ambrosia boycott

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• FaZi wrote:

I am not a teamler and still i don't care about price increase because these are very fair, really.

I played some other games & those price are monstrous

those games may have something big to back them up.
    like some tournaments and other stuff.
  • Yes they have,

And prizes to losses ratio is 10%.

Let say if you lose troops worth 1000 Special currency than what you get is hardly equal to 100.

Not to mention the bugs.

I always used plus account & for that purpose i used to buy ambrosia but now i can get that simply by getting 450 favors.

I am not at loss here :)

The post was edited 1 time, last by FaZi ().

• @ FaZi

Nice of you to think of what the increase in prices means to you only. A bit selfish, isn't it?
    As for getting the premium account every day... just wait a while, coming up with 450 achievement points every day is not going to be that easy for long.

As for me, I'm sticking to my guns and not using or buying ambro. The game can be played without it, right? My 35 mil account will stay more or less as it is, as i need to use warehouse expansion for basically every building i want to upgrade plus ambro for converting resources... and the rest will be upgraded a bit, but that's it... until i get completely bored.
    TBH, i still play the game because of the people i have met here, not the game. I think that says a lot.

• FaZi wrote:

I played some other games & those price are monstrous
    It goes the other way around too...I have played games (and still do) where prices are much lower....but also I was honestly happy to buy the "ambrosias" no "buyers remorse" whatsoever....while here in ikariam, (especially now more than ever) it always felt as racket. First there was the redoing of the miracles...well unfortunately most of players towns were on Hades, etc...so in order to have a fully enjoyable game experience a lot of people were forced to spend thousands of ambro to move their towns...(all for nothing since then they merge words and gave free moves...talking about being screwed) and now this slap in the face with doubling and tripling prices and on top of it to add insult to the injury - the Vermin, that doesn't warn you you are spending ambrosia (unless you have activated the proper option in settings) ... no wonder GF are happy with price increase and all....I bet there was a lot of unwilling ambrosia spending due to the vermin...I just hope the people learned. Now why this feels a lot like an extortion or some sort pyramid scheme... ?(

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
  • An aside.

I found it interesting that the look back at 2016 featured the vast majority of Game Forge titles but that Ikariam did not feature.

O Game featured. Did O Game experience a significant update in 2016? Were its premium prices also hiked? If not then perhaps Game Forge simply isn't ashamed of what its done to O Game (whereas...)?

Is this all to be considered evidence that Game Forge acknowledges that Ikariam is (at best) nothing to write home about and has consigned it to be nothing more than an exercise in sinking one ship to float another? Perhaps this is one reason why the game has been creeping the way of adware (how long before we start watching fast food commercials in the theater?).

So... Game Forge has arguably "taketh" (again). One wonders what they plan to "giveth" in 2017... (besides further evidence of abandonment and indifference to the player base).

GAME FORGE!
    Please reconsider your permanent ban practices!

:!: Contribute to & Vote on: :!:
    (Suggestion: The lit match has been dropped. Its too late now... :thumbdown: )
  • I agree that the price increase is way too high. Although I haven't had as much game time lately due to real life, I've still kept my premium account going. However, in the past I have spent hundreds if not a thousand on ambro. I have always tried to maintain over 400 ambro in my balance and when I drop below I buy another $100 worth. That being said, when this ambro supply is gone, I'm back to old school. It's not worth the money anymore.
  • I don't get it, I really don't.

The way this thread has been going is like you are being forced to buy ambrosia and I've got a shocking truth for you (don't panic) and it's No you can play without buying ambrosia!

1- None of you here is a representative of ikariam.org players. You find this whole update wrong that's your right and opinion, you alone.
    2- Again, you don't want to buy ambrosia than don't! It's as simple as that.
    3- Those who are saying GF this and GF that and jesus the price is so high, well in the end it's business. I repeat, it's business, I'd love to see someone here claim they have their own business and giving out their product for free.
  • Teacup wrote:

The way this thread has been going is like you are being forced to buy ambrosia and I've got a shocking truth for you (don't panic) and it's No you can play without buying ambrosia!
    That is pretty much what everyone is saying here...we are playing without ambro and we are doing well.

Teacup wrote:

1- None of you here is a representative of ikariam.org players. You find this whole update wrong that's your right and opinion, you alone.
    And we execute the right to express our opinion....I thought we still have freedom of speech here in this forum as long as we follow the board rules, which we do respectfully.

Teacup wrote:

2- Again, you don't want to buy ambrosia than don't! It's as simple as that.
    And that is what this thread is all about.

Teacup wrote:

3- Those who are saying GF this and GF that and jesus the price is so high, well in the end it's business. I repeat, it's business, I'd love to see someone here claim they have their own business and giving out their product for free.

Prices of gas go up, but they go down as well for example.

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
  • Cassiopea wrote:

That is pretty much what everyone is saying here...we are playing without ambro and we are doing well.
    I'm confused here.. you are doing great without ambrosia is that correct? You stated that we are doing just fine without ambrosia and by that you are stating clearly that you don't need it nor are you interested in it than why do you care if the price is high? What is the use of this thread?

This is like a non-smoker getting all worked up because the price on cigarettes has gone a bit up lol.

Cassiopea wrote:

And we execute the right to express our opinion....I thought we still have freedom of speech here in this forum as long as we follow the board rules, which we do respectfully.
    I never said you have no right to voice your opinion, you do have the right.

Claiming it as the opinion of the majority or even all the users in this thread which don't amount even to 10 percent of Ikariam.org is what none of us has the right to.

Cassiopea wrote:

And that is what this thread is all about.
    So the thread is ''Why the prices are so high but hey we don't buy em because we don't need em!'' That's so logical..

Cassiopea wrote:

Prices of gas go up, but they go down as well for example.
    Seriously? You are comparing petroleum industry to a game company? Comparing an industry with politics and agreements and international conflicts plus multibillion-dollar inflows and outflows with Gameforge.. I hope you are kidding.
  • @ Teacup

Get a grip on what's going on here, pretty please!
    1. A lot of people don't have board accounts so they don't comment, which does not mean a lot of them don't agree with the ones protesting against 300% increases in prices. There's also a group of people who do have board accounts but don't like to comment.... i'm sure at least half of them agree with the boycott (i know quite a few of them and I play only on 2 servers). In other words, comments posted here are the voice of a lot of people playing on ikariam.org.
    2. It is true that ikariam can be played without ambro, but with ambro it is more dynamic, more fun, and attracts more people. I remember the time when where were 6-8000 active players on at least 4-5 servers (no multis were allowed then). Today the number stands at app. 5-700 (counting 1 player and 3-4 multis as one player, multis are allowed, right?... some players don't have multis, but some have 10 of them (that's allowed), so let's just suppose i kinda averaged it). The game has been around for 9 years and it's natural that there are fewer players now than 7-8 years ago, but with all the merges that have taken place in last couple of years, there should still be more than 5-700 active players per server.
    3. GF is a business, no doubt about it. Whoever runs a business wants to see profits, hopefully big ones. Only.... I've never heard of a business that prospered after having raised their prices by 300%. Actually, I haven't heard of a business ever raising their prices by that much! Have you? The 'trick' in running a successful business is making customers spend more money, not less.

It's going to sound like i'm preaching, but what the heck! So, a few examples:
    - i used to use premium trader quite a lot, it was cheap and i didn't mind spending 5 ambro on it even for relatively small amounts of resources..... now it's 15, so to get 'value for money' I decided to wait till i can make max conversion of 2 resources (which means I need e.g. 2 mil of wine and 2 mil of logs to convert them into 2 mil of marble and 2 mil of crystal)... and that doesn't happen very often, if ever.... so i'm not spending any ambro on that
    - having played this game for almost 9 years and having a big account, whatever i need to build I need to double the storage ... and I need to convert resources (it's kinda difficult to come by 4-5 mil marble the regular way).... it's way too expensive now, so no more building there... ergo no spent ambro, no cash in GF's till.
    - converting capture points i regarded as quite expensive before, but i did use quite a lot of ambro on it, on average I spent about 5-600 ambro per round... now it's even more expensive, so i don't use it at all... if i can convert regularly, ok... if not... oh well, it's only a game, isn't it? A lot of players feel that way so i'd say there's a lot less money flowing in. On the other hand, if the price was lowered to 5 ambro, there's a good chance more players would use it, even those who haven't used it before. Top pirates would have a much harder time raiding others, they would have to resort to e.g. using triton engines more.... but...
    - triton engines - i did use them from time to time, 2-4-6 ambro, not a big deal..... 6-12-18 ambro? that's a big deal.... not using them any more.
    etc.etc.

I think GF should pull statistics on how much the features that were used a lot before are used now and see the difference. The sooner they see their mistake, the more people will stay and continue to play this game, the more money will flow in, and that's what it's all about, isn't it? Money makes the world go round ;)

It's just my opinion, but i don't see any business logic behind GF's last price increase.

• Teacup,

Cassiopea, Landian and many others on this thread used to be frequent ambrosia spenders. But since GameForge increased the ambrosia prices we have decided to no longer buy it and some of us have decided to no longer spend the ambrosia we currently have. Cassiopea and others have been able to function throughout the game without Ambrosia, though it would be preferred to be a buyer and user of it again. But this will not happen until GameForge reduces their prices to use ambrosia. This is why we have this thread open, to spread the word on doing a boycott. I can assure you that even though maybe 1% ad Ikariam players visit the board, the message of the boycott has made its way through all the major alliance in game as well. I hope this clarifies everything.

Alpha - The Wolverines Diplomat

Pi - The Wild Ones
  • badidol wrote:

So twice a month to you is "almost every day"?
    Boy, I'd like to have your months.... :)
    Just yesterday, it was 20% discount for moving towns.
    Today its:
    Discount eventThe following items are discounted by 20%:(20.1.2017–22.1.2017)Close
    1)???
    2)tax advisor
    3)gold
    4)vermin

Discount event
    The following items are discounted by 20%:
    (20.1.2017–22.1.2017)

Close