New Pricing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• New Pricing

New Servers, New Pricing

As said here...they changed prices for stuff, and this is what i see on first look

ambro convert pirate points changed to 15..now 10
    female advisers for 10 ambro for 7 days....DISCRIMINATION!
    see troop movement 2 ... now is 1...
    premium trader changed to 15 ... now 5
    ambro move town changed to 220 .. now 200
    they also increased the price of helios tower from 300 to 320 ambro - not that i care
    10 days premium account is 25 ambro, 60 days premium account is 85 ambro, by old system 56 days is 80 ambro.

Ok, so they decreased the move to premium spot to 320 (400 now) and ambro fountain old price 1200 ambro, new price 999 ambro, but who uses these features that much anyways...

They just basically double and tripled the prices of the features that are mostly used ... you greedy ....

But is all good in a way .. I was trying to quit anyway :)

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."

The post was edited 2 times, last by Cassiopea ().

• all the same people complaing as usual( i agree with cassiopea 100%), but one thing you have right, i am on way out, not because of this, because it is time, after soo many changes, i am a fighter: my mayor change complain: 1h delay when you cancell attack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yes, i know... that was long..... time ago....
    yes! log time... i shouh have quit alrewady
    ika is no going forward, it is going backards, that is for sure,i one was a proud ika player!

now add: piracy and multy allow!!!!

El Cid

I am not afraid of an army of lions led by a sheep; I am afraid of an army of sheep led by a lion

The post was edited 3 times, last by ramon247 ().

• I thought Gameforge was going to do something like this as soon as they announced the price changes. Increase the costs of the features that are being used and decrease the cost of features not being used...they are trying to follow the principles of supply and demand. I think they are going to end up shooting themselves in the foot...fleecing every last penny they can out of paying accounts will turn those players sour to the game.
    Num-nums!
  • ramon247 wrote:

respect mate! vergry

:)
    what word are you in?

You went to Alpha after the 1st merge because you thought it was going to be more active as far as fighting went. I'm on Beta fighting the Iranians and their GS banks...far more active a fighting server that what Alpha is now.
    Num-nums!
  • I always read the forum but never take the time to write anything.

But this time I will express my opinion.

This new pricing system is going to reduce the income of Gameforge through ikariam project and I assure you of that.

You are a company and a company always seek for profit maximization, you are no wrong on that, that's how the market operates.

But if you do it with making your customers constantly complain, in the end you will lose them

I have a 28 mill account and I have invested several times ambro in this account. This new system is robing and I won't be a victim of yours.

I will keep playing but you are not going to see any more ambro from me or clicks on your advertisements.

This is a message to the people of Gameforge in marketing or sales. I don't know who is really authorized for this but I hope that this message will reach them.

Have a happy weekend

The post was edited 2 times, last by A N U B I S. ().

• Personally I use ambrosies quite often - mostly for Premium trader, converting pirate points, moving town and merchant ships.

If so far I used Premium trader at least 10-15 times per week - GF had incomes from me about 50-75 ambrosies. Now, for the price 15 ambrosies I may use it once or twice per week, so incomes will be 15-30 ambrosies. And in the end their "business" model will just break.

Ok, real ambro users who use to spend hundreds of bucks monthly probably will continue but normal and average player who spends about 100-200 ambrosies per month will just stop to do it. One more great nail in Ikariam's coffin.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • i think that they r raising the prices on the features they believe to be the most "inelastic" and so theoritically wont lose much doing so . by decreasing the prices of the "elastic" features they increase the probability of it being actually used .
    When applying these theories from the book ,however, many things can turn out not as expected as how the community "peer pressure" each other into not paying etc. so lets see how it goes :D .
    "More hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than in the name of rebellion " ~C. P. Snow

• Draxo wrote:

Personally I use ambrosies quite often - mostly for Premium trader, converting pirate points, moving town and merchant ships.

If so far I used Premium trader at least 10-15 times per week - GF had incomes from me about 50-75 ambrosies. Now, for the price 15 ambrosies I may use it once or twice per week, so incomes will be 15-30 ambrosies. And in the end their "business" model will just break.

Ok, real ambro users who use to spend hundreds of bucks monthly probably will continue but normal and average player who spends about 100-200 ambrosies per month will just stop to do it. One more great nail in Ikariam's coffin.

We're the same in terms of spending then. Not to mention, you forgot one really important thing people use, especially when going for 12th town, doubling the capacity. Now, that luxury will cost us 50 ambro for 10 days. Something I do not intend on using. Or anything else for that matter. This is probably a kick in the ass most of us need to give up if the prices stay like this.
  • Cassiopea wrote:

female advisers for 10 ambro for 7 days....DISCRIMINATION!

YES this is discrimination :P

ramon247 wrote:

now add: piracy and multy allow!!!!

ramon you are an old guy , you are talking about the things which are already done and we cant do anything about this .

Draxo wrote:

real ambro users who use to spend hundreds of bucks monthly probably will continue but normal and average player who spends about 100-200 ambrosies per month will just stop to do it. One more great nail in Ikariam's coffin.

yes this is only going to affect the small ambro users not the big players.
  • It's becoming a game for players with deep pockets.... those who are used to spending loads of real money will stay, those who can't afford it will leave, and I'd say that's majority. It's just another way of saying there's an expiration date set for the game.

In any case, when the new system kicks in, I'm out... after almost 9 years of playing. Oh, well..... there are other games to be played. Competition is fierce in this sector, so... there are many to choose from, aren't there? :)

• This will affect strategy.

Those who built on only wine islands depend on the premium trader function to convert to the needed resource. In effect, they are raising the price by 200 percent.

Raising prices is understandable but raising it on regular use functions at such a high rate seems really unfair.
  • @Ramon, I was not complaining, but just pointing out what GF are planning to do soon to all of us...not sure why no one is talking about it earlier.. I found it important issue that concerns everyone. And I am not always complaining .. I was truly excited about new update with the items that also no one talks about...after this I am not excited at all.

I agree with draxo..I wouldn't think twice on spending 5 ambro to trade but I doubt I would be doing the 15..

@K1netic I believe these features were inelastic because of the price...I think things will change when they double and triple the cost...

And yes it seems quite unfair to raise prices all around just cause ... I mean ikariam is not that great game or the things GF are selling are not like petrol that will eventually be gone one day so you can afford to increase price cause quantity is getting lower...it will be interesting to see if the big ambro spenders will be enough to cover for the loss of all average and small ambro spenders..

I actually always thought all stuff in ika are kinda overpriced compared to other games I played...boy did they prove me wrong...

Also they increased mostly the features that are connected to their gold egg laying hen "piracy" ... even triton engines now 2+2+2=6 ambro will be changed to 6+6+6=18 ambro..

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."

The post was edited 1 time, last by Cassiopea ().

• Oracle from Canada wrote:

Those who built on only wine islands depend on the premium trader function to convert to the needed resource. In effect, they are raising the price by 200 percent.

Actually, from 5 to 15 Ambrosia is three times the price.

That is way above inflation.

New strategies excluding Ambrosia need to be used from then on.
  • Out of curiosity, does anyone know if GF has a history of raising premium prices on games that are doing poorly?

And I'll echo others when it comes to the premium trader. How many times do we see a post saying "It doesn't cost a lot, so I do it. What's $20 a year during a happy hour?" Unless the happy hour bonuses increase significantly, I imagine you'll no longer see that.

But one thing to bear in mind is that theses prices are going to be tested out. If what's being said here holds true and profits go down, the old system will stay.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you