ambrosia boycott

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

  • I suppose - you have a statistic of all players who spend ambrosies on Pi and know how much they spend? And they have chosen you as a representative here - on the board? And also you have a control over the all players and their spending? :thumbup:

    Enthusiasm is a good thing but only a few players use boards and only a few players will tell you the truth about their ambosies spending habits. All others will just continue spending without telling you. ;)
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)


    "The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • I am playing in another community. (il)


    Until this update, I used to spend more than 2000 ambrosia a month. (for moving cities to war zones, converting capture points and resources, triton engines...)
    Some of my ally members spending ambrosia like me, and even more!


    I announce that me, my ally and a lot more big ambrosia spenders that I know, will join the boycott and will stop buying ambrosia until GF will return the old prices / change them to be more fair.


    I hope GF will understand they did a big mistake before this game will just die.




    yoyosh.
  • This game is not the game like I played 7 years ago, at that time I played great game with so much players, with lot of fights, and no spending much money on ambrosia, this game turned into paying game, which is idiotic! In every angle I have offers to buy ambrosia, to spend them to watch some features, wtf guys? I have money but I dont want to spend money on this game, cos as much as I or others spend the money on this game, this game will become worst and worst, in 2009 there was not that much ambrosia buyers, because of that the game was awesome, now this is only a shiit that I'm playing, expecting every day you will give us versions from 2009!!
  • im not buy much ambrosia maybe hole year 30 euros a little but i make others to spend more :) but yeah this is too much really too much
    maybe qwit game is the best thing in this moment :(


    Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.
  • I'm a player for around 5 years in Ikariam on Israel servers

    I've heard that there is a lot of disagreement also here about the Ambrosia rising :)

    The prices indeed have been raised twice or even tripled from the original ones.
    A lot of Ikariam Israel players are unsatisfied and also planing not to use or buy ambrosia. If we can arrange that together, That could be even better i think.

    I've been using ambro for quite a while - don't know the annual use of other players, but it could be 300$-500$ annually in my case
    which means now i will have to spend 1500$ for the same use - that is an outrage and i hope prices will drop - BOYCOTT WILL PREVAIL.
  • Joining the ambrosia boycott

    Dear community,

    I'm a medium-heavy user of ambrosia. Mainly for pirates - triton and points conversion and also using the ambro trader.

    I also used to spend approx AU$ 80 per month for 800 ambrosia. Up until this week. No more.

    I'm leading the strongest alliance in our server and everyone in my alliance is frustrated about this behavior of GF.
    Like someone said above me, even if you have money and can afford the increase like myself, you wont like to be mistreated and be taken for granted.

    I think this is wrong and greedy move on behalf of GF and I for one is joining the boycott and will not purchase anymore ambrosia until further notice. Many in my alliance are doing the same.

    Wish you all a relaxing weekend.

    NSW_YOYO

    The post was edited 2 times, last by NSW_YOYO ().

  • NSW_YOYO wrote:


    I personally have never bought Ambrosia and would say I am doing well. The thought that one must have Ambrosia to play this game well in at least one way, I do not agree with.


    As a player approaching their 9th year playing this game (started March '08) I can say that GF are driving the game into the ground.

    They have done many 'updates' over the past couple of years (piracy included) and the one thing that has ground to a halt is EXPANSION. We've been limited to 12 cities now for a very very long time. Also buildings now take a huge amount of resources and players MUST use Ambrosia to trigger Forklift as it's pretty much impossible to build dumps/warehouses to hold the amount of resources.

    I know Smith needs to use Forklift to pretty much upgrade anything and now that's DOUBLED in price.

    Whilst I will continue to play, I will use different tactics to mass convert resources and will probably spend more time but less Ambrosia to do so.

    I don't think quitting is the answer yet but my tactic will be to halve the amount of Ambrosia I actually use and play a little more cagey. If other high Ambrosia users do this then GF will have to realise it was a bad move.

    In commerce, raising prices doesn't always mean higher revenues per head. In fact you can send up selling a lot lot less and overall revenue will drop.

    I just wish GF would spend development time doing something that will open this game up again rather than piddling around with stupid features such as "Vermin"

    I've long campaigned to get Max Towns raised to 13 or even higher - as doing so would allow highly developed players to either expand or finally have a mobile town - which would allow us to properly join in conflicts and also REALLY take part in piracy - but these efforts keep falling on deaf ears.

    So one can only assume that GF have lost real interest in this game and are now just fiddling around trying to squeeze as much cash as they can for minimum effort.

    NikolaiDante
    Alpha - Player Rank 13

    "Don't piss me off - I'm running out of room under the patio"

  • I just wish GF would spend development time doing something that will open this game up again rather than piddling around with stupid features such as "Vermin"


    I agree 100% with that opinion.
    Enough of those nice to have features which can be implemented locally and which are kind of safe and mostly UI related.

    ikariam has been MY game since 14.06.2009, 21:32 (yeah, i even have the very first confirmation e-mail :) ), i suppose i´m an average ambro user, i have seen 2 servers shut down and i would really prefer not to experience that again.
    Especially because if main ambrosia buyers aka Key Players of every server just refuse to go along with unfair prices.

    Sometimes it is not just all about MONEY, does GF understand that? Most of those who have replied in this thread are an experienced players who remembers what this game and community once was about... but i suppose GF marketing team just does not understand that.

  • Anything in this world, if its related to price increase will always be a controversial subject :D It could be this time GF just "test the water"

    As you are all aware, mini game piracy tends to make players spending ambrosia. GF is a profit motive business company, creating that mini game called piracy is part of their marketing business strategy plan since few years back to make more income & increase profit. Voila! GF is right, more income is coming from this mini game comparing to the income coming from the original classic ikariam game when first time created. GF Finance department shows the fact that converting points & jump town on mini game piracy shows a significant impact to the company revenue! so... guess what? yup, next step is the price increase ;)

    We are all as players can only wait and see .... at the same time GF will also wait & see, well ... is the water flare up or just temporary small ripple, only time will tell.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Ratna ().

  • Ratna wrote:

    Anything in this world, if its related to price increase will always be a controversial subject :D It could be this time GF just "test the water"

    As you are all aware, mini game piracy tends to make players spending ambrosia. GF is a profit motive business company, creating that mini game called piracy is part of their marketing business strategy plan since few years back to make more income & increase profit. Voila! GF is right, more income is coming from this mini game comparing to the income coming from the original classic ikariam game when first time created. GF Finance department shows the fact that converting points & jump town on mini game piracy shows a significant impact to the company revenue! so... guess what? yup, next step is the price increase ;)

    We are all as players can only wait and see .... at the same time GF will also wait & see, well ... is the water flare up or just temporary small ripple, only time will tell.



    Ratna, a lot of the players commenting on the ambrosia increase are aggressive piracy players that use ambrosia the ways you mentioned. We all are unhappy with the change, and I know several active ambrosia spenders that are ready to call it quits because of the price increase. I'm guessing you are right, and GameForge just got their new 2017 goal, so are taking the risk of increasing the price to hit their target. Based on everything I am hearing, they are making a big mistake.

    Alpha - The Wolverines Diplomat

    Pi - The Wild Ones
  • Increases in prices were not exclusively made for aggressive pirates... pirates are affected only by the raise in the price of conversion of pirate points.
    The rest of increases affect everybody... premium trader, resource boosters, padlock, increased storage security... so counting on pirates to bring in more revenue is a mistake, imo.
    But... those who decided an increase in prices of 1-2-3-400% and more was a wise decision probably went to some business schools. Let's see if what they learned there pays off ;)
    As for me, and i used to be a very aggressive pirate.... I'm not using ambro any more (even though i still have some in my accounts), and i'm definitely not buying any until the prices go down to what they used to be or i quit the game altogether or those high up decide to shut the game down as it's not bringing in enough profit, whichever comes first.

  • landian wrote:

    Increases in prices were not exclusively made for aggressive pirates... pirates are affected only by the raise in the price of conversion of pirate points.
    The rest of increases affect everybody... premium trader, resource boosters, padlock, increased storage security... so counting on pirates to bring in more revenue is a mistake, imo.
    But... those who decided an increase in prices of 1-2-3-400% and more was a wise decision probably went to some business schools. Let's see if what they learned there pays off ;)
    As for me, and i used to be a very aggressive pirate.... I'm not using ambro any more (even though i still have some in my accounts), and i'm definitely not buying any until the prices go down to what they used to be or i quit the game altogether or those high up decide to shut the game down as it's not bringing in enough profit, whichever comes first.
    I agree 100% with what you wrote here.
    I'm leading my server with a 42M user and I too was a heavy pirate spending 1000 ambrosia a month.
    I haven't spent ambrosia even once in the last 1.5 weeks except for one "vermin" mistake and all I feel is anger towards GF and I wanted them to be successful in the past but not anymore.
    All of my alliance feels the same way. In our server almost no one is spending ambrosia anymore.
    I too will only return to buy ambrosia if the prices will return to what they were. Even if they'll halve it , it won't be sufficient. It need to be completely reversed to get me back investing any further $ in this game.
    I don't like greediness. I'm extremely unhappy with this move of GF. I really hope all other players are as angry as I am.

    Cheers
    NSW_YOYO

    The post was edited 1 time, last by NSW_YOYO ().

  • Oky guys you want to kill this game as I understand! Whell this topic is usless nothing will change!!! and thank you all for not using ambro easyer to win piracy now:D
    GF is to big company to worrie about handfull of players that trys to proof something!! All you are doing is weakening your selfes, and I think that 70% of all of these big talkers here will keep buying ambro them sefes:D
  • Lone Wolf wrote:

    Oky guys you want to kill this game as I understand! Whell this topic is usless nothing will change!!! and thank you all for not using ambro easyer to win piracy now:D
    GF is to big company to worrie about handfull of players that trys to proof something!! All you are doing is weakening your selfes, and I think that 70% of all of these big talkers here will keep buying ambro them sefes:D


    First, shut up you censored. You sound like a 10 year old who doesn't get enough money from parents to buy ambrosia in the game anyway. To be fair, guys like you who haven't bought any ambrosia during years of play might be the actual reason they are increasing them and forcing this game to die quickly. You have no idea how big part of the overall income this game brings to GF so shut up.

    On the other note, i'm quitting ikariam today as well after 8 years of play as do majority of my alliance in Alpha soon enough. I really hope any guy with brains won't buy ambrosia anymore and feed GF more money than previously. If you are unhappy about those increased prices just quit and use your precious time to real life instead of making some game provider richer.

    edit: insult removed / verbal warning - Atina