Rams to take out 30 ballistas?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

• That is what I thought .... however after testing out somethings ..... I got Rams to engage with A Mortar ship.
    Anyone else with examples or input?
    ?(

Sea battle near Wonderworld 3
    (24.02.2017 23:53:17)
    Emissary[Slack] from Morong-Rizal
    vs
    BigG1[DiG] from Wonderworld 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ............................................. - Mortar Ship.............................0(-1)
    Ram Ship................................2(-0) - .............................................
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Generals....................................0 - Generals................................-22.4
    Offensive points...........................56 - Defence points..............................0
    Damage Received.............................0 - Damage Received..........................1120
    Damage Percent.............................0% - Damage Percent...........................
    <3 Ratna
  • I don't believe that Kirikas reply is correct. As I remember it, long ranged ships will go to the frontline when there are no frontline or flanking ships. So you will need more than one ram ship to beat those ballistas. My recommendation would be to fill both the frontline spots and the flanks with rams to minimize your losses when dealing with them. But you should also get yourself a variety of ships, or your fleet will soon be killed. And don't forget to get them upgraded in the workshop too, or they will be very weak. One final note: Ballista ships are crap, get mortars or catapults instead.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Zilla ().

• rams will engage ballistae. In fact, the ballistae will even move to the frontline.

Important question here is what is the size of the battle field.
    - On a large one, 90 ramships should give you a 1 round win.
    - On a field (shipyard/port lvl 7-13 top of my head, no guarantee) on which 25 rams ships max fill up the frontline, 10 can go in the flanks so that you can have up to 35 ramships fighting at once. His 30 ballistae will be facing them. You should kill about 9 to 10 ballistae in the first round while losing 6 to 7 ramships. Make sure you have enough in reserve to replace these, and although I think you will already win in the 3rd round with these, I'd suggest adding another 5 to be certain. In other words, on that medium field, 36 ramships minimum, up to 41 for better results.
    This should also work for larger fields. For the smallest field, a morale problem might allow you to win without sinking all of his ships with a similar navy.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Unwise ().

• yes kirika's reply is wrong . because she only makes the HoF and she never fought against ballista :P. am i right kirika :D
    and yes unwise's answer is right.

btw i havent fought against only long range ships for a long time so i am not 100%sure . but if i am right than long range with ammo stays in middle line and long range without ammo takes the front .

about moral, if you have more number of units than the opponent than the opponent losses extra 5% moral.

anyway when you are saying that you only have ram researched means you can still transfer 8k resources . so i will let my enemy waste the gold instead of making 40-50 ram. just for one enemy. :love:

The post was edited 1 time, last by don ().