • If it's about size when a player doesn't have enough resources to build a fortress it's easy to sell 20k golds worth of resources, once that grows to 100k a player should be able to have built his fort to a high enough level.
    Or like I did when I was smaller, just do some 2m 30s runs.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Draco and Solon ().

• Draco and Solon wrote:

The ones that are almost always easy to do are I think:

Conduct capture runs. (50)
    Start pirate raid. (50)
    Successfully raid barbarian village. (75)
    Produce warships. (25)
    Train troops. (25)
    Pillage another player`s town. (75)
    Commission building work. (75)

That equals 525. - So you can always not do one or two of the above.

Looks nice and easy :)
    In my experience, players who need double warehouse are 'often' those who have pretty high accounts. And pretty high accounts in accordance to what you mentioned above:

Successfully raid barbarian village. 75 <- try that after level 30; or whatever!
    Trade goods. 0 / 2,000,000 Gold 100 <- if I find someone around in the next 48 hours to get the double warehouse done.
    Spend Ambrosia. 50
    Improve something in the workshop. 0 / 10,000 Resources 50 <- no way.
    Conduct capture runs. 0 / 2,000 Capture Points 50
    Produce warships. 0 / 2,500 Resources 25 <- honestly, I have enough ships and troops, if it's just for those 25 meagre favours...
    Research something. 50 Favour <- probably.
    Donate to upgrade of miracle. 0 / 75,000 Resources 25 <- no probs.
    Donate to upgrade of resource deposit. 0 / 100,000 Resources 25 <- no probs.
    Train troops. 0 / 2,000 Resources 25 <-- as above.
    Commission building work. 0 / 50,000 Resources 75 <- I have difficulties finding a 'small' building to build...
    Pillage another player`s town. 75
    Start pirate raid. 50
    Unlock an achievement. 75
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • This shouldn't be a reward that can be obtained easily everyday, since it does cost 28 ambrosia normally for a week as compared to the highest other premium options, steam saw or premium account, which costs 10. When players are ready to do some big upgrades, they can plan their daily tasks around that.

• iotsak wrote:

Successfully raid barbarian village. 75 <- try that after level 30; or whatever!

There's normally a low level barbarian village on one of a players islands I'm sure.

iotsak wrote:

Produce warships. 0 / 2,500 Resources 25 <- honestly, I have enough ships and troops, if it's just for those 25 meagre favours...
    Using 5000 resources for 50 favours is decent - you can always dismiss; which for big players is no problemo.

iotsak wrote:

Commission building work. 0 / 50,000 Resources 75 <- I have difficulties finding a 'small' building to build...
    Plan ahead.

All in all I think 700 is possible if you plan ahead - and you aren't going to need extra warehouse capacity very often....
    To back up what I said about 700 as opposed to 450 or 500: Look at polandpoland's post above me.

The post was edited 6 times, last by Draco and Solon ().

• Draco and Solon wrote:

There's normally a low level barbarian village on one of a players islands I'm sure.

euuh.. :!:
    Not for some who has towns on one, or two islands.

I like to know how to plan ahead with 12 towns, where all buildings need either 2 million of each resources, or already fully upgraded. And in some cases, with buildings definitely requiring double storage to upgrade. It's not the problem of getting them build, but the problem of needing double storage in the first place to get them build. The egg first before the chicken... or is that vice-versa?
    Personally, I'm with Quartz concerning the difficulties in getting even 450 favours, and to 'plan ahead' to get those amount of favours is really not a simple as one imagine.
    24 hours storage...A 1-day-double storage is a real tight schedule...
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • I'm at a point on Alpha where I'm maxed out and needing to do the most for all the daily tasks (18 mil points). I find that it's quite easy to obtain 450 favor points each day and if I really needed to push, I could do 600 without too much sweat. I don't even have a trading post at the moment, so I can't even do the trading daily task and I don't donate for the daily tasks usually also.

• Never doubted the daily task (exceeding 450 favours) is for active players, and similarly for the 1-day limit. Not only getting the 600 favours needed (on the assumption that it will be 600 needed), but also to move resources within that period of time.

I still think most of the favours cannot be fulfilled that easily, considering the fact that when something like this is implemented, it is hoped that the same player can at least use it more than once!
    - will there be a barbarian village that you can attack 'easily' (without spending "HOURS" and 'wasting' units to hit a high level village);
    - will there be trades available with some friends for 2m gold, if you're not stuck somewhere in no-where-land?
    - spend an ambrosia just to get that 50 favour... I guess if one is really desperate, why not?
    - there is no way to improve workshop for the majority of higher players.
    - not all players have enough research points available in time to research something. Again, we are talking about millions of points again.
    - most islands have already miracles upgraded, unless you want to beam your town on another uninhabited one, or have a free mobile just to spend up to 75k resources on a miracle.
    - to upgrade a building for 50k resources is possible if one still has a 'small' building to upgrade.
    - to unlock an achievement.. well, no need to say, that is not always available.

Successfully raid barbarian village. 75 Favour
    Trade goods. 0 / 2,000,000 Gold 100 Favour
    Spend Ambrosia. 50 Favour
    Improve something in the workshop. 0 / 10,000 Resources 50 Favour
    Conduct capture runs. 0 / 2,000 Capture Points 50 Favour
    Produce warships. 0 / 2,500 Resources 25 Favour
    Research something. 50 Favour
    Donate to upgrade of miracle. 0 / 75,000 Resources 25 Favour
    Donate to upgrade of resource deposit. 0 / 100,000 Resources 25 Favour
    Train troops. 0 / 2,000 Resources 25 Favour
    Commission building work. 0 / 50,000 Resources 75 Favour
    Pillage another player`s town. 75 Favour
    Start pirate raid. 50 Favour
    Unlock an achievement. 75 Favour

The above (in bold) are what I would consider 'easy' to obtain, and that sums up to 400 favours. If we add the desperate situation of spending an ambrosia, that would give 450 favours.
    BUT! if you have a free mobile (planning ahead), then that would change the situation... plant a mobile on a chosen island, and attack a level 1 barbarian (75 favours), donate to the non-upgraded miracle (75000 resources.. giving 25 favours), ensure you eventually has a 'permanent' 50000-resources building to upgrade all the time (75 favours).

So.. yes, it is possible to plan ahead for the younger generations if this is implemented today! But for larger/huge accounts, not unless if you have the above mobile-situation then I really cannot see how it can be accomplished.
    You'll Never Walk Alone
  • spend an ambrosia just to get that 50 favour... I guess if one is really desperate, why not?
    1 ambrosie per day (saving message or espionage report) doesn't sound so bad - one of my ally mate does it daily. :)

(c) Albert Einstein
  • I am with iotsak on this one...it is hard for me to get to the 450...even more is kinda unrealistic...and annoying sometimes, have to build ships and troops i do not need, cause not in fighting atm, attack barbarians....all this stuff is boring to me.
    The premiums differ from 3 ambro to 10 ambro per week and they all cost 450 per day...so why not double storage to be the same...I am sure not everyone will be doing this daily...cause come on who has that much res to need double storage daily...it would be much wiser to activate one of the other "cheaper" premiums when you don't need the double storage.

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."