Help me decide

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Dear users,

please note that we have a new forum now. You'll find it here.

The old forum is set to read-only mode now.

Your Ikariam Team

  • Help me decide

    Should i just demolish my lvl 20 wall if i reach lvl 25 townhall? if i am not mistaken it allows 30 pcs morts, if forged, my ranged and artillery will be wiped out in 1 round, right? How about 30 pcs morts but without forge.

    The post was edited 3 times, last by TeachMeIkariam ().

  • If you are not planning on upgrading the wall soon and you are fighting a lot in your town, then sure demolish it till you are ready to put in some wood and stone for a higher level wall...though there are tricks to achieve same effect even with higher wall...

    "On the contrary, woman is the best equipped machine ever went to battle"
    -Richard Le Gallienne
    "Asking polite with a gun in your hand is better than asking polite with nothing."

    The post was edited 1 time, last by Cassiopea ().

  • From how I understand it, some lower level walls are pretty much useless against good enough antiwall-units. This basically makes it to where the wall could be torn down to get the resources for something more useful. Someone who's more knowledgeable about warfare in ikariam should confirm this though, since I'm not an expert.
  • grotnot wrote:

    From how I understand it, some lower level walls are pretty much useless against good enough antiwall-units. This basically makes it to where the wall could be torn down to get the resources for something more useful. Someone who's more knowledgeable about warfare in ikariam should confirm this though, since I'm not an expert.


    no actually if your wall level is low i can break your wall as well as i can take out your complete long range and artillery in the first hit, without facing much damage.
    so in those scenario your wall start working as your own enemy. that is why either keep high level wall or keep nothing.

    and keeping the wall or not keeping the wall is totally an strategy .

    a big wall can damage an small enemy, can hold the battle for 1-2 rounds so that you can move your army.

    but when you are against a good player than wall doesn't help you much.
  • Walls are the worst designed part of the battle system because they generally end up hurting the owner more than the attacker.

    In addition to the kill the entire wall + the ranged issue, an attacker could just destroy 1-2 sections. This creates a bottleneck for the owner's soldiers when it should be the other way around ("Oh look our wall is broken, lets rush into a trap", said no soldier ever). This create a kill box where your front line gets chewed up 7 stacks v 2 stacks.

    The post was edited 1 time, last by motopia ().

  • motopia wrote:

    Walls are the worst designed part of the battle system because they generally end up hurting the owner more than the attacker.

    In addition to the kill the entire wall + the ranged issue, an attacker could just destroy 1-2 sections. This creates a bottleneck for the owner's soldiers when it should be the other way around ("Oh look our wall is broken, lets rush into a trap", said no soldier ever). This create a kill box where your front line gets chewed up 7 stacks v 2 stacks.
    I agree, I find it also to be annoying, maybe we can't have all the nice things, maybe it's the price you pay for trying to annoy attackers w/ your slinger or other units that hides behind the walls.

    I wanna know what town wall and or town hall level is needed to be able to fight better using my walls. I want my walls to fight like 1 wall is equal to 40-50 hoplites. I wanna beat this bottleneck issue.
  • TeachMeIkariam wrote:

    motopia wrote:

    Walls are the worst designed part of the battle system because they generally end up hurting the owner more than the attacker.

    In addition to the kill the entire wall + the ranged issue, an attacker could just destroy 1-2 sections. This creates a bottleneck for the owner's soldiers when it should be the other way around ("Oh look our wall is broken, lets rush into a trap", said no soldier ever). This create a kill box where your front line gets chewed up 7 stacks v 2 stacks.
    I agree, I find it also to be annoying, maybe we can't have all the nice things, maybe it's the price you pay for trying to annoy attackers w/ your slinger or other units that hides behind the walls.
    I wanna know what town wall and or town hall level is needed to be able to fight better using my walls. I want my walls to fight like 1 wall is equal to 40-50 hoplites. I wanna beat this bottleneck issue
    Levels won't fix this. l A single wall section will never kill more than 1 unit per round. The harder a wall is to knock down the longer the bottleneck exists. If you want your wall to fight like hoplites then replace it with hoplites.
  • Ratna wrote:

    The defensive bonus is reduced if your Town Hall level is higher than your Wall. The wall however is useful for you if you have just few troops in the city, eg. slinger behind the wall strategy.
    What you're saying sound like an older version. The current version, to the best of my knowledge, has your wall's effectiveness the same at all town hall level, unless you're referring to the fact that on a larger battlefield, oft gained by having a higher town hall level, there are more artillery slots that allow the wall to be brought down quicker. But a lv 30 wall would work the same with a TH 25 as it would with a TH 40.

    As for strategies with the wall, ways to help fix it are if you have a steady supply of fresh balloons to be able to take out enemy mortars, hence dealing the big damage there, but that takes advanced tactics. And then of course in addition to the slinger idea, you can also try getting the right level to have your walls last a short time so that the bottleneck time is reduced to a very short time, allowing the first round damage to exceed later rounds. (Since 1 round behind a wall followed by one round with one wall segment would be damage beneficial.) But that depends on an opponent working with that idea and not manipulating it.


    I don't play any servers anymore, I'm just here for the spam and
    :xeno: :xeno: :xeno:




    badidol wrote:

    Dammit, this thing dies darned slowly.




    badidol wrote:

    Go and check the permissions the Facebook app wants, I dare you
  • Kaleg Nar wrote:

    The current version, to the best of my knowledge, has your wall's effectiveness the same at all town hall level, unless you're referring to the fact that on a larger battlefield, oft gained by having a higher town hall level, there are more artillery slots that allow the wall to be brought down quicker. But a lv 30 wall would work the same with a TH 25 as it would with a TH 40.
    I believe that is what she was referring to :)
    Indeed, the walls 'work the same' irrespective of their levels. As you correctly said, if the town hall remains 'small', the battlefield remains 'small' too, thus the number of slots to allow the units to cramp themselves into each slot to fight becomes less 'effective'.
    You'll Never Walk Alone