changing IP

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• changing IP

I wasnt sure where to post this, but I have changed my IP using hotspot shield and I am connected as a US IP, but before I was using my real IP, from Romania.I heard that drastically changing IP location may cause a permanent ban for being suspected as sharing the account with someone else.I wanted to make sure if I was doing something wrong, and if I would get banned if I would continue.My name in game was changed recently fron Galactic Empire to Zisu124 so it matches me on the forums.I play on the world Dionysos.
    Thanks for listening and please give me an answer.
  • Yes, you're right - it's not allowed to use proxy services and change your IP address.

I'd suggest you to stop using it to avoid any further problems.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

Yes, you're right - it's not allowed to use proxy services and change your IP address.

I'd suggest you to stop using it to avoid any further problems.

Do you mind giving me a link to the official rules that disallows use of proxy services? (transparent / reverse / web proxy)

Does that include VPN?

I've looked at the official rules page and I can't seem to find it.
  • Sure - please take a look at T&C 3.2.5:
    It is not permissible to use the Gameforge Services via anonymisation services or similar means capable of suppressing or concealing the real IP address or the origin of the user.
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein