New forum style [Suggestion]

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• New forum style [Suggestion]

Hello guys!
    I have been waiting for long time already to hear news about new forum version (wbb4). But no, nowhere nothing about it about Ikariam. Only place where did I found it is Ikariam.ar . It would be also nice to hear new news about incoming portal fusion?

But because there is now any news, I would like to suggest new fresh style to Ikariam forums. Basicly the difference is just the background. Of course if I need to make full uploadable style pack, I can make it. I just need current style-pack so I can easily make changes.

Same backgroung in new wbb4
    ♫♪♫ Now listening ♫♪♫

• Regarding the WBB update - when something will be known it will be published.

Regarding the new style... huh, really? Do we need something so colorful? Not for me. At least only if there is a possibility to choose any other style who is not so hard for eyes. And so big background in both sides just makes no sense, these sides should be fully removed (oh no, it won't happen because of the ads you need to see in the right side) ir order to make the forum easier to read.

Sorry, just my opinion. :)
    Found a bug or think something doesn't work in the game? Don't be afraid and write a ticket or PM me! :)

"The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits."
    (c) Albert Einstein
  • Draxo wrote:

Do we need something so colorful?
    Yes! For me this current style what we have now is too simple/boring and old style.

Draxo wrote:

At least only if there is a possibility to choose any other style who is not so hard for eyes.
    Yes, it should be new style alongside the current two styles. :)

I hope somebody else can comment here too, what do they think about. :!:
    ♫♪♫ Now listening ♫♪♫

• I'm almost the opposite of Jambo. I'm trying to use the gameforge one, not the ikariam one, and it's visually awful and unpractical. It still beats the ikariam one when at work or at uni, since it looks less like I'm playing a game and more like I'm browsing a casual board.

I appreciate Jambo's design, but it's a little too busy at some parts. The character on the right, seems to be in war with his background. The background has a little too much vibrancy and detail, so both it and the character fight for the same attention, and therefore make the background way too busy. :/
  • If the guy is round, why is the woman in good shape, is she a gold digger?! Either make woman round, or get the guy in shape and give him a six pack! :P

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."

The post was edited 2 times, last by Cassiopea ().

• I guess is current....like Trump and Melania :D

"On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."
  • Antikythera wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you but I like more the current boards. Info is concentrated and clear.
    I browsed that board and although it contains same info it is too much clutter.
    And too colorful as Draxo said.

If it's added an another style option, however, I think it's a reasonable addition.

I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:

badidol wrote:

Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.

badidol wrote:

Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • grotnot wrote:

Cassiopea wrote:

If the guy is round, why is the woman in good shape, is she a gold digger?! Either make woman round, or get the guy in shape and give him a six pack! :P

Well they're just the art that's been used for ikariam for quite a while. Not Jambos job to fix that :P
    Hahha :D Yes, it's just copied from Gameforge.com -site. So I don't own it :rolleyes:

grotnot wrote:

What's a "wbb4"?
    It just a big update to forum software. Forum is made from Woltlab Burning Boards and they release always new version. 8-)
    ♫♪♫ Now listening ♫♪♫

The post was edited 1 time, last by FinJambo ().