ambrosia boycott

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• ambrosia boycott

Hi fellow ikariamers As you may of notice Ikariam has been given a new update and i disprove of it. Myself a big ambrosia purchaser is asking the fellow community to join me this update has seen a huge price increase on every single item that gets used a lot. Now i here by announce i will not buy anymore ambrosia after this pirate round and i am curious to see if anyone here will join. Post a link of this post and share to your allies we must protest and stop this increase and make them think twice!

Boycott starts at 18/12/16 at 18:00 please post and share and support this!

ThE_FEARED the young and poor kid who cannot keep up with prices of this game anymore.

The post was edited 1 time, last by ThE_FEARED: grammor ().

• Have you tried to think for a while to understand - it will never work out? Such boycotts won't change anything, because players are richer and spend more ambrosies than you - "young and poor kid" (quoting yourself) - can ever imagine.

Gameforge won't change prices because really addicted and active ambro spenders will continue buy them. But casual players who spend only sometimes make only a small part of incomes.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

Have you tried to think for a while to understand - it will never work out? Such boycotts won't change anything, because players are richer and spend more ambrosies than you - "young and poor kid" (quoting yourself) - can ever imagine.

Gameforge won't change prices because really addicted and active ambro spenders will continue buy them. But casual players who spend only sometimes make only a small part of incomes.

By any standards here, I'm rich as well. The bottom line is that:

a) ambro is needed to compete effectively in most aspects of the game
    b) the game is just not that good to justify the ambrosia price increase

The majority of ambro prices has been constant since the day it was introduced and many town decisions were made based on that. I look at the price increase as a form of extortion.

Ridding Alpha of wasted resources, one pillage at a time

The post was edited 1 time, last by Master Blaster ().

• I like the update.I like the rewards for achievements and the cost of mercenary ships dropped a little bit.Let's face it, there are only 2 things people are complaining about.The Premium trader(mostly) and the triton engines.The triton engines are only used for pirating anyway so that is an excellent move as far as I am concerned.The Premium trader does sting a bit.Perhaps a drop to 10 ambrosia would be more acceptable.
  • The biggest price rises are on the things that are used a lot...Premium Account, Padlock, Premium Trader, Capture point Conversion & Town Moves....all have been raised far too high & the extra days added do not equate to a fair comparison.
    I will not buy anymore ambro.

Also quoted from badidol's original Price Change post on December 1st..." Also we will keep some of these changes under very close observation and, if necessary, adapt to the changed situation."

Hopefully a loss in revenue will make GF thing at least on a reduction to the extra increases.
  • im in ill join, just about every time i play, usually for about a year, i spend way to much, first purchase is usually on the special ships, all 40 of em. even though those were not affected i still wont be buying anything due to the price increase. so IM IN
  • As one who really enjoys the game design videos of Extra Credits, I cannot help but recall their episode on why the Free to Play is being done wrong.

The only conclusion they draw that Game Forge might possibly take note of is that shafting the majority of players trusting that the "whales" (rich ambro users "addicted" to buying ambrosia) will still keep spending is ill concieved in part because even the rich do not like to get shafted (even a little) and in part because whales get a rush from expressing their superiority over other players.

With an outflow of other players it does not take a gifted mind to deduce that whales will succomb to either loneliness or the hollow feeling of futility.

Fewer players... fewer "whales" = less money. Bottom line.

Its actually good stuff and GF should heed their caution to all game designers.

GAME FORGE!
    Please reconsider your permanent ban practices!

:!: Contribute to & Vote on: :!:
    (Suggestion: The lit match has been dropped. Its too late now... :thumbdown: )

The post was edited 1 time, last by James Cauchi ().

• Draxo wrote:

I have talked and seen post of these addicted ambro spenders...some said they won't buy, other said .. they will continue buy same amount but use less features...and the moderate to modest people don't wanna buy...so I do not see GF winning out of this...may be they will have to pick from their own pockets to pay the designers for the new update this time...

#IAin'tBuyingIt

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
  • not buying Ambro anymore

I'm a moderate ambro user typically using it to move a city to pillage inactives, then using it to move goods to other cities and turn excess wood into other resources, increase crystal production, and move a fully loaded war city to a war zone - pretty much everything i use has gone up. As another person stated when premium trader was 5 ambro i thought nothing of just hitting the button - now i will be less inclined and use it less often.

I won't be buying anymore once my current stock is depleted - i'll probably go into a semi-retire state and just make wine - not really a whole lot to do now a days with rampant multis, extremely large GS scores, and Pirates is a joke for the average person.

Thank You GF for nudging me towards leaving albeit slowly but surely - i know my credit card won't mind.
  • Attract Vermin to GF

I just dont get it. Why the hell GF do everything they can to kill the game.

Stop spending ambro!?? I even consider quitting the game entirely.

"Many will call me an adventurer - and that I am, only one of a different sort: one of those who risks his skin to prove his platitudes." - Che Guevara
  • marcopasha wrote:

I just dont get it. Why the hell GF do everything they can to kill the game.

Stop spending ambro!?? I even consider quitting the game entirely.

As do so many other active players i have talked to and seen in all servers i play. To be honest i even encourage them to quit now. I guess only that will be the ultimate protest against GF if all the active players who made them most profit quit the game once and for all.

I would suggest GameForge top guys to act quick on this because i can only imagine about month from now they have already lost so many players that used to buy ambro daily/weekly. If there are those who still buy ambro and GF makes more profit than previously then good for them i guess and they made right call in increase
  • i see alot of crying on this thread. you know you can play this game w/ out ambro right? so all of you that are threatening to quit, why? you put in years and now, oh my, prices went up to use things. so what! it gets old reading all the complaining, at everything that GF does. either deal with it or call it day. but please stop opening thread after thread after thread to just complain. no wonder i dont check the forum often.

the game will go on , either with you or with out you, until its completely dead. ive never understood how ppl can spend so much money on a free game? i spend about $50 a year, wait for the extra 30% or more. suits my needs just fine. even when i was a fighter (now just a farmer), i never used that much ambro. and i consider myself one of the better fighters back in the day. i dont pirate, as its a waste of the real structure of the game, so i cant fathom how much ppl spend on that, and for what? you spend real money, to get not real, in game prizes, seems like a dumb move to me. but thats me.

anyways, my 2 cents, i wont stop buying ambro., as i dont spend much on it anyways. maybe if you get everyone to stop buying, you can all play on a lvl field, or whatever. you know the challenge is lost, if you just spend real money on fake things. i know, i know, "but i want to be #1", well life aint all about being #1, and neither is this game. :thumbsup:

• Simba123 wrote:

Thank you the_feared for making this tread. I agree. I will not use ambro on this game anymore. I like the piracy part. I can still use ambro, but this kill the game so i stop from sunday.

means you will use the ambrosia in this piracy cycle :P
    and you also need to mention which Sunday??
  • don wrote:

and you also need to mention which Sunday??
    Maybe he means Christmas Sunday? A little present for GF. :P

I personally have never bought Ambrosia and would say I am doing well. The thought that one must have Ambrosia to play this game well in at least one way, I do not agree with.

I am with the Sic one here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Draco and Solon ().